PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Game Regional Projections May 8th Edition

DawgSaint
05-08-2014, 10:22 AM
FYI below

http://perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=9847

curmudgeon
05-08-2014, 10:38 AM
Duke is an interesting story. They are getting the PR out about not making the NCAA Tournament in 50+ years.

In reality, they have an RPI of 70. To me, they have some work to do. Miami in Durham this weekend. Take 2 of 3 from them and I think they move in the discussion, but they close the season at Florida State.

9-13 against the Top 100 isn't going to get a #70 RPI in.

Dallas Baptist is probably going to end up winning the MVC, but I don't take issue with PG having them out. On Liberty hosting over Vanderbilt? There's no rule against a #2 seed hosting but it hasn't happened in a while, and I doubt it would be a team like Liberty.

smootness
05-08-2014, 10:47 AM
On Liberty hosting over Vanderbilt? There's no rule against a #2 seed hosting but it hasn't happened in a while, and I doubt it would be a team like Liberty.

Yeah, that's interesting. Perhaps it's the NCAA's way of telling Vanderbilt their field is an abomination?

But some northern teams have the same thing, don't they?

MarketingBully01
05-08-2014, 10:49 AM
FYI below

About right analysis but a shitty regional for us. Miami is a hot team rigt now. We need to go 4-2 here on out and make the semifinals in the SEC tournament to get us a better 2 position. I'd like to see us make a regional with a team with a bigger park so we can play to our strengths. A small ball park IMO would hurt us. Not sure about the dimensions of Miami's stadium.

MarketingBully01
05-08-2014, 10:51 AM
Duke is an interesting story. They are getting the PR out about not making the NCAA Tournament in 50+ years.

In reality, they have an RPI of 70. To me, they have some work to do. Miami in Durham this weekend. Take 2 of 3 from them and I think they move in the discussion, but they close the season at Florida State.

9-13 against the Top 100 isn't going to get a #70 RPI in.

Dallas Baptist is probably going to end up winning the MVC, but I don't take issue with PG having them out. On Liberty hosting over Vanderbilt? There's no rule against a #2 seed hosting but it hasn't happened in a while, and I doubt it would be a team like Liberty.

Didn't Ohio State host over us even though we were the 1 and they were the 2? It hasn't happened in a while but it does happen.

PMDawg
05-08-2014, 11:13 AM
FYI below

Wow, if Ole Miss actually got that draw, that would be about the easiest path to Omaha that you could ever draw up.

Jack Lambert
05-08-2014, 11:47 AM
Wow, if Ole Miss actually got that draw, that would be about the easiest path to Omaha that you could ever draw up.

Two more weekends we will know. Looking at thier mid week games I don't know if they have the pitching staff to go far in the tourney.

MarketingBully01
05-08-2014, 11:57 AM

Ask Vanderbilt how easy Louisville is to draw as the super regional foe and I'll hang up and listen...