PDA

View Full Version : Mitch Moreland Pitching

Dallas_Dawg
05-07-2014, 07:52 AM
Just heard on the radio that Mitch pitched a perfect 8th inning last night in the Rangers blowout loss to the Rockies. They mentioned that he was the closer while he was at Mississippi State, but obviously not in a save opportunity last night.
Pretty cool to see one of our own show off his versatility. I remember him hitting a HR and then coming in to close out Clemson in the 07 Super Regional.

Dallas_Dawg
05-07-2014, 07:55 AM
Another update just said he hit 94 on the gun last night. Sure would be nice to have him in our lineup and bullpen this year...

Majors42
05-07-2014, 08:02 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/rangers-mitch-moreland-debuts-as-pitcher-in-lopsided-loss?ymd=20140507&content_id=74619336&vkey=news_mlb

I was just reading about this. Pretty cool. Dude is a natural baseball player

Saltydog
05-07-2014, 08:44 AM
Texas decided to finally pay him. He's doing well. So well in fact that he married a former Miss Alabama finalists.

DawgSaint
05-07-2014, 09:17 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see him more often in this role. He looked good last night. I don't care what the score was.

Goat Holder
05-07-2014, 10:25 AM
Retired Corey Dickerson.....that's a blast from the past. Cohen signed that guy, but he ultimately signed with the Rockies. Talk about a guy who could have made a big difference for us, he would have played during 2011 and (possibly) 2012.

Dawg61
05-07-2014, 12:14 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see him more often in this role. He looked good last night. I don't care what the score was.

It's the big leagues. Moreland isn't paid to pitch. I do agree he impressed especially with his velocity but I'm sure the Rangers hope they never have to see Moreland pitching again this year. Down the line in a few years he may be able to extend his career longer by switching to a RP. MM's stock just increased for 15 NL teams.

messageboardsuperhero
05-07-2014, 12:41 PM
Retired Corey Dickerson.....that's a blast from the past. Cohen signed that guy, but he ultimately signed with the Rockies. Talk about a guy who could have made a big difference for us, he would have played during 2011 and (possibly) 2012.

Dickerson would've been an All-SEC player for us in 2011. Had he shown up, that Gainesville regional may have ended up a little differently...

It's still crazy to think about that 2011 team coming just a couple of innings away from putting out one of the more talent college baseball teams ever on their home field. That was a real gritty team we had in 2011- even if they weren't overly talented.