PDA

View Full Version : U-Verse Documentary on the Diamond Dawgs

DawgSaint
05-07-2014, 04:58 PM
Here is a link to the video

http://uverseonline.att.net/tv/show/mississippi-state-baseball

curmudgeon
05-07-2014, 09:41 PM
Not sure we could have produced a better recruiting piece.

M.Fillmore
05-07-2014, 10:33 PM
Truly outstanding!

Todd4State
05-07-2014, 11:24 PM
There's so much about our baseball program that is going on that I like right now.

Really neat to see how hard these guys work behind the scenes that fans don't get to see everyday.

bulldogcountry1
05-08-2014, 07:35 AM
Top drawer.

QuadrupleOption
05-08-2014, 09:37 AM
Very well done. Good find.

Goat Holder
05-08-2014, 09:43 AM
None of this will matter if Ole Miss makes a run in Omaha.

Just kidding. Or am I?

messageboardsuperhero
05-08-2014, 10:52 AM
This regular season hasn't lived up to expectations yet, but our program is still in a very good place. The future is bright.

messageboardsuperhero
05-08-2014, 10:57 AM
None of this will matter if Ole Miss makes a run in Omaha.

Just kidding. Or am I?

I hope you're being sarcastic...

UM will eventually make it Omaha- maybe or maybe not this year, but it will happen eventually. People need to get over that and accept it as reality. Anyone who seriously thought they were just going to lay down after last year was just delusional. UM will be solid as long as Bianco (and more importantly, Godwin) are there, but that doesn't change how I feel about what John Cohen and co. are doing here at all. I'm much more focused on us.

engie
05-08-2014, 11:25 AM
I hope you're being sarcastic...

UM will eventually make it Omaha- maybe or maybe not this year, but it will happen eventually. People need to get over that and accept it as reality. Anyone who seriously thought they were just going to lay down after last year was just delusional. UM will be solid as long as Bianco (and more importantly, Godwin) are there, but that doesn't change how I feel about what John Cohen and co. are doing here at all. I'm much more focused on us.

I think them making a run would actually be good for the rivalry. Certainly it would be for the national perception of the rivalry. Their postseason floundering is what keeps it a notch below SC/Clemson and a handful of others IMO...

Goat Holder
05-08-2014, 03:52 PM
I could give 2 shits about our rivalry with them. I'd much rather they and USM be insignificant, therefore easy victories for us, in the games and on the recruiting trail. I'd rather have rivalries with LSU and South Carolina. We make fun of them because they try to act like they are above us in football, but it's the correct way to focus, as long as you live up to your end of the bargain.

Whatever you guys have to tell yourselves.

messageboardsuperhero
05-08-2014, 05:10 PM
I could give 2 shits about our rivalry with them. I'd much rather they and USM be insignificant, therefore easy victories for us, in the games and on the recruiting trail. I'd rather have rivalries with LSU and South Carolina. We make fun of them because they try to act like they are above us in football, but it's the correct way to focus, as long as you live up to your end of the bargain.

Whatever you guys have to tell yourselves.

I'd love for them to be irrelevant in baseball- obviously that would make it easier on us. I just also realize that they are a solid program who isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

But I'm also not going to sit here say that our program getting a lot of attention after a championship series appearance last year will all be for nothing if UM makes it to Omaha this year. That's just stupid.

BulldogBear
05-09-2014, 10:08 AM
I was able to dig this up on my UVERSE in the on-demand section. It was great and made me feel wooly for baseball even though we've crapped up a lot of the season since then. Excellent piece. I hope potential recruits see this.

Goat Holder
05-09-2014, 11:03 AM
Season has not been crapped up since then. Season was crapped up when we dropped those 2 games to Holy Cross. Everything else has been understandable, even the Jacksonville State game. Sometimes you lose games, but giving them away to low RPI teams sucks.

preachermatt83
05-09-2014, 01:59 PM
just an somewhat off topic FYI, I don't want OM to be good in anything, ever. It would be great for me if they never won a game in any sport ever again. I wish the program would cease to exist. #healthyhate