PDA

View Full Version : Bunting Thread

I seen it dawg
05-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Don't worry Will James and his serfs won't be contributing.

I seen it dawg
05-11-2014, 08:26 PM
Cause he gone

Cartman
05-11-2014, 08:26 PM
I Seen It Dawg has apparently devoted himself to becoming this board's HD6 and banning people for no apparent reason, or because they disagree.

Every board has that one mod that feels the need to do this over time I guess.

I seen it dawg
05-11-2014, 08:27 PM
Ok

I seen it dawg
05-11-2014, 08:32 PM
You just got a serf killed Will

I seen it dawg
05-11-2014, 08:44 PM
I Seen It Dawg has apparently devoted himself to becoming this board's HD6 and banning people for no apparent reason, or because they disagree.

Every board has that one mod that feels the need to do this over time I guess.

Will I had only banned you for the Bama series because we all needed a break from you. Now it's permanent. Good riddance.

LiterallyPolice
05-11-2014, 09:29 PM
I'll chime in to say that you, I seen it dawg, are in the wrong here. It's sad that you are banning him just because you can and even sadder because you actually feel like a cool internet dude for doing so.

Also... WJ used the word "serf" one time. Whoop-dee-do. You not knowing what a "serf" is more of an indictment than Will James using the word.

I mean, really? Is this acceptable behavior from a mod?

Also - the only time you should bunt is with a man on 2nd (or 1st and 2nd) with 0 outs and you need 1 run to win late in the ball game.

ClancyDawg
05-11-2014, 09:34 PM

In agreement here, I like reading the threads and discussions. Brings life to the games when there are disagreements.

OldFatDog
05-11-2014, 09:38 PM
Will I had only banned you for the Bama series because we all needed a break from you. Now it's permanent. Good riddance.

Thank God. This board was damn near unreadable due to that asswipe.

C222
05-11-2014, 09:42 PM
Thank God. This board was damn near unreadable due to that asswipe.

Agree 1000%

Irondawg
05-11-2014, 09:47 PM
Look, I agree he was on his high horse a lot but fundamentally I didn't disagree with what he was saying too much. I rather enjoyed it when he would put together things like the situational bunting % he did. I thought at least mathematically he proved Cohen was probably costing us a lot more runs than he created. That was a good thread once you got past the Will vs. Todd crap.

shoeless joe
05-11-2014, 10:08 PM
The problem with will was he took it too far. Although he occasionally made decent points. He went from "bunting is bad" to "we have to win despite our coach". I think that was where the major issues arose. We have a coach that is doin good things with not great talent, but with his own approach to the game, and we're stock piling great talent over the next couple years.

Will has become a charicature of c34 v. Stans...without merit considering on field postseason results.

I seen it dawg
05-11-2014, 10:23 PM
I'll chime in to say that you, I seen it dawg, are in the wrong here. It's sad that you are banning him just because you can and even sadder because you actually feel like a cool internet dude for doing so.

Also... WJ used the word "serf" one time. Whoop-dee-do. You not knowing what a "serf" is more of an indictment than Will James using the word.

Also - the only time you should bunt is with a man on 2nd (or 1st and 2nd) with 0 outs and you need 1 run to win late in the ball game.

Thank you judge. Really? I didn't ban bc I could, he got banned because there were quite a few that were done with his act. He earned it. Cool internet dude? Come on. Are you serious?

I tell ya what...would it make you happier if I asked you if you wanted some too? Want me to ban your ass? Meet me outside so I can internet whip your ass? Give me a break and take that shit somewhere else.

I guess the mod review board can put me in front of the mod committee and determine if my mod privileges should be sanctioned or worse yet revoked. Thank you for chiming in. Your opinion is noted.

I seen it dawg
05-11-2014, 10:24 PM

No it's not. Is that you Will?

Goat Holder
05-11-2014, 10:29 PM
Will has become a charicature of c34 v. Stans...without merit considering on field postseason results.
This all day. At least Stans never played for a title. It was a point that could not be proven either way, so in essence Coach34 picked a good battle.

Will James has picked a stupid, stupid, STUPID battle that was pretty much lost before he even began. Shame too, he's a decent poster outside that.

LiterallyPolice
05-11-2014, 10:30 PM
Thank you judge. Really? I didn't ban bc I could, he got banned because there were quite a few that were done with his act. He earned it. Cool internet dude? Come on. Are you serious?

