PDA

View Full Version : Will James, the Braves just took your bunting stats....

Goat Holder
05-10-2014, 09:04 PM
.....and wiped their ass with them.

Will James
05-10-2014, 09:43 PM
This is the night you choose to say something about bunting? I believe tonight was a case study in my favor.

Todd4State
05-11-2014, 01:03 AM
Some people can read a spreadsheet. And some people know baseball.

Todd4State
05-11-2014, 01:26 AM
This is the night you choose to say something about bunting? I believe tonight was a case study in my favor.

LOL.

First of all, we didn't start bunting in a 0-0 game until the seventh inning. If Heck had gotten his bunt down, Collins would have driven in Pirtle and we don't go to extra innings. Even if Pirtle would have only gotten to third on Collins hit, he would have scored on the wild pitch.

Secondly- CT who bunted in the 8th inning had looked bad in three at bats against the UT pitcher. So of course to your spreadsheet it made perfect sense to have him swing away and either pop out to third again or K as opposed to putting him in scoring position for Detz, Pirtle, Heck, and Collins. Detz walks. Pirtle hits a ball that should have been a double play ball, and then Heck hits into a fielders choice. We basically put the ball in the hands of our best hitter and he didn't come through.

Thirdly- We bunt with Cody Brown which got Gavin Collins to third base. That forced them to walk our worst hitter right now in Vickerson which put more speed on the bases. Demarcus hits a rocket to the SS. And then Britton pussed out. One of them has to come through.

Fourthly- We FINALLY get a double after they take their starter out. We bunt him to third. You proclaim that this "took the bat out of Pirtle's hands". LOL. The bat was taken out of Pirtle's hands as soon as CT hit that double because from that point on they were NOT going to pitch to Pirtle as long as there was an open base unless they are morons. They weren't going to let our hottest hitter beat them. What that bunt did was cause Tennessee to bring their third baseman in because they had to protect against the squeeze- which we sure as hell would have done if their third baseman was playing back with a runner on third because it would have been an easy run. With a runner on second in that situation, they would have set up a double play, walked Pirtle anyway and the game winning hit that Heck got probably gets fielded, at least holding the runner at third or if it gets through there is a play at the plate because it would have gone to one of their best outfield arms. They only would have pitched to Pirtle if there was no one on base or if the bases were loaded and didn't have a choice. But since we bunted the runner to third it brought the third baseman in and the shortstop had to cheat towards second in hopes of a double play- which opened up a big hole for Heck to hit through- which is EXACTLY what he did. We score and we won.

With our hitters right now- if we don't bunt- my ass is probably still sitting in Mr. Berryhill's box seat right now.

And you keep talking about all the talent that we have on offense- name one player that started tonight that is going to play in MLB? I'll give you Gavin Collins and he's a FRESHMAN.

Will James
05-11-2014, 08:40 AM
This is great.. Even when I'm right I'm still wrong.

If Heck had gotten his bunt down, Collins would have driven in Pirtle and we don't go to extra innings. Even if Pirtle would have only gotten to third on Collins hit, he would have scored on the wild pitch.

Always have to factor in the buntfail Todd. And you can't just assume the rest of the inning plays out the exact same.

Secondly- CT who bunted in the 8th inning had looked bad in three at bats against the UT pitcher. So of course to your spreadsheet it made perfect sense to have him swing away and either pop out to third again or K as opposed to putting him in scoring position for Detz, Pirtle, Heck, and Collins. Detz walks. Pirtle hits a ball that should have been a double play ball, and then Heck hits into a fielders choice. We basically put the ball in the hands of our best hitter and he didn't come through.

1. Because CT couldnt possibly get a hit ever off that guy, specially after seeing him 3 times. This is where you just make shit up and try to defend the Cohen bunt in whatever way possible.

2. You don't want to just put the bat in one guy's hands Todd. Thats why it's best to use all 3 outs. It's hilarious the condescension from you talking about situations where we didn't actually score.

Thirdly- We bunt with Cody Brown which got Gavin Collins to third base. That forced them to walk our worst hitter right now in Vickerson which put more speed on the bases. Demarcus hits a rocket to the SS. And then Britton pussed out. One of them has to come through.

1. Who cares about speed on first base in the bottom of the 9th. The guy at 3rd is the one that wins the game. Again, just reaching for reasons why the bunt was good, when it wasn't.

2. "One of them has to come through." You are making my point for me again. 3 chances > 2 chances.

