PDA

View Full Version : Since no one reputable is doing regional predictions anymore

curmudgeon
05-08-2014, 10:09 AM
I will post the results of my little geeky spreadsheet. Italics mean that they have a chance to move into the next pod/seed line, with the exception of the lower half of the 3 seed line - those teams are the last teams in.

National Seeds
1. Florida
2. Virginia
3. Oregon State
4. Florida State

5. Indiana
6. Louisiana-Lafayette
7. Louisville
8. Rice

Other Hosts/Regional 1 seeds
Ole Miss
TCU
Miami
Cal Poly

Oklahoma State
Washington
LSU
Vanderbilt

#2 seed line
Houston
South Carolina
Texas
Texas Tech

Indiana State
Mercer
Oregon
UC Irvine

Alabama
Clemson
Mississippi State
Bryant

Maryland
Liberty
Old Dominion
Texas A&M

#3 seed line
Kentucky
Stanford
West Virginia
Georgia Tech

UNLV
Dallas Baptist
Pepperdine
Kansas

Tennessee
Central Florida
Columbia
Nebraska

Western Carolina
North Carolina
Sam Houston State
Florida International

#4 seed line
St. John's
Ball State
William and Mary
New Mexico

Delaware State
Western Illinois
Alabama State
Army

Stony Brook
Sacramento State
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi
Wright State

Southeast Missouri State
Canisius
Evansville
St. Joseph's

Last Five In: North Carolina, Sam Houston State, Florida International, Tennessee, Nebraska
First Five Out: Arizona State, San Diego State, UC Santa Barbara, Arkansas, Duke

Safe Low Conference Teams (teams that the last five in are rooting to win their conference tournament): Mercer, Western Carolina, Liberty, Bryant, St. John's, Old Dominion.

Goat Holder
05-08-2014, 03:56 PM
I think you actually did a pretty good job.

Todd4State
05-08-2014, 07:28 PM
Wait a minute- there was a place that accurately predicted the regionals at one point in time?

You're every bit as good or better than the guys that being paid to make the predictions.

Political Hack
05-08-2014, 07:55 PM
I could easily see being #2 at ULaLa.

State82
05-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Really nice job there. Good info.

Coach34
05-08-2014, 09:36 PM
I could easily see being #2 at ULaLa.

that would be a death sentence in that little stadium

MsStateBaseball
05-09-2014, 06:24 AM
That is a good job. We will be 2 seed for sure somewhere.

Coach34
05-09-2014, 07:31 AM
I'll be curious to see how much change occurs after this weekend

curmudgeon
05-09-2014, 08:29 AM
I know this is "going out on a limb" but I think there are three distinct possibilities of where we end up as a #2 seed.

TCU or Oklahoma State
We may be sent to the Big 12 champion's site as a #2 seed. If Ole Miss ends up a national seed, which very well could happen, I think we end up at the Big 12 champion matched up with the Ole Miss regional in the Super Regional round. Get to know Dallas Baptist and Sam Houston State - bubble teams that will be on the 3 seed line.

Miami
They could send us to a weaker regional like Miami, who is very hot right now, but not unbeatable. If we end up here, we'd probably be matched up with the Florida regional in the Super Regional round. That's going through the #1 or #2 seed to get to Omaha. Get to know Florida International or Central Florida. FIU is a conference champion and UCF is an at-large team.

Louisiana-Lafayette
I think Alabama ends up here, but there's a chance we could end up at a national seeded Louisiana-Lafayette. That regional will be matched up with LSU. But watch out, LSU's hosting credentials aren't quite in the solid category. If they slip into the #2 seed line, they are a perfect candidate for the #2 spot in Lafayette. Get to know one of the Big 12 middle of the pack teams, West Virginia or Kansas. Historically, if a non-power team hosts a regional, the #2 and #3 seeds are from major conferences.

I seen it dawg
05-09-2014, 11:57 AM
Curmudge that's top notch info

CadaverDawg
05-09-2014, 01:36 PM
Love threads like this. Good stuff, curmudgeon