PDA

View Full Version : Men's Basketball vs. Oregon State

TheRef
05-06-2014, 09:34 AM
It's official. Mississippi State's Men's Basketball team will face off against the Beavers of Oregon State University in a home and home series. The contract has been signed. We will travel up to Corvallis to play December 13 and they will come down here for the 2015-2016 season.

Also, Oregon State just fired the POTUS brother-in-law. Should be interesting to watch who they hire.

coastdoglover
05-06-2014, 11:20 AM
They are having problems. The roster is completely depleted and that league is plenty tough.

It's official. Mississippi State's Men's Basketball team will face off against the Beavers of Oregon State University in a home and home series. The contract has been signed. We will travel up to Corvallis to play December 13 and they will come down here for the 2015-2016 season.

Also, Oregon State just fired the POTUS brother-in-law. Should be interesting to watch who they hire.

Goat Holder
05-06-2014, 11:29 AM
So does that mean we will win? I would think with a roster with enough upperclassmen on it now, against a depleted roster, we could pull off both of these wins.

Political Hack
05-06-2014, 11:32 AM
good scheduling move by the fighting Ricky Ray's.

Dawg61
05-06-2014, 11:47 AM
So does that mean we will win? I would think with a roster with enough upperclassmen on it now, against a depleted roster, we could pull off both of these wins.

Hell no

smootness
05-06-2014, 11:55 AM

It means we have a good shot. We shouldn't be terrible next year. We'll have a starting lineup full of at least somewhat talented upperclassmen (Ware, Daniels, Thomas, Sword) and hopefully a healthy Ready at PG. If we can get some consistent help from the bench (Roq Johnson, Ndoye, Bloodman, Houston?) we won't be an easy win for a lot of teams.

If we still struggle mightily next year, then I'll be in much more agreement with Dawg61.

dawgs
05-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Rick ray better not make me regret driving an hour down I-5 for this game. (Wish this was a football contract though...maybe it'll lead to one? Oregon st was one of the few BCS schools with a BCS OOC game in 2016 AND Corvallis isn't exactly the type of college town to that'll think themselves too highly to slum it in Starkville for a game.)

Who am I kidding, even if we suffer an embarrassing L, it'll be worth the drive to swing by the Corvallis breweries pre-pst game.

Goat from MSU
05-06-2014, 03:32 PM
We have more players back with a 1000 or more SEC min. played. You bet your ass he better win that along with at least 12 SEC games next year or he is gone.
It means we have a good shot. We shouldn't be terrible next year. We'll have a starting lineup full of at least somewhat talented upperclassmen (Ware, Daniels, Thomas, Sword) and hopefully a healthy Ready at PG. If we can get some consistent help from the bench (Roq Johnson, Ndoye, Bloodman, Houston?) we won't be an easy win for a lot of teams.

If we still struggle mightily next year, then I'll be in much more agreement with Dawg61.

Homedawg
05-06-2014, 04:43 PM
We have more players back with a 1000 or more SEC min. played. You bet your ass he better win that along with at least 12 SEC games next year or he is gone.

12 sec games? First that ain't happening. Second, he doesn't have to win 12 sec games to save his job.

Goat from MSU
05-07-2014, 10:53 AM
C mon you can do better than that ,with the players we have back we should win 12 SEC games . Where is smoot and engie when I need them.
12 sec games? First that ain't happening. Second, he doesn't have to win 12 sec games to save his job.

smootness
05-07-2014, 12:23 PM

Haha ok.

Dawg61
05-07-2014, 12:51 PM
Ray could lose 12 SEC games next year and won't be gone.