We score and we won.

Man on 2nd, 0 outs scores 70% of the time. Glad Cohen got to feel that it was HIM that won the game.

With our hitters right now- if we don't bunt- my ass is probably still sitting in Mr. Berryhill's box seat right now.

Any random inning has a 33% chance of a run scoring. We actually get men on base, and scored in ONLY 25% of those when bunting. If you wanted to go home early, we never bunt last night and greatly increase our chances of winning it in 9.

And you keep talking about all the talent that we have on offense- name one player that started tonight that is going to play in MLB? I'll give you Gavin Collins and he's a FRESHMAN.

OVERALL
Man on 1st, 0 outs (Boyd 49%)
13 sac bunts….. Scored 3 times….. 23%
131 non sacs…. Scored 59 times… 45%

Man on 2nd, 0 outs (Boyd 70%)
16 sac bunts…. Scored 9 times…. 56%
22 non sacs…. Scored 18 times… 82%

Men on 1st and 2nd, 0 outs (Boyd 71%)
16 sac bunts… Scored 9 times…. 56%
24 non sacs…. Scored 18 times… 75%

SEC ONLY NUMBERS
Man on 1st, 0 out (Boyd 49%)
Bunted 4 times………. Scored 0 times… 0%
Didn't bunt 58 times… Scored 27 times. 47%

Bunted 12 times……….Scored 5 times… 42%
Didn't bunt 4 times…. Scored 3 times… 75%

1st and 2nd, 0 outs (Boyd 71%)
Bunted 9 times………Scored 5 times… 56%
Didn't bunt 6 times..Scored 5 times… 83%

Our talented hitters are around OR ABOVE what Boyd expects when we don't waste outs. What part of this equation do you not understand. Cohen clearly handcuffs our offense. Please keep in mind the wasted at bats trying to bunt (like Heck's last night in the 7th) go into the DIDNT BUNT category so the difference is actually MORE than whats shown here.

I seen it dawg
05-11-2014, 08:42 AM
Todd that's way too much actual baseball for Will to comprehend. Prepare for an algorithm and some shit about serfs not bunting because they don't have thumbs and that's why they win their battles...or something stupid like that.

Eta....shit he beat me to the post

I seen it dawg
05-11-2014, 08:45 AM
Will what's your baseball resume?

Will James
05-11-2014, 08:47 AM
I don't know how to read a chart

It's real easy I seen it, just look at the percentage when bunting and then look at the vastly higher number beside where it says "didn't bunt".

I seen it dawg
05-11-2014, 08:53 AM
Lol nice quote edit to my question about your baseball resume. Careful I can do that too. To be honest I hate bunting too but I smile everytime Cohen does it because I know you punch your serf doll everytime it happens.

Todd4State
05-11-2014, 01:29 PM
This is great.. Even when I'm right I'm still wrong. No- your still wrong. Sorry.

Always have to factor in the buntfail Todd. And you can't just assume the rest of the inning plays out the exact same. And you can't assume that our guys are always going to get a hit if they don't bunt. But you always do- even though there is less than 70% chance of that happening.

1. Because CT couldnt possibly get a hit ever off that guy, specially after seeing him 3 times. This is where you just make shit up and try to defend the Cohen bunt in whatever way possible. So, CT had three at bats against the guy which I personally witnessed and now I'm "making shit up"? Sounds like you are the one making shit up to try to fit your agenda or to try to make it look like you are right.

2. You don't want to just put the bat in one guy's hands Todd. Thats why it's best to use all 3 outs. It's hilarious the condescension from you talking about situations where we didn't actually score. Seven innings we don't bunt = 0 runs. Three innings we do = 1 run. Even Bill James disagrees with you- more on that in a minute. A close game like the one we were in is EXACTLY when you should bunt.

1. Who cares about speed on first base in the bottom of the 9th. The guy at 3rd is the one that wins the game. Again, just reaching for reasons why the bunt was good, when it wasn't. Who cares? That's the winning run. Sounds more like you're reaching again about why bunting is bad.

2. "One of them has to come through." You are making my point for me again. 3 chances > 2 chances. Sometimes things don't work out.

Man on 2nd, 0 outs scores 70% of the time. Glad Cohen got to feel that it was HIM that won the game. The team sure seemed happy. Hell, he gave Detz a choice to bunt or hit in the 10th inning and Detz chose to bunt.

