PDA

View Full Version : Nice article by Tony Barnhart

sandwolf
05-09-2014, 02:24 PM
Pretty good read.

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/NEWS/tabid/473/Article/250869/regions-bank-2014-sec-football-spring-preview-mississippi-state.aspx

War Machine Dawg
05-09-2014, 03:28 PM
Where's one of the damn wool pics when I need it? Going to need a serious shearing when I get ready to make preseason predictions. Fall can't get here fast enough.

starkvegasdawg
05-09-2014, 04:14 PM
I can't say often enough how glad I am Dak is a bulldog. He is everything you could want in a player, student, and as a person. It is so nice having a player on the team you know won't embarrass you stealing crab legs, yelling gay slurs, or beating people up at parties. Not only does he not do those things I think he holds the other players accountable too. I look forward to seeing him on the field this fall and having a season so good we wonder if we'll lose him to the draft as a junior.

War Machine Dawg
05-09-2014, 06:23 PM
I can't say often enough how glad I am Dak is a bulldog. He is everything you could want in a player, student, and as a person. It is so nice having a player on the team you know won't embarrass you stealing crab legs, yelling gay slurs, or beating people up at parties. Not only does he not do those things I think he holds the other players accountable too. I look forward to seeing him on the field this fall and having a season so good we wonder if we'll lose him to the draft as a junior.

I'd kill for that to happen. I don't think we can possibly imagine just how big that would be for our program. Not only would that mean a lot of Ws on the field this fall, it would mean tons of media exposure. It would show top QB recruits you can come here, be developed, and be an NFL Draft pick. And that in turn opens up a whole new pool of upper echelon recruits that we've been missing on.

GreenheadDawg
05-09-2014, 06:52 PM
I'd kill for that to happen. I don't think we can possibly imagine just how big that would be for our program. Not only would that mean a lot of Ws on the field this fall, it would mean tons of media exposure. It would show top QB recruits you can come here, be developed, and be an NFL Draft pick. And that in turn opens up a whole new pool of upper echelon recruits that we've been missing on.

If you really think about it, this season is the most important in recent memory. A 10 or 11 win season could get us to the next level in both recruiting and on the field

starkvegasdawg
05-09-2014, 07:04 PM
If you really think about it, this season is the most important in recent memory. A 10 or 11 win season could get us to the next level in both recruiting and on the field
If nothing else it would force the tsun bagmen to have to take out loans for recruiting.

War Machine Dawg
05-09-2014, 07:07 PM

In terms of pure anticipation, I'm tempted to say it might be our most important season ever. It's certainly Mullen's most important one. And the thought that it all might wind up hinging on the kicking game scares the shit out of me.

thunderclap
05-09-2014, 07:19 PM
In terms of pure anticipation, I'm tempted to say it might be our most important season ever. It's certainly Mullen's most important one. And the thought that it all might wind up hinging on the kicking game scares the shit out of me.

Amen.

GreenheadDawg
05-09-2014, 07:40 PM
I agree machine, I think the kicking game will determine if we beat LSU or Bama

Barking 13
05-10-2014, 08:12 AM

If you had a team full of Dakota Prescotts, (and we are a lot closer than anybody else), national championships would be a given...