PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, get over it. We do this every year......

Goat Holder
04-30-2014, 09:37 PM
Last year, we damn near lost to Austin Peay but won 3-2. 2012 lost to UCA (then swept Kentucky). 2011 lost to UAB (then went on a run).

Who cares, it's baseball. We're going to make a run. Too many seniors not to.

bluelightstar
04-30-2014, 09:39 PM
Pretty sure that 'going on a run' has been predicted every other week now.

It may yet happen, or this year's team may just not be good. It happens.

Jacksondevildog
04-30-2014, 09:41 PM
Cohen can look at his charts and be as positive about things as he can, but this team doesn't have a nutsack . They don't have any leaders. You also cannot get into any rhythm defensively or offensively when you play new guys every single game. It's like he's trying to keep some guys happy and make sure they get their PT.

I seen it dawg
04-30-2014, 09:42 PM
Last year, we damn near lost to Austin Peay but won 3-2. 2012 lost to UCA (then swept Kentucky). 2011 lost to UAB (then went on a run).

This season may be over. Pirtle is about the only upperclassmen that is a gamer. This team has no fire and the seniors are providing zero leadership. The older guys just ain't got it. For whatever reason they just don't give a shit. You can look and see it on the field.

HoopsDawg
04-30-2014, 09:45 PM

Glad you are here to add perspective.************************************** *****************

Todd4State
04-30-2014, 09:46 PM

We've gone on runs the past three years, but that doesn't mean we will go on one this year.

I will say this though- and I didn't realize this myself until I looked at it- but the Ole Miss series where we started our run was the next to last series of the year. And the other thing about runs is you usually don't know when they start.

If I said after we beat Ole Miss on Sunday after we had lost the series that win would propel us to Omaha, I don't anyone would have believed it.

RougeDawg
04-30-2014, 09:46 PM
This team can't hit. Until we have a few more players go off to the prominent Summer Leagues, we will continue to hit like shut. The only time any of our players receive hitting instructions is during the summer leagues. So ****ing sick and tired of people talking about Cohen being a hitting guru. If he is so great, then why do we have one of the worst complications of swings I've ever seen at the college level, let alone one of top conferences in division 1? I've been saying this since he got here, and continue my stance. He doesn't teach one ****ing our hitters proper hitting mechanics. He was just blessed with two all American studs last year in Renfroe and Frazier.

Todd4State
04-30-2014, 09:47 PM
This season may be over. Pirtle is about the only upperclassmen that is a gamer. This team has no fire and the seniors are providing zero leadership. The older guys just ain't got it. For whatever reason they just don't give a shit. You can look and see it on the field.

We miss Pollorena.

starkvegasdawg
I think when they shaved their beards they shaved their pubes too. Nobody playing like they have hair one on their balls.

Goat Holder
You and Hoopsdawg are emotional faggots. Reality.

DawgSaint
04-30-2014, 09:48 PM
We miss Pollorena.

Could not agree more on this one!

Goat Holder
04-30-2014, 09:48 PM
Again, we have this game every year. It looked the same last year.

Goat Holder
04-30-2014, 09:51 PM
I see that no one wants to address the fact that this same thing happened the last 3 years. Just want to spew emotional ******l discharge. Who again doesn't have the balls?

RougeDawg
04-30-2014, 09:57 PM
You and Hoopsdawg are emotional faggots. Reality.

Emotional faggots say the same thing about out hitting mechanics now as they did when we were making the run to the finals last year? I'm pretty sure ive said the same thing every year outside of a few players (Renfroe, Frazier, Armstrong, Robson last year etc all had proper swings as approaches at plate. Pirtle is only one this year. CBrown has it also, but doesn't get much PT). I haven't changed my stance since Cohen arrived, so you can go **** yourself. Go look it up if your intelligence facilitates such difficult activities. Judging from your post you are lacking in the intelligence department. . Our mechanics are horrible and have been. I've forgotten more baseball than you'll ever know.

Coach34
04-30-2014, 09:57 PM
I dont care what has happened the last 3 years- this team is not capable of making a run and will get bounced in Regional. And I'll bookmark this one for you Goat when we do.

It happens. Just isnt our year. We still have a good program and good times ahead- it just wont be this summer.

Will James
04-30-2014, 10:14 PM
I dont care what has happened the last 3 years- this team is not capable of making a run and will get bounced in Regional.

This team is 2012 minus the nearly meaningless SEC tourney "run"

Coach34
04-30-2014, 10:39 PM

You've made some good comparisons with this team and 2012

Goat Holder
05-01-2014, 09:00 AM
I still say they are more like 2011. We'll see who comes out on top.

I do agree that the SECT is nearly meaningless. Nearly.

