PDA

View Full Version : What are the keys to beating Wahl tomorrow?

CadaverDawg
05-11-2013, 10:08 PM
It looks like CT may be out sick, so we will probably have Robson AND Armstrong starting tomorrow unfortunately.

I would also expect to see Ammirati behind the plate for his left handed bat. Surely we'll have Porter DH'ing. I'm expecting this lineup tomorrow....

Frazier
Detz
Renfroe
Pirtle
Rea
Porter
Ammirati
Armstrong
Robson

I think we need to take a late inning approach against Wahl and quit swinging at so many pitches early in the count. Frazier has gotten ridiculous about swinging at every damn pitch he sees. I would also tell Robson that despite his good weekend against Bama, he is not a good hitter so quit getting so trigger happy and get back to working counts. Also, I would test Wahl out in the first few innings, and if he seems to be in a groove, start playing small ball like last year. Bunt and make him field off the mound, and try to create scoring opportunities. It will take timely hits tomorrow to win, so we have to use guys like Robson to get guys into scoring position for Frazier and Detz.

Whatever we gotta do to get a win tomorrow. Hell, I would even be for throwing the first pitch behind Tanner Mathis ala Graveman/Katz just to see if Wahl will be stupid and try to retaliate. I don't give a shit what we have to do tomorrow, just get the damn victory.

Will James
05-11-2013, 10:39 PM
I think we win or lose based on Lindgren. I'm expecting a 7 IP 1 ER pperformance before giving the ball to Holder.

Homedawg
05-11-2013, 10:59 PM
It looks like CT may be out sick, so we will probably have Robson AND Armstrong starting tomorrow unfortunately.

I would also expect to see Ammirati behind the plate for his left handed bat. Surely we'll have Porter DH'ing. I'm expecting this lineup tomorrow....

Frazier
Detz
Renfroe
Pirtle
Rea
Porter
Ammirati
Armstrong
Robson

I think we need to take a late inning approach against Wahl and quit swinging at so many pitches early in the count. Frazier has gotten ridiculous about swinging at every damn pitch he sees. I would also tell Robson that despite his good weekend against Bama, he is not a good hitter so quit getting so trigger happy and get back to working counts. Also, I would test Wahl out in the first few innings, and if he seems to be in a groove, start playing small ball like last year. Bunt and make him field off the mound, and try to create scoring opportunities. It will take timely hits tomorrow to win, so we have to use guys like Robson to get guys into scoring position for Frazier and Detz.

Whatever we gotta do to get a win tomorrow. Hell, I would even be for throwing the first pitch behind Tanner Mathis ala Graveman/Katz just to see if Wahl will be stupid and try to retaliate. I don't give a shit what we have to do tomorrow, just get the damn victory.
Here's a key- try having your strike throwers- aka Graveman, r Mitchell throwing damn strikes. That killed us today, both games. Here's another, keep Evan Mitchell in the dugout.