I tell ya what...would it make you happier if I asked you if you wanted some too? Want me to ban your ass? Meet me outside so I can internet whip your ass? Give me a break and take that shit somewhere else.

I guess the mod review board can put me in front of the mod committee and determine if my mod privileges should be sanctioned or worse yet revoked. Thank you for chiming in. Your opinion is noted.

Hey man, you're the one who started this thread to brag about how you banned him. You had a personal vendetta against WJ, plain and simple.

I seen it dawg
05-11-2014, 10:32 PM
Yep I did. And no I didn't I don't know the guy. Besides the fact he really doesn't know the game of baseball I really don't know anything about him nor do I give a shit. It's a message board. You decided to chime in so I responded to you.

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-11-2014, 11:10 PM
This all day. At least Stans never played for a title. It was a point that could not be proven either way, so in essence Coach34 picked a good battle.

Will James has picked a stupid, stupid, STUPID battle that was pretty much lost before he even began. Shame too, he's a decent poster outside that.

Holy dang, goat brings rational 100%

War Machine Dawg
05-11-2014, 11:12 PM

+1000. Guessing I'll be next to have the hammer fall.

War Machine Dawg
05-11-2014, 11:15 PM
No it's not. Is that you Will?

You may not like it, but indeed it is. The sacrifice bunt is the worst play in all of baseball. Period.

Todd4State
05-11-2014, 11:40 PM
If I had to guess, the consensus of the board is sacrifice bunting is normally a bad play except in certain circumstances. That's pretty much the consensus from most baseball people too. And apparently even Bill James agrees with that also. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

BUT anytime we bunted Will would call it a bad, stupid, whatever play to the point where it was ridiculous. I don't see anyone else doing that on here. And it didn't matter if we were bunting for a hit, which I think most of us are at least OK with, or if it was a reasonable situation to bunt- like last night in the 10th inning in a 0-0 game. And no one could tell him otherwise. Even if you had a rational explanation, he just couldn't get past the run expectancy tables- when that is only one small part of the decision.

I also don't seeing anybody on here getting pissed off at Jim Ellis and Bart for saying bunting would be a good idea on the radio or thinking that our team celebrates sacrifice bunts more than triples. That's stupid, silly, and neurotic.

Will is one of those people that gets an idea in his head about something, and then he lets it blind him to the point where he can't and won't learn anything else. Because you can't tell him anything. If Joe Torre was posting on here, I don't think he would listen to him- and on top of that would probably tell him he didn't know what the hell he was talking about because his spreadsheet has it all laid out.

Looking at a spreadsheet with a bunch of numbers on it from the entire league lumped into it isn't baseball- it's looking at a spreadsheet.

Todd4State
05-11-2014, 11:42 PM
The problem with will was he took it too far. Although he occasionally made decent points. He went from "bunting is bad" to "we have to win despite our coach". I think that was where the major issues arose. We have a coach that is doin good things with not great talent, but with his own approach to the game, and we're stock piling great talent over the next couple years.

Boom. Nailed it.

I seen it dawg
05-12-2014, 06:58 AM
+1000. Guessing I'll be next to have the hammer fall.

+10000000. Nah you state your point, right or wrong, and move on, good poster. Some people need to get over having their panties twisted over some dumbass getting banned on a message board.

I seen it dawg
05-12-2014, 07:02 AM
You may not like it, but indeed it is. The sacrifice bunt is the worst play in all of baseball. Period.

I can rattle off about 20 plays that are much worse. I DONT LIKE BUNTING. But there is a place for it. And it's situational and part of the game. Pretty much Wills problem is he never played the game yet acted like he was THE authority and NEVER could have a level headed discussion and see other sides to a subject. Ever. Got old.

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-12-2014, 08:04 AM
Thank you for getting rid of him, he just about made the game threads unbearable to read between the bunting arguments and blaming Cohen for things like a batter watching a strike three call.

Irondawg
05-12-2014, 08:41 AM

How? Now he started ranting but once he showed scoring numbers for just us in just SEC play and compared that to the rest of the season and to Boyd's it became a relevant topic of conversation. Just b/c we played for a NC doesn't mean a coach can be without criticism. Do you not think FSU posters had a valid complaint about Bobby B's special teams for all those years.

Look, I think most of us give credit where credit is due and Cohen has turned the ship around got us to unprecedented heights. He's upped our talent level and for the most part recruited a team that fights hard.

