PDA

View Full Version : Does the new SEC scheduling allow for another non-con SEC game?

blacklistedbully
05-01-2014, 02:20 PM
In those years where we don't have Vandy as an official East opponent, I wonder if we could simply add them as our non-con to meet the requirement.

Goat Holder
05-01-2014, 02:24 PM
Ha, interesting question. Wonder if the wording says Big 5 or does it list the specific conferences.

sleepy dawg
05-01-2014, 03:01 PM
I have often wondered why they can't just let alabama schedule all their teams as ooc games if they don't happen to face them in a particular year. All these rules we're making just to keep all their "rivalries" intact is silly, and wouldn't have to screw over the rest of the conference if they just scheduled them as ooc games.

Goat Holder
05-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Disagree....I love tradition, it's what makes the SEC great. Tradition is a big reason why SEC football is so popular. It isn't the main reason, but a big one that sets us apart from the rest of the country.

But....the ability for Alabama to schedule Tennessee or Georgia to schedule Auburn as an OOC game in off years is very interesting. It should be entertained.

ShotgunDawg
05-01-2014, 03:22 PM
I think this is a great idea, and would solve a bunch of problems