PDA

View Full Version : Google Fiber and NRTC sign on with SEC Network...

engie
05-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Not sure how many households that adds? Probably over an additional million $$ per school though, I'd guess. I know Fiber was started in Kansas City and is being built in Provo, UT and Austin, Tx -- so the vast majority of their subscriber base will be inside the footprint...

Anyone with any more info -- feel free to share...

jumbo
05-08-2014, 01:05 PM
Nashville is on the list of next cities to get Google Fiber, but that's probably a year or two away at best. I really hope it happens. I'll switch immediately.

Buddy
05-08-2014, 01:39 PM
CSpire is offering Fiber to select cities in MS. They are offering a package that includes home phone, internet and TV and the package price is lower than what I'm currently paying for those services. Their TV package includes the SEC Network.

engie
05-08-2014, 01:55 PM
CSpire is offering Fiber to select cities in MS. They are offering a package that includes home phone, internet and TV and the package price is lower than what I'm currently paying for those services. Their TV package includes the SEC Network.

Have they been confirmed as a carrier? Of course, I would definitely expect them to carry it -- I'm guessing the fine print just isn't quite finished.

I went for a Saturday run SBW in Starkville and the number of houses that have signed up for CSpire Fiber(with signs in their yard advertising) was pretty amazing really...

hacker
05-08-2014, 02:02 PM
CSpire is doing a really good thing with their fiber rollout. They are taking the initiative and investing in next-gen infrastructure in a world where many internet providers would rather provide an outdated, subpar service to customers and extort money out of content providers. Good for CSpire.

War Machine Dawg
05-08-2014, 02:05 PM
I'm just wondering when the hell CSpire is going to cut on 4G in Desoto County & Memphis. It's ridiculous they've got it in Bum****, MS and not in the larger population areas. I'm to the point of being ready to switch cell providers when my contract is up.

Buddy
05-08-2014, 02:12 PM
Have they been confirmed as a carrier? Of course, I would definitely expect them to carry it -- I'm guessing the fine print just isn't quite finished.

I went for a Saturday run SBW in Starkville and the number of houses that have signed up for CSpire Fiber(with signs in their yard advertising) was pretty amazing really...

It's in their standard package listing:

http://www.cspire.com/fiberhome/fiber_standard_channels.html

sleepy dawg
05-08-2014, 02:38 PM
CSpire is doing a really good thing with their fiber rollout. They are taking the initiative and investing in next-gen infrastructure in a world where many internet providers would rather provide an outdated, subpar service to customers and extort money out of content providers. Good for CSpire.

Yep, I will be switching to C Spire Fiber the day it is available in my area.