PDA

View Full Version : Why do some of you fear playing at ULL?

CadaverDawg
05-09-2014, 01:46 PM
I keep seeing how it would be terrible to play on ULL's "short field".....but I just looked up the dimensions and their field is bigger than Dudy if the internet is accurate. Ours is 330, 375, 390, 375, 330.....theirs is listed at 330, 375, 400, 375, 330. Did they shorten their field recently or something?

I would love to be the 2 seed in that regional. Nothing would be sweeter than beating them and LSU to get to Omaha if we were going to make it.

Also, would it be out of the question for us to host ULL as a 2 seed? Their stadium only holds 3,000 or so, so it would make sense so we could get all of our fans in there. Just don't know if they(the NCAA) do this anymore.

Goat Holder
05-09-2014, 01:48 PM
Prevailing thought is that they play in a "matchbox" stadium as has been stated on here. I have no clue. I guess people think they will drop bombs on us. I think people also remember Samford raking on us in Tallahassee in 2012. I don't think it matters if we pitch like we did last weekend.

RAYn_Man
05-09-2014, 01:50 PM
I'm sure ULL would gladly let us host them so "we could accommodate all our fans". That is one of the most ridiculous posts I have read on here. Congrats.

MsStateBaseball
05-09-2014, 01:53 PM
I am not afraid of anyone.

CadaverDawg
05-09-2014, 01:54 PM
I'm sure ULL would gladly let us host them so "we could accommodate all our fans". That is one of the most ridiculous posts I have read on here. Congrats.

I didn't say would ULL let us host them, dipshit...I'm saying would the NCAA let us host them as a 2 seed. Jesus H. we have some morons on here.

smootness
05-09-2014, 01:55 PM

It's not up to the host. Obviously ULL wouldn't want it to be in Starkville. But 2 seeds have hosted before, it isn't that ridiculous.

CadaverDawg
05-09-2014, 01:57 PM
It's not up to the host. Obviously ULL wouldn't want it to be in Starkville. But 2 seeds have hosted before, it isn't that ridiculous.

Thank you. Gotta love it when people chime in that have no clue.

Anybody know the last time a 2 seed hosted?

Goat Holder
05-09-2014, 02:03 PM
I'd bet ULL would still host, but it would be at a nearby minor league park or something, or New Orleans. Similar to Purdue back in 2011 or whenever.

preachermatt83
05-09-2014, 02:03 PM
I didn't say would ULL let us host them, dipshit...I'm saying would the NCAA let us host them as a 2 seed. Jesus H. we have some morons on here.

I am not really sure why but I literally laughed until I cried when I read this hahahaha!

Drugdog
05-09-2014, 02:11 PM
It would be a home game for us with all the fans we would bring.

I seen it dawg
05-09-2014, 02:13 PM

Dude that's just straight up being a dick. Run off with that shit someplace else. Or grow up. Or both.

CadaverDawg
05-09-2014, 02:13 PM
It would be a home game for us with all the fans we would bring.

Yep, that's why I wish they'd play it at a bigger park if we're there

RAYn_Man
05-09-2014, 02:14 PM
It's hysterical to think ULL would allow Miss State, the school with the largest attendance record, to host THEIR regional. If their facilities are not adequate for a regional (which hasn't happened in over a decade), then they would probably find a site at least in their own state. Dipshit.

SouthMsDawg
05-09-2014, 02:15 PM
They have all 9 starters batting over .300 two of whom over .370.
They have a team average of .318
They have hit 53 Homeruns (12 players have 2 or more HRs)
Not to mention they have 114 doubles with 6 players who have 10 or more doubles.

Either they have a team of ELITE hitters or their park plays very, very small.

Their pitching is average with a 3.43 ERA Opponents are batting .240 but remember they play in the Sun Belt not the SEC.

CadaverDawg
05-09-2014, 02:16 PM
It's hysterical to think ULL would allow Miss State, the school with the largest attendance record, to host THEIR regional. If their facilities are not adequate for a regional (which hasn't happened in over a decade), then they would probably find a site at least in their own state. Dipshit.

Is this a joke? What part of "IT's NOT ULL'S CHOICE" do you not understand? You are clearly the moron here.

RAYn_Man
05-09-2014, 02:18 PM
You don't think they would have any say in the location? Moron.

War Machine Dawg
05-09-2014, 02:20 PM

Nope, the NCAA has all the say. Is it really that hard for you to understand?

I seen it dawg
05-09-2014, 02:21 PM
I am not really sure why but I literally laughed until I cried when I read this hahahaha!

Lol there is really no comeback for dipshit. One of the best words out there.

I seen it dawg
05-09-2014, 02:22 PM

Ok wingnut. Stop being a little turd.

engie
05-09-2014, 02:23 PM

How long have you been watching college baseball again?

It's been awhile since they've done it -- but the NCAA has sent one-seeds all over the country to other locations before...

Johnson85
05-09-2014, 02:25 PM

Regional sites used to be bid out. I don't think the NCAA does that anymore and I think the NCAA will let any team selected as a host actually be the host regardless of how inadequate their facilities are (I think LSU was sent to a regional in California with something ridiculous like an 2000 seat stadium). So no, it's not moronic to think that the NCAA would force the one seed play somewhere else. I think MSU has hosted regionals as a 2 seed. I just don't think it happens anymore.

