PDA

View Full Version : Really thought LDP would get drafted

Irondawg
05-10-2014, 06:28 PM
In the 6th or 7th. Hopefully he and his agent make a good choice of fa destination. I'm hoping for the saints or lions where his receiving skills would be valued

Meanwhile the Bills traded for Bryce Brown so Boobie looks buried again

esplanade91
05-10-2014, 07:14 PM
No room on the depth chart for LDP with the Saints. Especially his type.

We'll see how it plays out, but I think he spends a year or two on a practice squad.

War Machine Dawg
05-10-2014, 08:09 PM
I was a little bit surprised, too. I think with his speed and willingness to block, he could be a very solid 3rd down back for a time. Have a career very similar to Kevin Faulk.

ShotgunDawg
05-10-2014, 11:01 PM
Why would anyone be surprised that Perkins didn't get drafted? Did you watch us play last year? I like Ladarious and believe he was good for us, but come on, he was a scat back that couldn't get around the end.

DawgSaint
05-10-2014, 11:02 PM
Looks like he will sign free agent contract with Packers

ShotgunDawg
05-10-2014, 11:03 PM
I was a little bit surprised, too. I think with his speed and willingness to block, he could be a very solid 3rd down back for a time. Have a career very similar to Kevin Faulk.

You mean this Kevin Faulk?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG_U8ioNEO0

TheRef
05-10-2014, 11:12 PM
Whitley signed a FA deal with Cleveland Browns.

LDP signed a FA deal with Green Bay Packers.

CadaverDawg
05-11-2014, 01:13 AM
Why would anyone be surprised that Perkins didn't get drafted? Did you watch us play last year? I like Ladarious and believe he was good for us, but come on, he was a scat back that couldn't get around the end.

Exactly. I love LDP, but there is a reason we were all screaming for Robinson....Perkins doesn't have break away speed, and he isn't able to run through tackles either. You better have one or the other if you want to be drafted.

Todd4State
05-11-2014, 01:46 AM
You mean this Kevin Faulk?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG_U8ioNEO0

I love how he stiff armed the guy with the last name "Bryant".

Todd4State
05-11-2014, 01:51 AM
Exactly. I love LDP, but there is a reason we were all screaming for Robinson....Perkins doesn't have break away speed, and he isn't able to run through tackles either. You better have one or the other if you want to be drafted.

As much as Tyler didn't fit Dan's offense- Perkins was just as much or more of a misfit. When it's third and eight all the time, everyone knows what's coming next.

And as far as Dak even- we talk about him running the ball too much. I'm pretty sure there were a lot of times that he kept it because he knew that he had a better chance of getting the yardage on the option as opposed to Perkins. I think with Robinson and Shumpert getting the lion's share FINALLY we'll see Dak pitch it a little more to the backs on the option.