PDA

View Full Version : Alligator Hunting?

Political Hack
05-07-2014, 09:29 AM
anyone ever been? I think it would be a blast, but it looks pretty hard core dealing with a prehistoric 1,000 lb beast. I've caught some big fish out front, but I can't imagine fighting a gator on the other end of the line.

Any recommendations on charters? not that I'll be going anytime soon, but it would be cool to so at some point.

BeastMan
05-07-2014, 11:34 AM
I would love to go. I know in ms you have to get a permit. They used to do it by lottery. Can't imagine getting a gator that's about the size of the boat you're in

Natedogg33
05-07-2014, 05:01 PM
It's fun until you have to clean one. We started doing it a few years ago when they opened the private land hunt. Still have to buy the permit. On the private land permit, they base the tags you get by the acres of water on your land. Never have gotten a big one, but me and a bunch of buddies have some stories and memories. Most of which can't be told.

DawgSaint
05-07-2014, 09:18 PM
It's fun until you have to clean one. We started doing it a few years ago when they opened the private land hunt. Still have to buy the permit. On the private land permit, they base the tags you get by the acres of water on your land. Never have gotten a big one, but me and a bunch of buddies have some stories and memories. Most of which can't be told.

Cleaning a gator...I wouldn't know where to start!