PDA

View Full Version : Seating Update Question

DawgSaint
05-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Is there anybody here who still has not picked? If you have't, can you please update whether East side club level sold out? I picked during first week and have not seen an update since.

BulldogBear
05-05-2014, 06:05 PM
Have not picked yet. Can you not still go into the interactive map even after you've picked?

HSVDawg
05-05-2014, 06:05 PM
By my count there are 158 seats left, mostly in the end sections (117 and 125). As low as they are in the priority ranks now, I figure it to be highly unlikely they will sell out the east side club seats this year.

MafiaDawg
05-05-2014, 06:12 PM
That's terrible. Someone screwed the pooch when determining the price requirements for the different sections. Big time.

HSVDawg
05-05-2014, 06:52 PM
I think that it also may be that some of the folks that were bumped down by the TTF contributors just said screw it and moved over to the 100/200 level on the west side or to the Scoreboard Club. That has a trickle down effect also on everyone who picks behind them. I wonder if they do anything on a single game basis to try and sell the East club seats?

Buddy
05-05-2014, 07:01 PM
What Row in 334? If it's one of the first 3 rows (which are all below the walking concourse), then I say go for it.

War Machine Dawg
05-05-2014, 07:18 PM
I haven't picked yet, but I'm not trying to get into the club level. I'd like to stay about where I am, but maybe move to the other side of the section and a little further down. So long as I'm not stuck with having to move to the upper deck or the East side, I'll be happy.

Homedawg
05-05-2014, 07:25 PM
I think that it also may be that some of the folks that were bumped down by the TTF contributors just said screw it and moved over to the 100/200 level on the west side or to the Scoreboard Club. That has a trickle down effect also on everyone who picks behind them. I wonder if they do anything on a single game basis to try and sell the East club seats?

The club level hasn't been sold out since the year they added the inside bar seats against the window. the ttf contribution one had to make to add a seat hurt them as far as selling the "new " available seats in the club level since the. Single game tickets are used/ bought by the university and there are still a bunch of empties in sec25.

BulldogBear
05-05-2014, 07:35 PM
That's terrible. Someone screwed the pooch when determining the price requirements for the different sections. Big time.

I think the number of East Side Upper Deck seats already picked is telling.

PassInterference
05-05-2014, 09:30 PM

To maximize revenue, you need to raise prices to the point of being just short of a sellout. If you do sell out, you probably didn't charge enough per ticket (or donation or whatever) - and therefore didn't maximize revenue.

MafiaDawg
05-05-2014, 09:43 PM
This is not apartment complex rentals. And you don't want an entire club level section combined to be leftover. 150 seats with 2500 per seat revenue is some serious cheddar they are missing out on. They should some how make it more enticing. Not sure how to do that but that's their job to figure it out

HSVDawg
05-05-2014, 09:44 PM
When you do the math, it is $325,000 this season in revenue that we lose out on if those seats stay empty. I'm sure we'll probably mitigate that loss with single game ticket sales, as well as the added revenue from the new expansion. I just hope we have some folks in the Bryan Building who know how to work the numbers (and not in an LT way).

MafiaDawg
05-05-2014, 09:57 PM
It's also just an embarrassment factor. A club level ticket in the SEC should be extremely hard to get a hold of. Do you really think any other stadium has any "empties" in the premium section. The university should do what's necessary to see to it that they are sold out. It's just a bad stigma if not. Don't even get me started on seeing opposing fans up there from time to time.

DawgSaint
05-05-2014, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm in the east side club level, but find it hard to believe not sold out. Anyway, thanks again for info.

BulldogBear
05-06-2014, 09:04 AM
The thing is at $2500 per seat I'd say they ARE SEC seats that are "pretty hard to get a hold of."

Homedawg
05-06-2014, 09:36 AM
The thing is at $2500 per seat I'd say they ARE SEC seats that are "pretty hard to get a hold of."

