PDA

View Full Version : Class of 2015 FB options in-state at OL

Westdawg
05-06-2014, 04:14 PM
Matt Womack ? 6?6 300 big long kid that I think really wants an MSU offer. I think he gets it after showing up at camp this summer. I hope to land this kid. I like everthing I saw of this kid on paper and on film. Just a really good OL prospect

Tommy Champion ? 6?5 275 great OT prospect. I like how this kid plays. I hope we have the edge with him and that he will eventually signs with MSU. He is a bit ?undersized? but he already has the length and frame and footwork for a good OT. I honestly prefer that our OL signees come in a bit on the undersized side so that the training staff can put on good weight immediately rather than taking off bad in order to put on good. Reminds me of Elgton Jenkins in that regard.

Ryan Gibson ? 6?3 270 saw his film linked on 3rd and 57. OMG. A freakin monster of a mean streak OL. Love it. Also does not have much in terms of ?bad? weight so the staff can immediately go to work on building good weight on him. I want to see his pass blocking skills get better, but I think he ends up a good OG. This kid is NASTY. His filmd reminds me A LOT of Dillon Day?s film from HS. Kid is a mean player with really good technique. And I will also say that he could even be an option as a 1- Technique at DT. Loved his film. LOVED IT

Javon Patterson ? 6?4 290 a man-child. I would love to sign him, but not sure where we stand. Someone closer to the story can fill me in, but he is one of the better OL prospects in a long while. Reminds me a lot of Derek Sherrod. This kid can come in and probably play as a true frosh, and definitely as a RS fr.

EDITED TO ADD: 5/8/14

Devondre Seymour - 6'6 300 this guy is sold on Georgia at this point. a really good OT prospect, though. Currently at Hinds CC, and I may be wrong, but i think he was a sign-and-place guy by Georgia.

From the looks of things, the juco OT talent in MS is lacking this year outside of possibly two prospects. Devondre seems to be a good one, and there is another that LSU is after that currently escapes my mind, but not really any other legit offers from BCS schools.

Drake Dorbeck - 6'8 310 this is the kid that Todd4State mentioned. His height along with his weight means that there is not much bad weight there. I saw a couple of pics of him, and he is very long. Definitely has the length you want. I found video of him. He is a decent run blocker, but i wish he would finish off his blocks cleaner and find a second level defender to hit. He does get his block all the way into the depth of the second level, which is very good. He doesn't have the fastest feet in the world, but there are some good tools to work with. He is definitely strong as a young bull. One thing that surprised me with the video i saw was that most of it was of him on defense. Makes me wonder if their team struggled offensively so not much to show, or if he just wants to play on that side of the ball. There was enough there on the video to make me want to see him at camp this summer and how he develops this fall. there is potential in him.

Jamal Danley - 6'6 305 from Byhalia, currently at Scooba EMCC. Jamal has a lot of big time interest from some major programs, most notably the recent LSU offer he received. Thanks to engie and hailmari for pointing me to this one. i couldn't remember who he was but knew he was good. Signing Danley would really solidify a position that otherwise might become an issue that could creep in next year if others currently on roster don't develop according to schedule. i would like to see him sign with MSU, but there are some serious contenders to beat out for his signature

DawgSaint
05-06-2014, 04:23 PM
Good info...thanks

BeastMan
05-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Good info. I did one last week http://3rdand57.com/top-2015-mississippi-ol-prospects/

Todd4State
05-06-2014, 05:13 PM
I'd keep an eye on Drake Dorbeck from St. Aloysious too.

EAVdog
05-06-2014, 05:17 PM
I think Wommack may be a camp commit. Hevesey has spent a good bit of time with him and I think they offer when he comes to camp and hopefully he'll commit on the spot.

Westdawg
05-06-2014, 06:19 PM
Yeah, Beast, your article is what got me to post about it. Thanks for the info and links. It got me going!
I have no doubt there will be more added to this, especially once I get to looking at the juco guys in MS.

Todd4State
05-06-2014, 06:28 PM
I think Wommack may be a camp commit. Hevesey has spent a good bit of time with him and I think they offer when he comes to camp and hopefully he'll commit on the spot.

I agree, and I hope/bet the same thing happens with Ryan Gibson.

BeastMan
05-06-2014, 06:33 PM
Yeah, Beast, your article is what got me to post about it. Thanks for the info and links. It got me going!
I have no doubt there will be more added to this, especially once I get to looking at the juco guys in MS.

Oh no doubt. I haven't even really examined the juco guys yet. The more info everyone brings forward, the better

Westdawg
05-06-2014, 08:47 PM
I agree, and I hope/bet the same thing happens with Ryan Gibson.

No kidding. Gibson's film was sick! I coach OL, and I would love to have that kid every day of the week. He could be an issue similar to Dillon Day in that he needs to gain some weight, and possibly see if there is a spot for him, but I would not hesitate. He is a VERY SLIM 265-270. Kid's got all kinds of room to grow an additional 20+ lbs of good weight to his frame

Westdawg
05-06-2014, 08:52 PM
I would like to make a serious run at Drew Richmond out of MUS in Memphis. Kid is legit at OT

Westdawg
05-06-2014, 09:02 PM
And I will be honest with y'all, center is a position that worries me. We have got to find 2 centers for this class. One legit starter from juco and a solid HS prospect that can grow into the position. Is there anyone you guys heard of yet?

Westdawg
05-08-2014, 11:45 AM
bump, as i added thoughts on Dorbeck and a juco OT

hailmari
05-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Jamal Danley? He's a juco guy that most expect to sign with us. Originally from Byhalia (same as Chris Rayford).

engie
05-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Yeah -- I'm kinda surprised Danley's name isn't at the very top of this post... He's by far the biggest prospect at the position for us IMO. His offer list is pretty insane...

Westdawg
05-08-2014, 02:53 PM
that's the one i was thinking of that i couldn't remember…..he recently got an offer from LSU that got his attention. I knew there was one other juco OT prospect but for the life of me i could not remember who. thanks, hailmari and engie . i added him to the top of the list.