PDA

View Full Version : Vandy/UF

State82
05-08-2014, 09:22 PM
I'm a little torn as to who I would like to see win this series. Vandy is tied with us but we hold the tie-breaker. Pretty sure UF now has the inside track to the overall title so I guess it would be advantageous for us to have UF go ahead and put Vandy out of the way. Would really like to see us make the top 4 and get a bye at Hoover. For whatever difference that really makes.

msstate7
05-08-2014, 09:39 PM
Does a vandy win help our rpi?

DawgSaint
05-08-2014, 10:16 PM
I think have to pull for Florida for several reasons. Mainly because would help get into Top 4.

M.Fillmore
05-08-2014, 10:32 PM
Gators 1
Vandy 0 Final

Gators small ball a run in the first inning and it held up.

State82
05-08-2014, 10:36 PM
Does a vandy win help our rpi?

A little bit I'm sure but don't know if it would be discernible from our standpoint

shoeless joe
05-09-2014, 07:11 AM
Gators 1
Vandy 0 Final

Which is why when throwin an ace against an ace playing small ball is a good play. 1 run may win it.

C222
05-09-2014, 07:44 AM
Gators 1
Vandy 0 Final

I bet Will James is pissed about this.

bulldogcountry1
05-09-2014, 07:45 AM
Since we play Vandy but not Florida, our RPI dropped 0.0005

blacklistedbully
05-09-2014, 10:08 AM
If UF loses the rest of their SEC games (2 versus Vandy + 3 @ UT), we could pass them in the SEC standings with sweeps of UT & Bama. Snowballs chance, but mathematically possible.

If we wound up tied with UF and tie or pass Ole Miss, we'd be co-champs of the SEC, but LSU's sweep of us would likely be the tie-breaker in their favor for SECT seeding purposes. So...

If we tie UF and pass TSUN, we'd be the #2 seed in the SECT.
If we tie UF & TSUN, UF would be #1 seed, TSUN would be #2 seed & we'd be the #3 seed.
If we pass UF, but tie TSUN, TSUN would be #1 seed, UF would be #2 seed and we'd be #3. (Division winner get's the nod over better record from other division)

This is assuming LSU finishes no worse than 3rd in the West. It also assumes we lose no more than 1 more game.

Now if LSU falls behind Bama, TAMU or Arky, things could get really interesting.

I believe we want to pull for the following if we want to hope for an SEC champ and #1 seed:

UF losing at least 4 of the remaining 5. If they win one, we'd have to win out. If they lose all 5, we could still win with 1 loss, but would need help. (We want Vandy to win the next 2, then split with SCar)
MSU losing no more than 1. If we lose 1, we'd need LSU to also lose 1.
TSUN losing at least 2 if we win out, 3 if we lose 1. They own the tie-breaker over us.

curmudgeon
05-09-2014, 10:34 AM
Best realistic case scenario for us this weekend:

A sweep of Tennessee
Concede the SEC to Florida. They need to win the series with Vandy.
Alabama takes 2 of 3 from LSU
Georgia takes one from Ole Miss. Georgia winning the series would be awesome, but I'm being realistic.

If that happens, we will be tied with Ole Miss going into the last weekend, but more importantly 2.5 games ahead of LSU, 3 games ahead of Alabama and 2 games ahead of Vandy. We would need one win vs. Bama to clinch the #3 seed and would have to be swept and have an LSU sweep to not get a bye. In fact, the UGA-Ole Miss series has no bearing on that part. Go Gatas, Roll Tide and Hail State.

blacklistedbully
05-09-2014, 10:54 AM
Looking at it again, I think we want Vandy to win out, UF to lose the rest so Vandy can tie for first in the East owning a tie-breaker over UF for seeding. That way, even if we lose 1 more, we'd own the tie-breaker over Vandy for seeding purposes if we finished 1st in the West. But we'd need to finish a game ahead of TSUN. If we tie with TSUN, we are at best a 3-seed due to division winners getting the top 2 seeds regardless of record.

As of now, pull against TSUN, LSU, & UF. Not too hard to do. But if UF wins another, start pulling against Vandy instead.