PDA

View Full Version : No post on the Jarvis Wilson commit?

Leroy Jenkins
05-07-2014, 04:10 PM
Its been several hours now. I don't know anything about the young man. Last week some were saying Linton was gone, is he a Linton replacement? Or are we taking multiple safeties?

Todd4State
05-07-2014, 04:45 PM
There was a thread on here yesterday. I've seen him play- he's a great player.

He's not Linton's "replacement". Our staff is not going to give up as easy as some of our fans or recruiting reporters. We're going to take the best players that we can.

I'm not even sure if Wilson is a safety to be honest with you- I could see him playing CB.

Leroy Jenkins
05-07-2014, 04:58 PM
Good. As far as I know Linton is still in the boat. This is the only place Ive heard otherwise. I think this is going to be a good recruiting year for Coach Hughes and Townsend.

Westdawg
05-07-2014, 09:15 PM
My thought is that our staff realize we may have some guys in the secondary that will leave early for the draft after their junior years....and yes, I am being very serious. There is legit top-end talent in our secondary, albeit young. This is also the case I. The LB core and even the DL

Westdawg
05-07-2014, 09:33 PM
In that line of thinking, we need to sign around 4-5 guys that are secondary.... of which 2 legit CBs, 1 legit safety and one hybrid S/C, and one hybrid S/LB. we can find quality players both of those hybrid types in MS most years. It is that legit safety guy that we have to be sure of.