CadaverDawg
05-09-2014, 02:27 PM

Haha, no they wouldn't. But please keep embarrassing yourself and proving that you should stick to basketball conversations.

MSUDawg4Life
05-09-2014, 02:46 PM
They have all 9 starters batting over .300 two of whom over .370.
They have a team average of .318
They have hit 53 Homeruns (12 players have 2 or more HRs)
Not to mention they have 114 doubles with 6 players who have 10 or more doubles.

Either they have a team of ELITE hitters or their park plays very, very small.

Their pitching is average with a 3.43 ERA Opponents are batting .240 but remember they play in the Sun Belt not the SEC.

Could the quality of opposing pitching be a factor?

curmudgeon
05-09-2014, 03:12 PM
Regionals aren't bid out like they used to be. We used to host regionals that we didn't even play in.

The last time a 2 seed hosted a 1 seed was 2003. There have been many small schools that have played regionals in nearby minor league parks. They had 300 seat parks, not 3000, or they didn't have lights (Coastal Carolina). There will be a regional in Lafayette, La. and I doubt we will be in it, but if we have to play at a national seed, I'd rather go to Lafayette or Rice than Florida State, Virginia or Oregon State.

Virginia usually draws a WTF regional. I'd bet that Liberty is their 2 seed, William and Mary is their 3 seed and someone like St. John's is their 4 seed. Will be very surprised if an SEC team ends up there, but West Virginia is a possibility at a 3.

Rayn man is the most moronic poster in the history of Elite Dawgs.

blacklistedbully
05-09-2014, 03:17 PM

Absolutely. In the Sunbelt, 9 of 10 teams have given up 20 or more HRs, and the one that didn't gave up 19.
In the SEC, only 3 of 14 have given up 20 or more.

In the Sunbelt, 6 of 10 teams have given up more than 25 HRs
In the SEC it's 2 of 14.

Average # of HRs allowed in the Sunbelt is 27.2.
Average # of HRs allowed in the SEC is 17.07.

In the Sunbelt none have given up fewer than 19 HRs.
In the SEC, half the league has given up 15 or less, and all but 2 have given up fewer than 19. 12 SEC teams have given up fewer HR's than the stingiest Sunbelt team.

In the Sunbelt, 8 of 10 teams have a staff ERA above 4.00.
In the SEC only 2 of 14 do.

Lest you think it's ULL that's the cause of those inflated #'s, consider that:
Half the Sunbelt has 30 or more HRs.
Only 3 of 14 do in the SEC.

curmudgeon
05-09-2014, 03:17 PM

Of course. The Sun Belt isn't the mid major that it used to be. Its rated the 10th best conference and ULL as a national seed is the only guaranteed bid. Its completely possible that someone else slips up and wins the conference tournament, but if ULL does, no one else will make the tourney.

Only three other teams have a winning record, and all three of those are just over .500

ULL doesn't scare me. I don't think they could win a regional that included LSU or Mississippi State. If they get A&M or Alabama as their SEC team, they could win.

blacklistedbully
05-09-2014, 03:33 PM
Of course. The Sun Belt isn't the mid major that it used to be. Its rated the 10th best conference and ULL as a national seed is the only guaranteed bid. Its completely possible that someone else slips up and wins the conference tournament, but if ULL does, no one else will make the tourney.

Only three other teams have a winning record, and all three of those are just over .500

ULL doesn't scare me. I don't think they could win a regional that included LSU or Mississippi State. If they get A&M or Alabama as their SEC team, they could win.

Actually, I believe they have 4 teams with winning records, ULL (43-7), Texas State (27-21), Arky State (27-21) & WKU (27-22). They have a 5th that is 1 game under and a 6th 3 games under.

preachermatt83
05-09-2014, 04:02 PM
Lol there is really no comeback for dipshit. One of the best words out there.

hahaha!! I guess that is what it was but it got me laughing something serious!

engie
05-09-2014, 04:05 PM
Actually, I believe they have 4 teams with winning records, ULL (43-7), Texas State (27-21), Arky State (27-21) & WKU (27-22). They have a 5th that is 1 game under and a 6th 3 games under.

That's basically what he said...

The interesting thing is -- in the BBCOR era -- Dudy Noble has a good bit higher park factor than ULL. Hard to believe that more runs are generally scored in our yard than down there with the offensive production and power that they've had this year.

Wonder if Zephyr field might be a possibility? Knowing the approach of ULL now -- they'll have it on campus -- and move mountains to expand the seating for that weekend though...

blacklistedbully
05-09-2014, 04:12 PM
That's basically what he said...

The interesting thing is -- in the BBCOR era -- Dudy Noble has a good bit higher park factor than ULL. Hard to believe that more runs are generally scored in our yard than down there with the offensive production and power that they've had this year.

Wonder if Zephyr field might be a possibility? Knowing the approach of ULL now -- they'll have it on campus -- and move mountains to expand the seating for that weekend though...

Dang, guess I pulled a "rayn_man". ;)