Any random inning has a 33% chance of a run scoring. We actually get men on base, and scored in ONLY 25% of those when bunting. If you wanted to go home early, we never bunt last night and greatly increase our chances of winning it in 9. Actually it's 33% because a bunt that doesn't get laid down isn't a bunt. Sorry. And again- Heck gets his bunt down and we don't go to extra innings.

OVERALL

SEC ONLY NUMBERS

Thanks for answering the question about how many players we have that we have that are going to MLB.*********
Our talented hitters are around OR ABOVE what Boyd expects when we don't waste outs. What part of this equation do you not understand. Cohen clearly handcuffs our offense. Please keep in mind the wasted at bats trying to bunt (like Heck's last night in the 7th) go into the DIDNT BUNT category so the difference is actually MORE than whats shown here.

From Bill James himself:

"Time passes; there are other books and other prophets. The number of bunts per game has gradually increased since 1984, reaching as high as 80 per hundred games (1993). And I've had second thoughts, and I've done some additional research. I am no longer convinced that the sacrifice bunt is a poor percentage play."

Todd4State
05-11-2014, 01:30 PM
http://beta.thescore.com/news/491459

For reference so that you don't think I am making this up.

Todd4State
05-11-2014, 01:33 PM
Todd that's way too much actual baseball for Will to comprehend. Prepare for an algorithm and some shit about serfs not bunting because they don't have thumbs and that's why they win their battles...or something stupid like that.

Eta....shit he beat me to the post

No kidding. But Will is psychotic about bunting. The guy thinks that our guys celebrate a bunt more than a triple and got pissed off at our radio announcers for saying we should bunt one time.

hacker
05-11-2014, 02:11 PM
OVERALL

SEC ONLY NUMBERS

I have no dog in this fight, but man. You need to learn about sample sizes.

MSUDawg4Life
05-11-2014, 02:38 PM
http://beta.thescore.com/news/491459

For reference so that you don't think I am making this up.

Good read.

dawgs
05-11-2014, 02:57 PM
I have no dog in this fight, but man. You need to learn about sample sizes.

There literally decades of data supporting will James stance on bunting. There's a few situations it makes sense to bunt, but probably 90% of the time teams sacrifice, it's not the smart play.

Same shit with 4th and short plays in football. Numbers say coaches should go for it far more often than they actually do, and sooner or later someone is going to do it. Chip Kelly is bold in this dept already.

Todd4State
05-11-2014, 03:15 PM
There literally decades of data supporting will James stance on bunting. There's a few situations it makes sense to bunt, but probably 90% of the time teams sacrifice, it's not the smart play.

Same shit with 4th and short plays in football. Numbers say coaches should go for it far more often than they actually do, and sooner or later someone is going to do it. Chip Kelly is bold in this dept already.

You should read the article I linked.

Will James
05-11-2014, 03:37 PM
You should read the article I linked.

You wouldn't seem as ignorant if we scored anywhere near as many times when bunting. The numbers are pathetic and you never seem to address that. Results results results.

Todd4State
05-11-2014, 03:46 PM
You wouldn't seem as ignorant if we scored anywhere near as many times when bunting. The numbers are pathetic and you never seem to address that. Results results results.

LOL. And all the while you don't address that our guys don't hit very well or with any power. And yet you expect them to get a hit every time we don't bunt? We have TWO guys hitting over .300 on the team right now- one of whom is a freshman that is a defensive liability at times and gets pulled because he allows about as many runs as he produces. Results, results, results indeed.

You have one inning vs. Auburn's rag arms to support your argument. I have every other inning this year. Even the game where we lit up Beede that was in part because we were showing bunt and getting into their heads.

Will James
05-11-2014, 03:53 PM
LOL. And all the while you don't address that our guys don't hit very well or with any power. And yet you expect them to get a hit every time we don't bunt? We have TWO guys hitting over .300 on the team right now- one of whom is a freshman that is a defensive liability at times and gets pulled because he allows about as many runs as he produces. Results, results, results indeed.

You have one inning vs. Auburn's rag arms to support your argument. I have every other inning this year. Even the game where we lit up Beede that was in part because we were showing bunt and getting into their heads.

Then why do we score above the expected runs if our hitters are so awful. You have no answer. Pirtle has the most sacs on the team, as well.

Todd4State
05-11-2014, 04:04 PM
Then why do we score above the expected runs if our hitters are so awful. You have no answer. Pirtle has the most sacs on the team, as well.