Pollodawg
05-01-2014, 09:03 AM

This. Sometimes you just aren't as good as you want to be or think you are. It looks like it happened to us this season. Come on August 30.

msstate7
05-01-2014, 09:05 AM
You've made some good comparisons with this team and 2012

2012 minus automatic win on Fridays.

DownwardDawg
05-01-2014, 09:12 AM
I hope we do make a run, but I just ain't seeing it. This team can't hit. Jacksonville State used 72 different pitchers last night and WE COULDN'T HIT ANY OF THEM.

C222
05-01-2014, 09:16 AM

So, winning the SEC tourney is meaningless. and getting to Omaha really doesn't mean anything if you aren't SEC Champions? Basically, you downgrade everything we have done and criticize Cohen for the only thing he hasn't accomplished yet. Hell of a fan you are.

Will James
05-01-2014, 02:56 PM
So, winning the SEC tourney is meaningless. and getting to Omaha really doesn't mean anything if you aren't SEC Champions? Basically, you downgrade everything we have done and criticize Cohen for the only thing he hasn't accomplished yet. Hell of a fan you are.

This guy is trying too hard lulz

Goat Holder
05-01-2014, 03:21 PM
I've agreed with you in the past but you're going nuts. You're entering into Stans/Coach34 territory. Seriously, I think we all know who REALLY is trying too hard here.

No matter what you think of John Cohen, he's got a pretty long leash at this point due to what he did last year. That's fact. He made our fanbase forget Ron Polk. Think about that.

RossDawg82
05-01-2014, 03:35 PM
I could see us making a run but its going to take the best pitching we have had all year. Our hitting is just pitiful right now.

Goat Holder
05-01-2014, 03:42 PM
Agreed......Woodruff must step up and play like a draft pick.

Will James
05-01-2014, 03:50 PM
I've agreed with you in the past but you're going nuts. You're entering into Stans/Coach34 territory. Seriously, I think we all know who REALLY is trying too hard here.

No matter what you think of John Cohen, he's got a pretty long leash at this point due to what he did last year. That's fact. He made our fanbase forget Ron Polk. Think about that.

Cohen overall is good. Mostly because he gets studs to campus. Hell we are rolling everyone on the recruiting trail. He just ****s up a lot in game, nobody can deny this. Nowhere near Stansbury because talent manifests itself better in baseball than basketball. If he can keep the crootin up we should challenge for a host spot every year. I just wish we wouldn't be retards in-game and cost us those 3-4 games at the margins that could cost us a host spot. There's no excuse for continued bad coaching in-game.

Jack Lambert
05-01-2014, 03:54 PM
YOu guys give up too easy and it's just not baseball. Heck I remember going into the Arkansas Game in football how down and negative everyone was on this board about that team. I almost stop comming here it was so negative about Mullen and the football team. It's not over until it's over and the baseball records could flip this weekend. You just never know. I said it in another thread we played seven SEC games in nine days and went 5 and 2. It is as simple as this. If we had lost one game to Missu and won two games against A&M we would have the same SEC record but it would look different because we won two series. It is so close one weekend could flip it back around and then many of you guys will show your bi polar and be positive again.

Goat Holder
05-01-2014, 04:16 PM
I won't deny that I question some decisions but I also think we end up winning games we have no business winning due to his style.

You have to look at both sides of the coin. He isn't going to play 'safe'. He takes risks, attacks, etc. It was a big adjustment for me to see us go from Polk Station to Station to Cohen-ball. But the facts are, he had the winning resume and so far he's lived up to it. Not to mention he's playing the style of ball that has succeeded ever since the new bats were introduced. And now that they are changing the ball, we have power hitters coming into the fold at just the right time.

At the end of the day, I agree, talent will win the games. And he's getting the talent. So let's let the man do what he does.

Todd4State
05-01-2014, 04:41 PM
I won't deny that I question some decisions but I also think we end up winning games we have no business winning due to his style.

You have to look at both sides of the coin. He isn't going to play 'safe'. He takes risks, attacks, etc. It was a big adjustment for me to see us go from Polk Station to Station to Cohen-ball. But the facts are, he had the winning resume and so far he's lived up to it. Not to mention he's playing the style of ball that has succeeded ever since the new bats were introduced. And now that they are changing the ball, we have power hitters coming into the fold at just the right time.

At the end of the day, I agree, talent will win the games. And he's getting the talent. So let's let the man do what he does.

We have some fans that six years later still haven't adjusted totally from Polk's methods.

RAYn_Man
05-01-2014, 08:59 PM
The only time any of our players receive hitting instructions is during the summer leagues.

Not much instruction goes on during summer leagues. Mostly just playing games.