PDA

View Full Version : 2013 MSU baseball = 2012 MSU football

ghostofjackie
05-11-2013, 08:44 PM
Beat the bad teams (like we are supposed to) but piss and shit the bed against good teams. If this series costs us hosting a regional our fan base is going to be some kind of pissed.

38843dawg
05-11-2013, 08:47 PM
Better go ahead and accept it, because this series sweep is going to seal our fate.

Goat Holder
05-11-2013, 08:53 PM
You're absolutely correct. We haven't beaten a good team all year. Guess you could argue Florida. We just aren't there yet. Looks to be a recurring theme.

Ronny
05-11-2013, 09:23 PM
...what the 2012 MSU football team pulled was one of the biggest cluster****s in the annuals of Miss. State sports.

Unless this baseball team loses to UM tomorrow, loses to Oral Roberts, gets swept by USCe, goes 2-and-out in the SECT then goes 2-and-out in their regional, then you can compare them to the 2012 football team.

Otherwise, you are providing one of the best apples to oranges acts I've ever seen on a messageboard.

ghostofjackie
05-12-2013, 01:40 AM
Ever huh?

Dawgface
05-12-2013, 06:50 AM
Maybe not quite as bad, but similar scenario. Only difference is all our easy games were early in football, but spread out in baseball. And we got beat worse in our football losses.

CadaverDawg
05-12-2013, 11:10 AM
We had a bad day....**** it. Win today and everyone will be back on board. We have to quit living and dying by the day or weekend as a fan base. We took 2 of 3 from Auburn, so we all think we're going to win the series at Vandy. We even had people predicting a sweep at Vandy. We get swept at Vandy and it's "ho-hum, we will be lucky to win the series against Bama". We sweep Bama and it's,"we will win 2 of 3 or sweep at Ole Miss". We lose the series. Now it's "we're reliving football 2012".

Do you not see a trend here? We go to the extreme week in and week out based on that weekends performance. It's kind of silly.

Bully13
05-12-2013, 12:47 PM
but they all add up; we're not able to beat the good teams; eerily reminicant of the football season. and football has a legit excuse based on history but baseball does not. based on coaching and recruiting stats, we should be contending for a national seed but we're not going to get one. not only that, I don't see us making a deep run in the 1st round; hope I'm wrong but that's where I'd place my money if I were betting.

Todd4State
05-12-2013, 02:32 PM
but they all add up; we're not able to beat the good teams; eerily reminicant of the football season. and football has a legit excuse based on history but baseball does not. based on coaching and recruiting stats, we should be contending for a national seed but we're not going to get one. not only that, I don't see us making a deep run in the 1st round; hope I'm wrong but that's where I'd place my money if I were betting.

Um.....being 10th in RPI isn't contending for a National Seed?

This is typical MSU mentality- the teams WE beat aren't good somehow. Some people are talking about us going to South Alabama for a regional- a good team we beat on the road. We beat this same Ole Miss team in Pearl, we swept RPI # 41 Alabama, won a series over Florida, and RPI #35 Auburn, and beat #34 Austin Peay- all likely regional teams. Newsflash- our RPI doesn't get as high as it does if we don't beat anyone good.

I'm sure you are venting, so I don't want to rip you too bad.

But let's talk about reality and identity of this team, and I'll sum it up for everyone:

1. Our starting pitching is below average.

2. We suck on the road.

msstate7
05-12-2013, 02:46 PM

This is typical MSU mentality- the teams WE beat aren't good somehow. Some people are talking about us going to South Alabama for a regional- a good team we beat on the road. We beat this same Ole Miss team in Pearl, we swept RPI # 41 Alabama, won a series over Florida, and RPI #35 Auburn, and beat #34 Austin Peay- all likely regional teams. Newsflash- our RPI doesn't get as high as it does if we don't beat anyone good.

But let's talk about reality and identity of this team, and I'll sum it up for everyone:

2. We suck on the road.

Well our postseason will be short bc starting pitching is a must and we will be on the road. Bring on football...