Because we put our hitters in a position to succeed rather than ask them to get three hits in a row. We do that by stealing, hit and running, and bunting. We have almost TWICE as many stolen base attempts as we do bunts.

And Pirtle only has 3 bunts in SEC play. The last time I even remember him bunting was in the Governor's Cup- and in that case he got a hit. Demarcus is tied with him for the team lead in sacrifices currently- and will likely move ahead of him very shortly.

So, again- sorry. I do have an answer. But keep thinking I'm the ignorant one even though the guy that you pretend to be like doesn't even agree with you anymore.

Will James
05-11-2014, 04:10 PM
Because we put our hitters in a position to succeed rather than ask them to get three hits in a row. We do that by stealing, hit and running, and bunting. We have almost TWICE as many stolen base attempts as we do bunts.

And Pirtle only has 3 bunts in SEC play. The last time I even remember him bunting was in the Governor's Cup- and in that case he got a hit. Demarcus is tied with him for the team lead in sacrifices currently- and will likely move ahead of him very shortly.

So, again- sorry. I do have an answer. But keep thinking I'm the ignorant one even though the guy that you pretend to be like doesn't even agree with you anymore.

We. Score. Much. More. Often. When. Not. Bunting.

If you want to call that "asking for three hits" then fine. But we score much more often doing that than bunting.

Pirtle bunted against Auburn and caused the fanbase to question the BAC of Our Coach.

Will James
05-11-2014, 04:12 PM
I can't understand how some brains work. The results are right there and yet you say they don't say what they do, with complete arrogance at that. If we were so bad we would have low numbers too when not bunting.... But we don't... We OUTPERFORM the expectations!

Todd4State
05-11-2014, 04:25 PM
I can't understand how some brains work. The results are right there and yet you say they don't say what they do, with complete arrogance at that. If we were so bad we would have low numbers too when not bunting.... But we don't... We OUTPERFORM the expectations!

Of course you don't understand because you think everything in baseball is black and white. It's not. And you're never going to understand it unless you are actually around it and see it for yourself.

Everyone else that understands baseball understands that you have to base it on individuals and what is going on currently in game. It's not played on paper.

Todd4State
05-11-2014, 04:28 PM
We. Score. Much. More. Often. When. Not. Bunting.

If you want to call that "asking for three hits" then fine. But we score much more often doing that than bunting.

Pirtle bunted against Auburn and caused the fanbase to question the BAC of Our Coach.

And again, you don't address the stealing and hit and running. Only the bunting. Tunnel vision. Ignorant.

Todd4State
05-11-2014, 04:29 PM
And even more hilarious- you call me arrogant and say I don't get it when even Bill James and sabermetric people are starting to not agree with you anymore. And then you tell me that "it's right in front of my face"? LOL.

Yeah- kiss my ass.

Will James
05-11-2014, 04:33 PM
And again, you don't address the stealing and hit and running. Only the bunting. Tunnel vision. Ignorant.

Which one of these is based on giving away an out?

Todd4State
05-11-2014, 04:37 PM
Which one of these is based on giving away an out?

Again- depends on the type of bunt. You should know that by now.

If it's a close game like last night- even Bill James agrees that "giving away an out" can be a good idea.

I'm still waiting for you to answer which one of our hitters is going to MLB.

Will James
05-11-2014, 04:46 PM
Again- depends on the type of bunt. You should know that by now.

If it's a close game like last night- even Bill James agrees that "giving away an out" can be a good idea.

I'm still waiting for you to answer which one of our hitters is going to MLB.

You just go off the damn reservation sometimes. We shouldn't bunt unless an MLB prospect is up?

And your article is hardly a ringing endorsement of the bunt... On base percentages are higher in college baseball than the pros... The skill of bunters is FAR LESS than that of the pros, which is why we see so many damn bunt fails.

For the millionth time I'm not against all bunts. We should have 6-8 not in the 40's. YOU are the one who hasn't found a bunt you haven't defended.

Todd4State
05-11-2014, 05:05 PM
You just go off the damn reservation sometimes. We shouldn't bunt unless an MLB prospect is up? And your article is hardly a ringing endorsement of the bunt... On base percentages are higher in college baseball than the pros... The skill of bunters is FAR LESS than that of the pros, which is why we see so many damn bunt fails.

For the millionth time I'm not against all bunts. We should have 6-8 not in the 40's. YOU are the one who hasn't found a bunt you haven't defended.