However, I don't see virtually anyone defending his handling of the offense this year and his overall tenure for the most part. Most are fine with small ball as long as you do it well and while we are somehow winning a lot of games, we do struggle to execute many of the little things that make a small ball team a good team. From lineups to substitutions to situational hitting and running, do you guys not almost unanimously agree that we overtinker?

Will certainly wasn't 100% right on the bunting and you can't use stats to soley makes decisions, but cohen is typically fighting the odds in almost all of his decision making. Sure it works out some of the time and he gets it right, but the main job of a coach is to put his players in the best position to win and I personally don't think he's doing that more often than not. And yes, I know the record says otherwise.

But let's just say for example in football we have a stat that shows we convert 4 & 2 65% of the time when past midfield. Overall NCAA stats show it to be 64% of the time. Our FG kickers hit 50% of their attempts from outside 35. Further stats show we score more points when we go for it than when we kick a 35+ yard FG. Would y'all not be screaming at Mullen to go for it in any non-late 4Q situation knowing that we don't kick well?

I'm not saying Will didn't take it too far some of the time, I'm just saying he wasn't the village idiot either and thought some of his commentary induced some fun threads.

CadaverDawg
05-12-2014, 09:08 AM
Lord knows I have had it out with MSDawgs34 aka Will James 100+ times about baseball, and he can be over the top....But, he shouldn't be banned IMO. He brings stats and some knowledge to the board. He's getting the boot for adding to the conversation while guys like C222 add nothing, ever, and get to stick around. I'd take Will and his "something" over those with "nothing" any day of the week.

Just my .02...and I don't have banning power so it's not my call. My guess is that Iseenit will eventually allow him back...but I may be wrong. I seen it is passionate too, and I can respect getting caught up in the moment, ha

Political Hack
05-12-2014, 09:20 AM
when people self promote themselves to an authority on a subject it's annoying and it stifles good conversation. I didn't really care one way or the other if he was banned, but he along with a couple more killed what was once a good political board. This is by far the best baseball board out there. period. bar none. There's zero point in risking that to appease one random poster who stifles conversation from 98% of the readers.

Believe it or not, not everyone on here wants to argue constantly. Some people actually want to have a normal discussion.

C222
05-12-2014, 09:21 AM
Lord knows I have had it out with MSDawgs34 aka Will James 100+ times about baseball, and he can be over the top....But, he shouldn't be banned IMO. He brings stats and some knowledge to the board. He's getting the boot for adding to the conversation while guys like C222 add nothing, ever, and get to stick around. I'd take Will and his "something" over those with "nothing" any day of the week.

Just my .02...and I don't have banning power so it's not my call. My guess is that Iseenit will eventually allow him back...but I may be wrong. I seen it is passionate too, and I can respect getting caught up in the moment, ha

Sorry if I don't want to join the Game Day threads by bitching about every out or every move Cohen makes. I don't feel like talk shit about our players or accusing them of not caring because they went to a bar. I like pointing out how dumb people sound in those threads when they make dumb statements (Detz doesn't care) and then we turn around and win 2/3 to put us tied for 3rd overall in the SEC. I don't mind our team/coaches being criticized, but some (Will James) takes it to whole other annoying level. I used to add a little to the baseball threads but people like Will made me not really want to join the conversation that much. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way.

I'm more of a basketball fan than anything else, so I like to add my opinions during basketball season. Tune in then and hopefully I will add something to the board that satisfies you and preacher matt.

HereComesTheSpiral
05-12-2014, 09:39 AM
Will might have been unlikeable and an all-around little bitch, but i never really saw him make a personal attack against anyone. If he did make a personal attack against a poster, chances are very good that he was provoked by a few people several times before he decided to defend himself.

I seen it dawg
05-12-2014, 09:47 AM

Wasn't getting caught in the moment. It was a culmination from a group. I only pulled the trigger. Albeit gladly.

I seen it dawg
05-12-2014, 09:48 AM
when people self promote themselves to an authority on a subject it's annoying and it stifles good conversation. I didn't really care one way or the other if he was banned, but he along with a couple more killed what was once a good political board. This is by far the best baseball board out there. period. bar none. There's zero point in risking that to appease one random poster who stifles conversation from 98% of the readers.

Believe it or not, not everyone on here wants to argue constantly. Some people actually want to have a normal discussion.

You're crazy.

