PDA

View Full Version : College Baseball Daily's Regional Report (May 6th)

DawgSaint
05-06-2014, 04:56 PM
Below is the link to College Baseball Daily's Regional projections. I know it's all just a guessing game, but some pretty intresting stuff in this week's update.

http://www.collegebaseballdaily.com/2014/05/06/2014-ncaa-regional-projections-may-6th/#comments

dickiedawg
05-06-2014, 04:59 PM
They have 6 SEC hosts- including Kentucky, who is 10-14 in conference play.

Hard to put any stock in this.

Todd4State
05-06-2014, 04:59 PM
Even though he has us as a three seed, I would take that draw.

msstate7
05-06-2014, 05:00 PM
What? Kentucky hosting? We're a 2-seed right now

DawgSaint
05-06-2014, 05:02 PM
Even though he has us as a three seed, I would take that draw.

I was thinking same thing. However, I also know this one seems way off in a lot of areas. Just linked because thought it might lead to a good debate. I hate the bears, but thought they would be a national seed this week. I'm sure Perfect Game's projections will be out tomorrow. They, in my mind, seem to have a better take on it.

Todd4State
05-06-2014, 05:31 PM
I was thinking same thing. However, I also know this one seems way off in a lot of areas. Just linked because thought it might lead to a good debate. I hate the bears, but thought they would be a national seed this week. I'm sure Perfect Game's projections will be out tomorrow. They, in my mind, seem to have a better take on it.

Probably so- but honestly, I don't know of one publication that I can say is more reliable than the other. They're all going to be off.

You never know what the committee is going to do from year to year. We also have two weeks + tournaments and a LOT can change in that period of time.

The only things we can be assured of is:

1. There will be a Northern regional- which this year will likely be Indiana.

2. There will be a mid-major regional which will have four mid majors in it- which this year will likely be Louisiana-Lafayette. That regional will probably be matched with LSU who will get a laughably easy draw so that they can have the easiest path to Omaha possible.

I think we will probably end up a two seed. I think we punched our ticket this past weekend. I can't see them leaving us out even if we lose out and then go 0-1 in the SEC Tournament. We have to try to win out and pray and hope some other things happen that help us out over the next two weeks.

Goat Holder
05-06-2014, 05:32 PM
An Indiana/Ole Miss super regional would have scores that resemble football.

AROB44
05-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Of course we all know that FSU will choke again at some point.

Todd4State
05-06-2014, 05:51 PM
An Indiana/Ole Miss super regional would have scores that resemble football.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we end up in Indiana. One thing the committee does is make sure that there is no way that the same 8 teams from last years CWS will be the same.

HailState39110
05-06-2014, 05:59 PM
I wouldn't mind going to Texas to the Rice or Houston regional. One of those destinations is our best chance to make a Super.

Goat Holder
05-06-2014, 06:03 PM
They'd murder us too. Those guys mashed against us last year, but they couldn't get it out of TD Ameritrade.

Man, SO much of our postseason success will depend on where we get sent. If we can get to Omaha, I'd like our chances to win the thing honestly.

Todd4State
05-06-2014, 06:09 PM
Your draw definitely is a factor in how far your team can go. Or at least it certainly is a factor in the odds of your team making it.

starkvegasdawg
05-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Of course we all know that FSU will choke again at some point.

Probably on fresh crab legs.

DawgSaint
05-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Probably on fresh crab legs.

Nice!!!

Political Hack
05-06-2014, 07:03 PM
I think y'all may underestimate the showing last year at the CWS. I feel confident college baseball would like to see the maroon flood head to Omaha again.

DownwardDawg
05-06-2014, 07:20 PM
I think y'all may underestimate the showing last year at the CWS. I feel confident college baseball would like to see the maroon flood head to Omaha again.

We spent all of our money last year****

sbcmortgageman
05-06-2014, 07:31 PM
As soon as I saw UK as a host I knew this guy was not too good at his job. However, I'll take that bracket he gave us all day.

CadaverDawg
05-06-2014, 07:42 PM

Zzzzzing!

+1

Todd4State
05-06-2014, 09:07 PM

That was a good one.

dickiedawg
05-07-2014, 07:03 AM
I know you're kidding, but there's some truth there. I think a lot of people that went all week last year (which is a damn expensive trip) would wait to go if we were still playing the second weekend.

smootness
05-07-2014, 08:22 AM
It looks like he's going strictly off RPI. I'm not looking at the RPI to know, but to have Vandy as the #5 national seed and us as a 3 seed, that seems likely.

RougeDawg
05-07-2014, 11:17 AM

This, after we all sold our mobile homes....

curmudgeon
05-07-2014, 02:14 PM
As the board's resident RPI geek. This guy is insane. He's simply looking at the RPI and moving here and there.

We are a SOLID 2 seed. Not even close to a 3.
Kentucky has ZERO shot at hosting as the 9th place team in the SEC despite a good RPI.
Houston has a good RPI but they are third in a bad conference. Not hosting.
I have Vanderbilt as the #16 host, with South Carolina as #17. The winner of that series will get a host but not a national seed. Vandy as the #5 national seed is ridiculous.

My projections have Ole Miss as a national seed, #7 or #8. I think we end up at TCU or Oklahoma State opposite the Ole Miss regional in the Super.

That pod could look something like this:

1. Ole Miss
2. Mercer
3. Georgia Tech
4. Columbia

1. TCU
2. Mississippi State
3. Dallas Baptist
4. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi

The Croom Diaries
05-07-2014, 03:03 PM
The guy who wrote this goes to Mississippi State. I believe he had a show on BSR a year or two ago. Basically what I'm saying is that his Regional projections should carry about as much weight as anyone on this board.