I said this where? Link please.

I said that the players hitting next in the order influence whether you bunt or not- as well as the current hitter. Shocking that you don't get it.

The skill of the actual hitters is less than they are in the pros too- and yet you expect a team with again, 1 consistent .300 hitter to hit just because they don't bunt. Actually, since college teams bunt more and practice it more than the pros, they're probably about as good at it as some of the pros.

You say that you are not against bunts- and then you whine like a girl every time we even square around. You also think that our teams celebrates a sacrifice more than a triple. Which is absurd.

I will always defend anything that helps us win and is right. I'm not going to cater to your stupidity to make you feel good.

Will James
05-11-2014, 05:14 PM
I said this where? Link please.

I said that the players hitting next in the order influence whether you bunt or not- as well as the current hitter. Shocking that you don't get it.

The skill of the actual hitters is less than they are in the pros too- and yet you expect a team with again, 1 consistent .300 hitter to hit just because they don't bunt. Actually, since college teams bunt more and practice it more than the pros, they're probably about as good at it as some of the pros.

You say that you are not against bunts- and then you whine like a girl every time we even square around. You also think that our teams celebrates a sacrifice more than a triple. Which is absurd.

I will always defend anything that helps us win and is right. I'm not going to cater to your stupidity to make you feel good.

College on base percentages are higher than the MLB....

College and MLB are equal bunters? Like I said you stretch into anything to try to defend what has been proven to be less productive.

Everyone can see that you are completely wrong on this. There is just no logic to your thinking.

Todd4State
05-11-2014, 05:44 PM
College on base percentages are higher than the MLB....

College and MLB are equal bunters? Like I said you stretch into anything to try to defend what has been proven to be less productive.

Everyone can see that you are completely wrong on this. There is just no logic to your thinking.

I've been to MLB spring training four times with the Kansas City Royals in college. They don't practice bunting as much as college teams do. Are college guys as good as Rod Carew, Juan Pierre and Billy Hamilton? No. But some of the better bunters in college are probably about as good as your average run of the mill player that doesn't do it a lot. The reason they don't practice it as much is because they have more power hitters. College teams practice bunting pretty much everyday.

College hitters also aren't facing the best pitchers in the world in their prime. And MLB teams don't get to play Alcorn every now and then to pad their stats. That doesn't change the fact that OUR team doesn't have a lot of power, has basically one .300 hitter, which makes your MLB to college comparison totally irrelevant.

Everyone can also see that if we don't bunt in the 12th inning after continuing to fail over and over swinging away like you want to, we don't win again today. Heck, we still had to have a bases loaded WALK to win the game today. Again- Bill James disagrees with you and your logic.

Political Hack
05-11-2014, 06:01 PM
Cody Brown says bunt the ball.

Will James
05-11-2014, 06:17 PM
Cody Brown says bunt the ball.

Yeah it worked this time lets ignore the numerous seasons worth of data. Bunting doesn't lead to a 0% chance of scoring (although this is the first time bunting there in league play that we have scored) and not bunting doesn't lead to scoring 100% of the time.

Its about maximizing you chances, and Todd here insults our intelligence with his "we don't bunt and we don't win today" illogic.

Today doesn't throw out our numbers over the last few seasons. Thinking otherwise would be stupid.

Political Hack
05-11-2014, 06:51 PM
the likelihood of errors and other mistakes in college baseball is pretty high. I like seeing Cohen put pressure on teams and pitchers by moving runners into scoring position. Bunting does move runners and given the number of "big innings" we've had in sec play, I can't see much of an argument against moving runners in exchange for an out.

just my two cents... I didn't do a dissertation on the subject or anything.

Will James
05-11-2014, 07:00 PM
I can't see much of an argument against moving runners in exchange for an out..

Coach, you didn't block the results from Todd and Hack did you?? Not much of an argument?! Look at what actually happens.

Do one thing, leads to far less runs than doing something else...

Political Hack
05-11-2014, 07:12 PM
Coach, you didn't block the results from Todd and Hack did you?? Not much of an argument?! Look at what actually happens.

sorry. I usually skip over the dissertations. looks like Cohen did too.

RougeDawg
05-11-2014, 07:42 PM
the likelihood of errors and other mistakes in college baseball is pretty high. I like seeing Cohen put pressure on teams and pitchers by moving runners into scoring position. Bunting does move runners and given the number of "big innings" we've had in sec play, I can't see much of an argument against moving runners in exchange for an out.

