PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, but something needs to be corrected

CadaverDawg
05-04-2014, 09:38 PM
I read somewhere in an earlier thread that OM may struggle with Georgia bc "Georgia has been playing good ball lately". No they haven't. Yes, they won the series at home vs USC this weekend, but they had lost 8 straight before that including a loss to Kennesaw St. They have now won 2 of their last 11.

They did play Fla and Vandy the 2 series before though...but I just don't want anyone thinking OM is hosting a UGA team on a run or anything. OM should sweep or win 2 out of 3, although I hope UGA rolls their asses.

We just need to control the things we can, which is beating Tenn at least 2 out of 3. None of the current teams guaranteed a host spot want to see us as their #2 seed, I can guarandamntee you that. Hail State

Carry on.

It_Could_Happen
05-04-2014, 10:56 PM
Sweep TN. 2 out of 3 at bama is taking care of our end to me. No excuse for us to lose to UT at home.

UMCDawg16
05-04-2014, 11:41 PM
I'm sorry but beating USC 2 of 3 is playing good ball.

TheRef
05-04-2014, 11:55 PM

Agreed...the SEC might be the strongest it has ever been top-to-bottom. The conference, not too long ago, was rumored to be able to break the NCAA record for most tournament bids from one conference. Now I know that we are not at that point now, but about 2 or so weeks ago we were at that point. But I do see where CadaverDawg is right also.

Think about this. UGA is only a 1/2 game ahead of Auburn (Thanks to the tie with LSU). That means that they are more than likely only either a game ahead or even with an Auburn team that we just swept. So if we equate Auburn to UGA (I know...can't interchange teams in the SEC but roll with it), then how many people actually believe that the bears could realistically lose a series to them? Especially with the power that the Bears have that is outright scary.

I'll hang up and listen to your response. /click

Todd4State
05-05-2014, 01:52 AM
At home, Ole Miss should win the Georgia series. If they sweep Georgia, it wouldn't shock me.

The SEC as a league is just better and deeper than any other league in America. Look at Mizzou and Texas A&M. Mizzou was a pretty solid team in the Big 12 and was winning 30 games consistently and had gone to 8 regionals in their final 10 years in the Big 12, and A&M was a team that won 43 games and a consistent regional team the year before joining the SEC. They join the SEC, and Mizzou drops to 18 wins in year one and A&M drops to 34 in year one. And the Big 12 is a solid baseball conference- it's not exactly the Emily Dickenson Conference.

Even bad SEC teams are good teams when you compare them to the other 300+ teams across the country. Someone somewhere the other day said- "how is Tennessee's RPI so high?" SEC. That's why.

Heck- the NCAA has to set it up so that the SEC doesn't have like 5-6 teams in Omaha every year. That should tell you something.

And that's why our fans shouldn't dismiss or put down our team for sweeping or winning a SEC series ever.

smootness
05-06-2014, 12:10 PM

It can be brushed aside as luck or random when you lost the 8 games prior to that, though. If we lost 8 straight, then won one series against a good team, no one on this board would be saying we're 'playing good ball'.