They aren't 2500 per seat in the east club. They are 1750 each. And the ttf gift is no longer required to add one. That's was a killer. Now that they have removed that it's more reasonable at least.

MafiaDawg
05-06-2014, 10:02 AM
You are missing the point. I meant that the demand should be so high that they are hard to get a hold of come gameday. Not that they make the prices so high that they are hard to get a hold of.

thedawginme
05-06-2014, 10:27 AM
This is not apartment complex rentals. And you don't want an entire club level section combined to be leftover. 150 seats with 2500 per seat revenue is some serious cheddar they are missing out on. They should some how make it more enticing. Not sure how to do that but that's their job to figure it out

But you can't just say they are missing out on 150 * $2,500 per seat in revenue, can you? Because in fact they sold a majority of seats at what you are postulating is too HIGH of a price. Somebody below in the thread said the prices are actually 1,750 and not 2,500 so let's use that number. How many seats are in the club level? I'll guess 1,000.

Missed revenue from unsold seats, i.e. the "serious cheddar" you said they missed out on:
150 * $1,750 = $262,500

"Incremental revenue" from the higher seat price:
850 * ($1,750-$1,450) = $255,000

That $1,450 number is what I'm guessing the price would be that would've resulted in them selling out all 1000 seats.

Now if there's less than 1,000 seats in the CL then the model gets worse for the A.D. but still it's not bad.

sandwolf
05-06-2014, 10:30 AM
By my count there are 158 seats left, mostly in the end sections (117 and 125). As low as they are in the priority ranks now, I figure it to be highly unlikely they will sell out the east side club seats this year.

I also count 158 seats remaining.

It really doesn't make much sense to me that the CL seats in the end zones cost the exact same as the CL seats on the 50 yard line. Seems like they would make the donation requirements less for the EZ seats and more for the seats on the 50.

sandwolf
05-06-2014, 10:36 AM
How many seats are in the club level? I'll guess 1,000.

By my math, there are 1,897 seats in club level.

sandwolf
05-06-2014, 10:39 AM
Somebody below in the thread said the prices are actually 1,750 and not 2,500 so let's use that number.

And the seats are $2,060 each ($1,750 donation + $310 ticket).

Homedawg
05-06-2014, 10:51 AM
I also count 158 seats remaining.

It really doesn't make much sense to me that the CL seats in the end zones cost the exact same as the CL seats on the 50 yard line. Seems like they would make the donation requirements less for the EZ seats and more for the seats on the 50.
This is incorrect, the east club level donations are $750 more per seat than the endzone. The tix prices are the same but different per seat requirements

DawgSaint
05-06-2014, 10:54 AM
This is incorrect, the east club level donations are $750 more per seat than the endzone. The tix prices are the same but different per seat requirements

Think he means those east side club level seats in 116 and 125...not Scoreboard Club, but just what I read into it.

Homedawg
05-06-2014, 10:57 AM
Think he means those east side club level seats in 116 and 125...not Scoreboard Club, but just what I read into it.

Oh my bad. I thought he meant the new club seats- gotcha.

Buddy
05-06-2014, 10:59 AM

Yes, that's the way I read it too. It doesn't make sense that the end sections of the East sideline club level (the ones in the endzone) have the same donation requirement as the middle sections. If that is reasonable logic, why don't Section 4 and Section 7 have the same donation requirement?

sandwolf
05-06-2014, 11:07 AM

This is what I meant.

coastdoglover
05-06-2014, 11:25 AM
that is correct and there will be some opening up next year for sure. Many will simply save the money and use Stub Hub. Mark it down, it will happen.

By my math, there are 1,897 seats in club level.

Homedawg
05-06-2014, 11:34 AM
that is correct and there will be some opening up next year for sure. Many will simply save the money and use Stub Hub. Mark it down, it will happen.

Some people probably will do this. However, the club level went up 250 per seat this year and the number of seats available is less than or equal to that of the past few seasons. So we are generating more money w the increase.