PDA

View Full Version : This is pretty telling of Mullen's player development compared to OM

GreenheadDawg
05-05-2014, 07:11 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/82781/auditing-the-secs-talent-producers-3

#ThisisOURDraft

nsvltndog
05-05-2014, 07:42 PM
With all the top recruits that have somehow ended up in Oxford to help win recruiting championships, the lack of NFL picks really is a quite telling stat.

Coach34
05-05-2014, 07:47 PM
They have outrecruited us 4 of the last 5 years according to the rankings

messageboardsuperhero
05-05-2014, 07:56 PM
They have outrecruited us 4 of the last 5 years according to the rankings

The only time I can remember us actually outrecruiting them since the end of the Sherrill era in the rankings was in 2012.

BTW, if you really want a good laugh, go back and look at their 2008 class. I've never seen so many duds in my life. Brandon Bolden was the only somewhat decent player out of that entire group.

ETA: Well, Trahan was alright too, but he didn't exactly live up to expectations.

CadaverDawg
05-05-2014, 07:57 PM
Wow, that is a very telling article.

Goat Holder
05-05-2014, 08:25 PM
In their defense, you can't really get on people for their transition classes.

Harrydawg
05-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Well shit, here we go again with damn facts.......**

mstatefan91
05-05-2014, 11:24 PM
In their defense, you can't really get on people for their transition classes.

In there defense? Why are you defending them? Let them defend themselves...

War Machine Dawg
05-06-2014, 12:13 AM
In there defense? Why are you defending them? Let them defend themselves...

No shit. Goat had a good 2 weeks after his banninnation, but he's gone of the rez aGAIN.

Reason2succeed
05-06-2014, 12:33 AM
If Mullen isn't using this article in recruiting then he ought to be. State is killing everyone when compared to avg star ranking from recruiting. I'm really surprise we beat out Auburn and Texas A&M.

starkvegasdawg
05-06-2014, 05:43 AM
Oxford...where five stars go to never be heard from again...unless you count police reports or as defendants in lawsuits.

deltadawg99
05-06-2014, 08:14 AM
The only time I can remember us actually outrecruiting them since the end of the Sherrill era in the rankings was in 2012.

BTW, if you really want a good laugh, go back and look at their 2008 class. I've never seen so many duds in my life. Brandon Bolden was the only somewhat decent player out of that entire group.

ETA: Well, Trahan was alright too, but he didn't exactly live up to expectations.

Trahan was solid but I'm not even sure if he started. He was a 5* juco guy and I remember OM people talking about Tommy T. said he was the best LB he had ever coached.

Solid but definitely not 4* much less 5* material.

chainedup_Dawg
05-06-2014, 08:25 AM
Am I the only that finds it hilarious that OM and Vanderbilt have the exact same numbers?

RougeDawg
05-06-2014, 08:33 AM
Oxford...where five stars go to never be heard from again...unless you count police reports or as defendants in lawsuits.

As I always describe Oxford and the OM football program - "The BlueChips Graveyard". Really gets under the Bear skin rugs.

Goat Holder
05-06-2014, 08:51 AM
Bahhhhhhh

Let's not let reality get in the way of our UM bashing. They have enough dirt on them, don't concentrate on shit that doesn't matter.

RougeDawg
05-06-2014, 09:31 AM
OM is the prime example of what happens when you have to break the bank to get a kid to sign at a school he really doesn't want to be a part of. They just do what's best for momma short term, and don't look at the statistics of long term financial stability of going to a program that is actually going to develop them and prep them best for the next level. But as they say, high school kids don't see very far past froday night, a new car, and new house and furniture for momma.

jimbo352
05-06-2014, 09:43 AM
I think it's clear the Nutt era was all about signing highly ranked guys no one wanted... Nutter had a bad rep for his recruiting, so he figured he'd go after troubled kids who were highly ranked. Think about it. Most of the highly ranked guys were up to know good. That kid out of Panola who was messed up with heroin, that safety that got kicked out of UF for using dead girls credit cards... Come to think of it, Nutter went after a boat load of bad apples out of Florida... He wanted to win the rankings, and he did... Too bad all the highly rated guys were duds... If it weren't OM, I'd feel sorry for them. I laughed the day they hired Houston Nutt. How excited they were to have a mediocre/bad coach...

dickiedawg
05-06-2014, 09:44 AM
That is really impressive, considering our average recruiting ranking. That puts us tied for 7th (with a tiebreaker of more 1st rounders and more top 3 rounds). I don't know the exact numbers of where our classes have been ranked, but I imagine somewhere around 11-13.

BeastMan
05-06-2014, 10:28 AM
This shows that Mullen recruits better than the rankings say. The other day on Finebaum, Bielema said that you can't accurately rank a recruiting class until a few years down the road. Seems like I've heard that before...

blacklistedbully
05-06-2014, 05:04 PM
Should put us ahead of Arky

Coach34
05-06-2014, 07:23 PM
No shit. Goat had a good 2 weeks after his banninnation, but he's gone of the rez aGAIN.

Can we not get anybody to regulate Goat's medicine? Wtf? Are we just a bunch of book farmers with no psych degrees?