PDA

View Full Version : do you think clowney will make a pro bowl in his first three seasons??

RC3
05-09-2014, 08:15 AM
what if you could get 4-1 odds that he wouldn't during that time frame? would you take it?? I did...he can even miss out due to injury and i would still collect

slickdawg
05-09-2014, 08:20 AM
He will either be in the pro bowl, or we will be talking about what a bust he was, I don't see it being anywhere in between.

Political Hack
05-09-2014, 08:41 AM
yes, yes, & yes. He is the most physically gifted DL in recent memory. He scaled back last year because the media coverage and concerns about getting hurt. he was insured... so his concern probably wasn't about being hurt and missing out on a payday. His concern was that he'd get hurt and wouldn't be able to play NFL football. There's a big difference between someone looking for a payday, and someone protecting their ability to follow their passion.

I think he's going to make Andrew Luck cry.

smootness
05-09-2014, 08:43 AM
yes, yes, & yes. He is the most physically gifted DL in recent memory. He scaled back last year because the media coverage and concerns about getting hurt. he was insured... so his concern probably wasn't about being hurt and missing out on a payday. His concern was that he'd get hurt and wouldn't be able to play NFL football. There's a big difference between someone looking for a payday, and someone protecting their ability to follow their passion.

I think he's going to make Andrew Luck cry.

I agree with you to some degree, but I think it had more to do with the fact that he was triple- and quadruple-teamed at times rather than purely about effort.

RC3
05-09-2014, 08:48 AM
oh the man is a freak athlete. i acknowledge that and he certainly has the ability to do it. A couple of things though, that made me take the bet. the system in houston. dont they run a 3-4? doesnt seem to be the best fit for him. i also think there is at least a 10 percent chance he battles injuries, i'd give the same percentage to any player in the nfl. so, 4-1, seemed about right

RossDawg82
05-09-2014, 08:49 AM
I think if he doesn't make it in year 1 he is a lock in year 2. That is going to be the meanest D-ends in the NFL with him and Watt

Political Hack
05-09-2014, 09:01 AM
they've got to matchup 1-on-1 with him almost every play, even out of the 3-4. JJ being on the other side is going to help tremendously. plus, one of Clowney's better moves is his ability to attack the inside gap. having an OLB outside of him is just going to help that. He can play OLB, 3-tech DT, 3-4 DE, 4-3 DE, etc... the dude is a freak.

RC3
05-09-2014, 09:15 AM
they've got to matchup 1-on-1 with him almost every play, even out of the 3-4. JJ being on the other side is going to help tremendously. plus, one of Clowney's better moves is his ability to attack the inside gap. having an OLB outside of him is just going to help that. He can play OLB, 3-tech DT, 3-4 DE, 4-3 DE, etc... the dude is a freak.
couple that with the fact that their defense will be on the field quite a bit and he will certainly have the chance to put up pro bowl type numbers. 4-1 though.....

1bigdawg
05-09-2014, 09:23 AM
I had dinner with a NFL team doctor and an NFL exec last Saturday night. They were both absolutely convinced he would be a pro-bowler. The doctor had given him a physical and been there for his workout. He said there had not been an athlete of his caliber in his 20+ career with the team. He said he was a freak of nature compared to the rest of the NFL which is composed of freaks of nature. While he did not say it, I am confident his team was one of the ones trying to move up to take him, especially if he fell to number 2.

HereComesTheSpiral
05-09-2014, 09:25 AM
oh the man is a freak athlete. i acknowledge that and he certainly has the ability to do it. A couple of things though, that made me take the bet. the system in houston. dont they run a 3-4? doesnt seem to be the best fit for him. i also think there is at least a 10 percent chance he battles injuries, i'd give the same percentage to any player in the nfl. so, 4-1, seemed about right
Are they still running 3-4? I know they changed D-Coordinators so I dont kmow what the scheme will be.

bulldawg28
05-09-2014, 09:41 AM
Yes. Clowney is a grown man amongst men.

RC3
05-09-2014, 09:43 AM
Are they still running 3-4? I know they changed D-Coordinators so I dont kmow what the scheme will be.

thats my understanding but I admittedly do not follow the texans closely. I believe there were talks that they would consider changing schemes if they brought clowney in

Dawgface
05-09-2014, 09:45 AM
He will probably get turf toe and never be heard from again.

HereComesTheSpiral
05-09-2014, 09:47 AM

That would be the texans luck

RC3
05-09-2014, 09:56 AM

would suit me. $1,000.00 bucks in my pocket

Martianlander
05-09-2014, 10:04 AM
Somehow I think off-field will get Clowney. Hope I am wrong.

tcdog70
05-09-2014, 10:17 AM

Houston the perfect team for HIM. Watts will help put Him in the Pro Bowl. No double teams with JJ on the other side.

RC3
05-09-2014, 10:27 AM
Houston the perfect team for HIM. Watts will help put Him in the Pro Bowl. No double teams with JJ on the other side.

obviously watts is pro bowl bound as long as he stays healthy. should free clowney up to work. so i guess its possible that both end up going....4-1 odds though lol

smootness
05-09-2014, 10:34 AM

They'll soon realize they have to double-team Clowney, which is going to be incredibly good for Watt. Either way, teams aren't going to know how to block that.

hacker
05-09-2014, 10:40 AM
Teams are going to have to use like 4 tight ends when playing against the texans. There's no way he's healthy and doesn't make a pro bowl in his first 3 seasons.