PDA

View Full Version : Since politics is not allowed here, why is there a political ad on this page?

civilengineerdog
05-09-2014, 08:53 PM
hope they gave coach a shitload of rubbers

TheRef
05-09-2014, 09:55 PM
Ads are done by what you search on the interwebz.

civilengineerdog
05-09-2014, 10:02 PM
Ads are done by what you search on the interwebz.

whatever..........

TheRef
05-09-2014, 10:05 PM
whatever..........

Look man...I'm just telling you how it works. Everything is search driven as far as ads are concerned.

Bark
05-09-2014, 11:17 PM
Actually not this ad. I've never googled mississippi politics and I've got an anti Thad Cochran ad.

Yossarian
05-10-2014, 06:24 AM
but I don't understand why an ad supporting an Ole Miss Trial Lawyer would show up. In the spirit of fair play, "Re-elect Thad".

Dawgface
05-10-2014, 07:14 AM
Actually not this ad. I've never googled mississippi politics and I've got an anti Thad Cochran ad.

Same here. I never look up political crap but I got it too.

scottycameron
05-10-2014, 11:14 AM
if you wanted to pay to post a political thread I'm sure it would be allowed and vice versa if the political ad would not pay I doubt it would be allowed. Seems pretty simple. But I get what you're saying I don't want to go to a sports board and see a bunch pinkie commie left wing crap littering up the board. Save it for the greenpeace-muslim-peta-atheist chat rooms.

sandwolf
05-10-2014, 11:52 AM

I would imagine that an ad like that is trying to target all potential voters.....so I would think that visiting sites that are visited by a large number of MS residents (MS college sports sites, MS news sites, etc.) could make you show up on their radar. They just want that ad to land in front of people who will be casting a vote, regardless of whether or not they are interested in politics.