PendingTransaction
05-12-2013, 07:51 PM
They took Our State.

mic
05-12-2013, 08:12 PM
[QUOTE=Msstate7;12058]Well our postseason will be short bc starting pitching is a must and we will be on the road. Bring on football...[/QUO

mic
05-12-2013, 08:14 PM

2. We suck on the road.

I agree Todd .. Like I have said we may have the worse fan base in the SEC...

msstate7
05-12-2013, 08:20 PM
I agree Todd .. Like I have said he may have the worse fan base in the SEC...

http://www.collegebaseballdaily.com/2013/03/25/2013-ncaa-attendance-leaders-march-25th/?cb=06211925682146102

I disagree.

Ronny
05-12-2013, 09:21 PM
Well our postseason will be short bc starting pitching is a must and we will be on the road. Bring on football...

Our tournament will be @ a neutral site. If we host, we'll have a whole regional @ home.

If we win our home regional, & our national seed match-up wins their regional, that will be the only away games we'll play in post season.

The CWS is @ a neutral site.

Amazing all you baseball experts don't know the difference between away games & neutral site games.

msstate7
05-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Our tournament will be @ a neutral site. If we host, we'll have a whole regional @ home.

If we win our home regional, & our national seed match-up wins their regional, that will be the only away games we'll play in post season.

Amazing all you baseball experts don't know the difference between away games & neutral site games.

At the time we were down 6-0. I didnt think we would be hosting and I'm still not sure. If we don't host, we will be on the road

msstate7
05-12-2013, 09:28 PM

How are you so sure we're gonna host?

Ronny
05-12-2013, 09:36 PM
..I'm just fighting the hysterial claim our entire post season will be played on the road.

The SECT is @ a neutral site. So we will not even begin post season play on the road.

And if we host, which I think we will, we will not even play a single road game if we win our regional & our national seed match-up loses their regional (the winner of that regional will come to Starkville to play in OUR super regional).

Then we head to Omaha, which is another neutral site.

Hell, we might get through the entire post season without having play a single road game.

msstate7
05-12-2013, 09:39 PM
..I'm just fighting the hysterial claim our entire post season will be played on the road.

The SECT is @ a neutral site. So we will not even begin post season play on the road.

And if we host, which I think we will, we will not even play a single road game if we win our regional & our national seed match-up loses their regional (the winner of that regional will come to Starkville to play in OUR super regional).

Then we head to Omaha, which is another neutral site.

Hell, we might get through the entire post season without having play a single road game.
Well I hope you're right. We've got to take care of business this week first though. To do that our starting pitching must step up.

ghostofjackie
05-12-2013, 10:21 PM

^^^This^^^

My original post was obviously talking about the big picture. We clearly have not won any series against good teams. You can argue that Alabama, Florida and Auburn are (good) teams compared to the rest of the country, but they are not good teams compared to us. We didn't beat any good teams in football either and that's my half ass comparison.

The series I would have liked to win (and were clearly the better team) were Kentucky, Arkansas, Ole Miss and Central Florida. The series that we almost won and were not the better team.... LSU. We still don't have a signature series win and that sucks. Next week would be a signature series win and I think we end up pulling it off and hosting. I think our guys are going to play well at home next weekend.

maroonmania
05-13-2013, 11:23 AM
so we all think we're going to win the series at Vandy. We even had people predicting a sweep at Vandy. We get swept at Vandy and it's "ho-hum, we will be lucky to win the series against Bama".

I understand you are making a point about the extremes MSU fans can go to BUT anyone who ACTUALLY went into the Vandy series in Nashville thinking we would win it is a total sunshine pumping polyanna MSU fan and anyone thinking we would sweep Vandy in Nashville should seriously have their mental faculties questioned. Vandy is the class of the conference this year and I believe, going back to last year, have won something like 17 straight SEC series which is quite a feat to say the least.