PDA

View Full Version : Chris Low showing Eric Moulds some love

LC Dawg
04-30-2014, 03:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/82635/five-sec-players-id-pay-to-see-play-again

PassInterference
04-30-2014, 03:40 PM
You young dawgs that didn't see Moulds play missed out. Moulds was baaaaaddd ass. One handed grabs and jumping out of the stadium were his thing.

And he almost got to play with Keshawn Johnson. KJ signed with us, went Juco in CA, then went to USCW.

maroonmania
04-30-2014, 03:46 PM
He was definitely worth the price of admission to see play. The 1994 game he had against Bama was the stuff of legend. Too bad our defense collapsed in the last 4 minutes to blow a 25-15 lead. Pretty wide gap between him and the next best WR to play at MSU at least in terms of overall talent.

hailmari
04-30-2014, 04:02 PM
I actually didn't know that about Keyshawn Johnson until recently. Blows my mind.

LC Dawg
04-30-2014, 04:29 PM
I remember being at the 95 game against LSU. Moulds went for 80 and a td on the first play of the game and I thought we were going to kill those bastards. We didn't score another touchdown until garbage time. Moulds finished with 157. He was a phenomenal talent.

DawgSaint
04-30-2014, 04:34 PM
He was definitely worth the price of admission to see play. The 1994 game he had against Bama was the stuff of legend. Too bad our defense collapsed in the last 4 minutes to blow a 25-15 lead. Pretty wide gap between him and the next best WR to play at MSU at least in terms of overall talent.

Every time I see or think of Moulds that Bama game comes to mind. He is one of my all-time favorite Bulldogs!

Dawgfan77
04-30-2014, 06:47 PM
The 94 UT he took over the last 5 min. Made catches when he should t have

LeakyD
04-30-2014, 07:11 PM
I remember buying Moulds, Chris Jones, Shaston Colemon, and a couple of others pizza from Papa John's after $1 you call it at Cheers. I remember he always drank Michelob. It was a game week too. His game against Bama in 94 was the one that will always stick out to me.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-30-2014, 07:17 PM
Moulds could suit up now and play ball if he didnt have to go through pre season stuff. He is still yoked. If you are standing next to him, he looks like a linebacker. He is a solid 240 and ripped.

He comes to a lot of our games and has the best tailgate spread in starkville at his motor home. Nice guy.

War Machine Dawg
04-30-2014, 09:59 PM
You young dawgs that didn't see Moulds play missed out. Moulds was baaaaaddd ass. One handed grabs and jumping out of the stadium were his thing.

And he almost got to play with Keshawn Johnson. KJ signed with us, went Juco in CA, then went to USCW.

Yep to all of this. Can you imagine how good we'd have been on offense had KJ actually made it to campus?

On another note, could we find Moulds one last year of eligibility and have him suit up to play with Dak this season?

Bothrops
04-30-2014, 11:40 PM
I recall a game against Bama where Moulds caught a pass in heavy traffic. Defenders tried to tackle and failed to get him after the catch..then he ran around a few other players that had good angles but he made the endzone quickly. I think we won that game on that play. He was awesome.

Dawgfan77
05-01-2014, 05:59 AM
Yep to all of this. Can you imagine how good we'd have been on offense had KJ actually made it to campus?

On another note, could we find Moulds one last year of eligibility and have him suit up to play with Dak this season?

JWS was run first so I'm not sure the offense would have been much better. Arians was a genious as an OC but Jackie was all about run game and D.

LeakyD
05-01-2014, 07:16 AM
Of all the recruiting battles we've ever had, finishing second for Steve McNair might be the toughest. We would never lose that one in today's world. He would have elevated us to unknown success. He played injured at Alcorn and still weaved through defenses like they weren't there. He probably could've benefited from our medical staff too.