PDA

View Full Version : Dang ! Bucky's releasing players to other SECW teams now .......

RIdog
05-10-2014, 12:02 PM
Released his starting RT Golson to talk to Auburn - don't know why but i had been giving him a little more credit than that ......

maroonmania
05-10-2014, 12:13 PM
When you sign players using some of the methods Bucky (and his supporters) are using, you don't leave yourself a lot of leverage to play hard ball with players that want to jump ship. You certainly don't want them going public about how they ended up at OM. If I remember right Golson was committed to FSU for a LONG time and then out of the blue took a Jan trip to Oxford with no prior major interest and low and behold decided to became a Rebel.

RIdog
05-10-2014, 12:19 PM
Yeah , i see your point but when was the last time you remember a player transferring in the same division with a release ?

notsofarawaydawg
05-10-2014, 12:23 PM
I guess when Auburn laid the proof on the table Bucky had no choice. Release him or get reported.

M.Fillmore
05-10-2014, 12:26 PM
Stands released whatshisname to play at Upig.

You only do this if you want them to keep their mouth shut.

RTO Dawg
05-10-2014, 12:27 PM
When you sign players using some of the methods Bucky (and his supporters) are using, you don't leave yourself a lot of leverage to play hard ball with players that want to jump ship. You certainly don't want them going public about how they ended up at OM. If I remember right Golson was committed to FSU for a LONG time and then out of the blue took a Jan trip to Oxford with no prior major interest and low and behold decided to became a Rebel.

+1

Bully13
05-10-2014, 12:28 PM

I like this thread and hope it grows

Coach34
05-10-2014, 12:33 PM
Yeah , i see your point but when was the last time you remember a player transferring in the same division with a release ?

Stands releasing Gary Ervin to UPig?

preachermatt83
05-10-2014, 12:40 PM

Nailed it!

mic
05-10-2014, 12:45 PM
This is a HUGE blow to them no matter how they try and spin it..
Starting RT with basically no one behind him .. They will either have the juco guy start there (forget his name) if he gets in school or they will prob have to move Bouldin over to RT and he was going to start at G for them..
To say they are thin at OL is an understatement..

jalakin
05-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Where are you seeing this?

whosyourdawgy
05-10-2014, 01:04 PM

I don't think Stansbury was trying to keep Ervin's mouth shut. Hell, I woulda thrown 100 bucks in there to get his ass out of Starkville. Stans was glad they took him off of his hands

1bigdawg
05-10-2014, 07:51 PM
Released his starting RT Golson to talk to Auburn - don't know why but i had been giving him a little more credit than that ......

With a medical hardship, I don't think it matters if you release someone or not. They can go to any school within the radius allowed by the NCAA.

BossDawg
05-10-2014, 09:33 PM
So, because I'm ignorant, but do ya think IF Golson goes to the Barn, reckon he'll be keying in Malzahn on some things before their game?

Coach34
05-10-2014, 09:37 PM
I don't think Stansbury was trying to keep Ervin's mouth shut. Hell, I woulda thrown 100 bucks in there to get his ass out of Starkville. Stans was glad they took him off of his hands

whats sad is that you probably believe this

Gary Ervin went on to UPig and led them to 2 NCAA Tourneys...he was named SEC POW 3 times in those 2 years...he also stuck it in our ass in the 2008 SEC Tourney and kept us out of the NCAA Tourney

Losing Ervin hurt our program

whosyourdawgy
05-10-2014, 10:11 PM
whats sad is that you probably believe this

Gary Ervin went on to UPig and led them to 2 NCAA Tourneys...he was named SEC POW 3 times in those 2 years...he also stuck it in our ass in the 2008 SEC Tourney and kept us out of the NCAA Tourney

Losing Ervin hurt our program

Yep, serious as a heart attack and at the time, there weren't many true MSU basketball fans that wanted him back on our team. Yes, he stuck it to us in the SEC Tourney but he also cost us the game vs Duke in the NCAA tourney. I didn't miss watching his wild ass play at all.

Coach34
05-10-2014, 10:43 PM
but he also cost us the game vs Duke in the NCAA tourney.

What? Stands zoning Duke giving them 10 points in 5 offensive possessions lost the game vs Duke

whosyourdawgy
05-10-2014, 10:52 PM
What? Stands zoning Duke giving them 10 points in 5 offensive possessions lost the game vs Duke

Go back and watch Ervin in the last few minutes of that game. He absolutely killed us in the crunch of that game. My opinion, if you don't agree fine. But I was damn glad I didn't have to watch his wild ass penetrate and either get his 5 foot tall ass get blocked again or him throw the ball away or throw up some crazy 3 or go for a steal and get whipped on D. If you don't agree, so be it. Your hatred for Stans is about mine with Ervin.

Schultzy
05-10-2014, 11:10 PM
I love Gary Ervin. He point guarded that team for two years with zero help from the staff. Stansbury scapegoated Ervin so bad it's pathetic.

shannondawg
05-11-2014, 06:25 AM
And this was about what football player from what school going another school in what conference?

RTO Dawg
05-11-2014, 07:29 AM
And this was about what football player from what school going another school in what conference?

Way they roll around here....Who gives a shit about an X coach and player...IMHO

C222
05-11-2014, 08:25 AM
Yep, serious as a heart attack and at the time, there weren't many true MSU basketball fans that wanted him back on our team. Yes, he stuck it to us in the SEC Tourney but he also cost us the game vs Duke in the NCAA tourney. I didn't miss watching his wild ass play at all.

I did.

Johnson85
05-11-2014, 08:27 AM

No. Just no. First, stand bury originally turned Ervin's request down. He was going to make him to outside the sec until Gary made his threats.

Second, for all his faults, Ervin was a legitimate sec pg. him leaving left us with no sec pg on roster. Do you not remember Jamal Edmonson? Guy started for us and should have been a guy used in spot minutes when there was foul trouble or injury issues.