CadaverDawg
05-12-2014, 09:48 AM
It will be interesting to see a game thread without his bunting comments

CadaverDawg
05-12-2014, 09:51 AM
Wasn't getting caught in the moment. It was a culmination from a group. I only pulled the trigger. Albeit gladly.

Well, for the record, I won't lose sleep either way, ha

mparkerfd20
05-12-2014, 10:06 AM
I knew it would only a matter of time before this became 6pack 2.0. Thanks for ruining it.

sandwolf
05-12-2014, 11:20 AM
Will might have been unlikeable and an all-around little bitch, but i never really saw him make a personal attack against anyone. If he did make a personal attack against a poster, chances are very good that he was provoked by a few people several times before he decided to defend himself.

I tend to agree. The guy is arrogant and irritating, but I never really saw him do anything that would merit his being banned. I might could see him being banned from the game threads, because he uses that as a forum to push his anti-bunting agenda which results in about 70% of the thread being a pissing contest when most people just want to discuss the game. But to be fair, even that was limited in the last game thread. And I seen it dawg was the one that came out of no where and attacked WJ, after WJ simply posted that Lindgren was in the bullpen.....and the only reason it didn't escalate was because WJ just flat out ignored him. So it is bullshit for I seen it to act like he is just an innocent bystander that only banned him for the good of the board.

MarketingBully01
05-12-2014, 11:35 AM
Sorry if I don't want to join the Game Day threads by bitching about every out or every move Cohen makes. I don't feel like talk shit about our players or accusing them of not caring because they went to a bar. I like pointing out how dumb people sound in those threads when they make dumb statements (Detz doesn't care) and then we turn around and win 2/3 to put us tied for 3rd overall in the SEC. I don't mind our team/coaches being criticized, but some (Will James) takes it to whole other annoying level. I used to add a little to the baseball threads but people like Will made me not really want to join the conversation that much. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way.

I'm more of a basketball fan than anything else, so I like to add my opinions during basketball season. Tune in then and hopefully I will add something to the board that satisfies you and preacher matt.

How does what you just said add to anything? Why not just stay silent in the baseball thread if all you are going to do is antagonize? That is basically what you just stated right there. That you love to antagonize other posters if you don't agree with what they say while adding no substance to the thread at all.

MarketingBully01
05-12-2014, 11:38 AM
How does what you just said add to anything? Why not just stay silent in the baseball thread if all you are going to do is antagonize? That is basically what you just stated right there. That you love to antagonize other posters if you don't agree with what they say while adding no substance to the thread at all.

And I will add and admit what I said about Detz was wrong but I never would have said it if I was not antagonized by C222.

Political Hack
05-12-2014, 11:40 AM
And I will add and admit what I said about Detz was wrong but I never would have said it if I was not antagonized by you.

borrowing a line from Cars "If you keep talking to yourself, people are going to think you're crazy."

joking of course...

MarketingBully01
05-12-2014, 11:43 AM
Fixed. Heh.

MarketingBully01
05-12-2014, 11:46 AM

I agree 100% with Cadaver.

whatever
05-12-2014, 11:48 AM
Fascists...

The guy definitely provides good information that's well thought out with a lot of data behind it. Whether you agree with it or not, and whether or not it's totally wrong or not, it's definitely interesting to read and brings a lot to the conversation.

IMO, he and Todd are both right in that it's mostly not a good percentage play to bunt in most scenarios, but that you also shouldn't just make all your decisions based on the percentages and you have to use feel and the flow of the game.

But just because it's a dissenting opinion you assert the "ban" authority to make yourself feel like a badass

MarketingBully01
05-12-2014, 11:49 AM

I understand I Seen It's point too here. He was just carrying out what the silent majority more then likely wanted.

C222
05-12-2014, 12:01 PM

How does bitching after every single out and talking shit about every single player add anything? How does accusing Detz of not caring, add anything? That's all you do. I used to go to the game threads to get updates and discuss the game with everyone. It's unbearable these days because of posters like you and Will.

ScoobaDawg
05-12-2014, 12:01 PM

I wish to congratulate I Seen for Seeing the Light and doing the right thing. I have come so close to giving Will that 3rd strike but never pressed Submit to finish because as of now he was being given another chance.

Good Riddance. The fact he was so STUPID to immediately sign up for another account and try to argue instead of just serving his punishment said all that needed to be seen.

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-12-2014, 12:05 PM
It isnt what you say, it is how you say it.

I seen it dawg
05-12-2014, 12:10 PM
Fascists...