You contradict yourself in your statement. When you give up outs you reduce the chances the other time the team has to "Make Errors". How hard is it for some of you to fathom? Giving up easy outs via bunt is asinine, especially when you have such a shitty bunting team. Not only do you give up outs, most times we cant get it down with frist 2 strikes and end up striking out. Let me guess, those AB's are conveniently "Forgotten"? We have horrible bunting mechanics, and from Will's stats, it's not that difficult to see how shitty our bunting mechanics are.

It is insane to give up outs and reduce chances for other teams to make errors. But Cohen's hands are somewhat tied, because we cant move runners in more effective ways like groung balls behind runners and fly balls with runners in scoring position, less than two outs. Plain and simple, we do not make great contact as a team, bunting or swinging away. The two main reasons are approach at the plate and mechanics. Both "Coachable" parts of baseball. Striking out as much as we do is inexcusable. Why our hitters never lengthen their stance, choke up, and don't stride with 2 strike counts is beyond me and all on Cohen. As any baseball person will tell you, this is the proper approach that maximizes the chances of "Contact". Our hitters do not do it. Vandy's hitters do and Vandy's hitters can place/hit the ball in the direction they want to. You spread your stance, choke up, and throw your hands in the direction you want the ball to go. Fairly simple if coached, but most of this stuff is too complicated for 99.9% of the people who think they know baseball on here. This team wins on talent alone, becuase they are not properly coached and in game decisions are bone headed. Just look at last year's team. Carried by Frazier and Renfroe, both of whom learned how to hit in their respective summer leagues. It's fine if people want to continue to ignore the reasons we are batting .260ish, but the facts and on field performances are all there to show why.

Political Hack
05-11-2014, 08:08 PM
didn't know they couldn't make errors on bunts too. thanks for clarifying.***

shoeless joe
05-11-2014, 08:55 PM
didn't know they couldn't make errors on bunts too. thanks for clarifying.***

Even with sarcasterisks this is a key point. The bunt today put pressure on the defense and an error ensued...leading to our victory. I do think we bunt a little much, but I do think that there are a lot of times when it is the right play based on our personnel. Cohen knows this. Look at our team and our players...then look at our SEC record. And there you have #cohening

Political Hack
05-11-2014, 09:02 PM
Even with sarcasterisks this is a key point. The bunt today put pressure on the defense and an error ensued...leading to our victory. I do think we bunt a little much, but I do think that there are a lot of times when it is the right play based on our personnel. Cohen knows this. Look at our team and our players...then look at our SEC record. And there you have #cohening

yep. put pressure on them and they folded. coaching won that game because hitting sure as hell didn't.

HoopsDawg
05-11-2014, 09:13 PM

I love the Colin Cowherd quote that some people just want to BE right instead of GET it right. It seems that Todd just wants to be right despite all the evidence to the contrary. There is definitely a time for bunting, but it should be a somewhat rare occurrence.

dawgs
05-11-2014, 11:10 PM

What if our lack of "big innings" is at least partially due to killing so many potential "big innings" by bunting?

dawgs
05-11-2014, 11:14 PM
I love the Colin Cowherd quote that some people just want to BE right instead of GET it right. It seems that Todd just wants to be right despite all the evidence to the contrary. There is definitely a time for bunting, but it should be a somewhat rare occurrence.

Pretty much. The only time you want to bunt is when you are playing for 1 run very late, like 9th inning late. And that even depends on the hitter.

Todd4State
05-11-2014, 11:14 PM

Ironically this has been my point the entire time.

There's a difference between saying what you did- about bunting should be a rare occurrence- and saying that every single time we bunt is wrong. I know that Will indeed did say that there are times that bunting is OK- but when the rubber met the road and those times happened, he STILL went off the deep end. To the point where he got pissed off at Jim Ellis and Bart Gregory for saying we should bunt one time on the radio and saying that our team celebrated getting a sacrifice down more than a triple.

Todd4State
05-11-2014, 11:19 PM
What if our lack of "big innings" is at least partially due to killing so many potential "big innings" by bunting?

That might hold water if we weren't so inept with runners in scoring position. We aren't going to have a lot of big innings simply because we don't have a lot of power. Whether we bunt or not.

There is a reason why we bunted less last year, and why we are bunting more this year and in 2011 and 2012.