The guy definitely provides good information that's well thought out with a lot of data behind it. Whether you agree with it or not, and whether or not it's totally wrong or not, it's definitely interesting to read and brings a lot to the conversation.

IMO, he and Todd are both right in that it's mostly not a good percentage play to bunt in most scenarios, but that you also shouldn't just make all your decisions based on the percentages and you have to use feel and the flow of the game.

But just because it's a dissenting opinion you assert the "ban" authority to make yourself feel like a badass

What is it with people and internet badass shit? That's Will James stupid.

There were quite a few people, very reasonable people and good posters, that expressed their discontent with will, and for quite some time. I wanted to ban his ass over a month ago bc I knew he would never stop with the same stupid ass whining and bitching he did every single post. I didn't because it was only me and a few others that wanted him gone, even though I could ban him any time I wanted because I'm an internet badass. If he wants to come back and be somewhat reasonable he can create a new name and come on back. I doubt he's capable. Some of you need to get a grip.

5-6 of y'all dive on my last statement and tell me the same in 3...2...1...

ETA: **** that Willie Beane is gone too

MarketingBully01
05-12-2014, 12:11 PM
How does bitching after every single out and talking shit about every single player add anything? How does accusing Detz of not caring, add anything? That's all you do. I used to go to the game threads to get updates and discuss the game with everyone. It's unbearable these days because of posters like you and Will.

Whatever, I do not talk crap about every player. I give updates. In fact I have done a couple of games myself when I wasn't asked to and didn't have to. Can you say the same? If you look at your recent posts, all you are doing is talking crap about posters and antagonizing. In fact, all you did in every recent game thread in Games 2 and 3 this weekend was antagonizing posters. You also are one that makes this board unenjoyable. It seems like you get enjoyment out of antagonizing people.

I seen it dawg
05-12-2014, 12:12 PM
I wish to congratulate I Seen for Seeing the Light and doing the right thing. I have come so close to giving Will that 3rd strike but never pressed Submit to finish because as of now he was being given another chance.

Good Riddance. The fact he was so STUPID to immediately sign up for another account and try to argue instead of just serving his punishment said all that needed to be seen.

Yeah he comes back as Cartman and immediately goes on the attack. Fn stupid. **** that guy now it's pissing me off even more. Lol

I seen it dawg
05-12-2014, 12:15 PM
And another thing... All you jackholes coming so voraciously to Wills defense are morons just like he is. Thanks for exposing yourselves to all the good posters, the vast majority, that make this board great so they can hit the ignore button on your stupid asses.

C222
05-12-2014, 12:17 PM
Fascists...

To me, it's not even the annoying bunt shit. He refused to admits that he is wrong in some cases, but for me, he refuses to acknowledge what Cohen has accomplished. Every inning that something goes wrong, it's on Cohen. He said winning the SEC (something Cohen hasn't done yet) is > going to Omaha (something Cohen as done). He can't possibly believe that, yet she posts shit like that to start arguments. He also said our SEC tourney win was meaningless. In the thread yesterday he:

1. Wished Cohen would've gotten ejected
2. Accused Cohen of making the game about himself (WTF??)
3. Said the hit and run is a dumb play too.
4. Questioned EVERY move Cohen made
5. Countless dumb ass bunt references.

We got it. He hates Cohen, Omaha, SEC Tournament runs, and bunting. He loves Lindgren. So glad he is gone.

MarketingBully01
05-12-2014, 12:19 PM
And another thing... All you jackholes coming so voraciously to Wills defense are morons just like he is. Thanks for exposing yourselves to all the good posters, the vast majority, that make this board great so they can hit the ignore button on your stupid asses.

I seen It, I get why you banned him. Majority rules. I was not defending him. I can see how a bunting debate in a game thread can get annoying especially when all you want to know is the inning and score. I know how frustrating it is to see a game thread and not be able to see the score at all. I am on your side. I just see the differing points of view.

C222
05-12-2014, 12:19 PM
Whatever, I do not talk crap about every player. I give updates. In fact I have done a couple of games myself when I wasn't asked to and didn't have to. Can you say the same? If you look at your recent posts, all you are doing is talking crap about posters and antagonizing. In fact, all you did in every recent game thread in Games 2 and 3 this weekend was antagonizing posters. You also are one that makes this board unenjoyable. It seems like you get enjoyment out of antagonizing people.

No I can't say that. I go to the thread for updates, not to give them. I'm sure the antagonizing gets old, but sometimes I just can't help myself for calling out ridiculous comments. If I let the "Detz doesn't care because he went to a bar" comment slide, someone else would've called you out.

MarketingBully01
05-12-2014, 12:23 PM
No I can't say that. I go to the thread for updates, not to give them. I'm sure the antagonizing gets old, but sometimes I just can't help myself for calling out ridiculous comments. If I let the "Detz doesn't care because he went to a bar" comment slide, someone else would've called you out.

I said Detz doesn't care. Then you put in your snarky comment then I responded with the other stupid crap. Look yes I am calling it stupid. I shouldn't have said it. But I never would have said the other comment without your snarky comment. See how that works?

LiterallyPolice
05-12-2014, 12:57 PM

And we're the ones getting our panties in a wad? Right.

I seen it dawg
05-12-2014, 01:06 PM
And we're the ones getting our panties in a wad? Right.

Hey punk wanna step outside?

Todd4State
05-12-2014, 01:11 PM

He has certainly called me names before. I've seen him make fun of me on other boards as well. I have done the same back to him as well- and I apologize for that.

And for the record in case anyone was wondering- I have never asked for Will to be banned.

MarketingBully01
05-12-2014, 01:12 PM

Hey and after some time to think about it. I will cut down on the negative "bitching" comments as you say in the game threads if you cut down on the antagonizing. Hey and also you should add a little commentary about the game. I think that is a win win for everyone. Should be fun as we are getting to post season.

HereComesTheSpiral
05-12-2014, 01:26 PM
He has certainly called me names before. I've seen him make fun of me on other boards as well. I have done the same back to him as well- and I apologize for that.

And for the record in case anyone was wondering- I have never asked for Will to be banned.

Never really saw the name calling because i would usually skip the pissing contests between you two. Nothing against you, i would just choose to scroll down until i didnt see your usernames with replies to the other.

Todd4State
05-12-2014, 01:30 PM
To me, it's not even the annoying bunt shit. He refused to admits that he is wrong in some cases, but for me, he refuses to acknowledge what Cohen has accomplished. Every inning that something goes wrong, it's on Cohen. He said winning the SEC (something Cohen hasn't done yet) is > going to Omaha (something Cohen as done). He can't possibly believe that, yet she posts shit like that to start arguments. He also said our SEC tourney win was meaningless. In the thread yesterday he:

1. Wished Cohen would've gotten ejected
2. Accused Cohen of making the game about himself (WTF??)
3. Said the hit and run is a dumb play too.
4. Questioned EVERY move Cohen made
5. Countless dumb ass bunt references.

We got it. He hates Cohen, Omaha, SEC Tournament runs, and bunting. He loves Lindgren. So glad he is gone.

Exactly. It goes WAY beyond bunting. One of the things he doesn't get is there aren't going to be very many coaches that could have outdone what Cohen has done so far- whether you agree with Cohen's style or not. And the other thing he doesn't get is that most college baseball coaches play small ball- and in some cases even more than Cohen. We're currently 7th in the SEC in sacrifices to give everyone a reference.

Cohen is not going to totally stop with the small ball stuff- we're bringing in guys like Jake Mangum, one of the top bunters in the state, Cody Brown, Ryan Gridley, Hunter Stovall has 30 stolen bases...BUT Cohen is also bringing in some power behind it with guys like Reid Humphreys, Gavin Collins, hopefully Chase Vallot, Austin Riley, Cole Gordon, Dale Burdick, and etc. And then some guys like Luke Alexander can hit with some power and run as well- same with Humphreys, Gordon, and Burdick.

We HAVE to have speed because of the ballpark we play in, Trustmark Park, Hoover, and Omaha. If we can't cover the ground out there and allow hits, it's going to offset the home runs we might hit.

ScoobaDawg
05-12-2014, 03:24 PM
I'd love to see Will James talk to say Augie Garrido about how bunting doesn't work.

It's about being aggressive and forcing teams to make mistakes.
Just last night I was watching the UVerse special on MSU Baseball at one point Cohen is going over team philosophies and the power point slide they had on when it showed on the screen was about being aggressive and taking away the inner part of the plate. Plant your front foot. Thats one of the parts of how John wants his team to play.
Just like last night people were calling out Cohen for CT's bonheaded move of not running full speed on a hit and run. The batter had no chance to get a piece of it on a pitch out but CT has to go.