PDA

View Full Version : Way too early bowl projection has us going to....

BulldogBear
04-30-2014, 02:43 PM
...The Belk Bowl to play David Cutliffe's boys

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2041068-post-spring-college-football-bowl-game-predictions-for-2014#articles/2041068-post-spring-college-football-bowl-game-predictions-for-2014/page/5

I didn't even know SEC now had an affiliation with this bowl.

Jack Lambert
04-30-2014, 02:54 PM
The BCS is gone and some of the bowl games are now play off games so the SEC had to find a few others for tie ins.

Jack Lambert
04-30-2014, 03:04 PM
They got one SEC team in the play off and that's Auburn and they still have Vandy going to a bowl game.

Political Hack
04-30-2014, 03:06 PM
that was awful.

DawgSaint
04-30-2014, 03:07 PM
Here's to hoping we do a little better than Belk Bowl

Pollodawg
04-30-2014, 03:20 PM
We have the best QB in the conference coming back (get outta my face with the Nick Marhsall crap) what could potentially be a top 5-10 defense, and basically every productive piece from offense last season going against how many teams breaking in new QBs and key offensive and defensive players, and we get the Belk Bowl?

That's too stupid for words. If for some reason we do fall off the planet and land in the Belk Bowl and Duke makes it too, at least Cutt will have the privledge of yet again losing to State.

Having said that, it would take a catastrophe for us to fall to the Belk Bowl....

Johnson85
04-30-2014, 03:36 PM
We have the best QB in the conference coming back (get outta my face with the Nick Marhsall crap) what could potentially be a top 5-10 defense, and basically every productive piece from offense last season going against how many teams breaking in new QBs and key offensive and defensive players, and we get the Belk Bowl?

That's too stupid for words. If for some reason we do fall off the planet and land in the Belk Bowl and Duke makes it too, at least Cutt will have the privledge of yet again losing to State.

Having said that, it would take a catastrophe for us to fall to the Belk Bowl....

What were you projecting we'd do in 2000 and 2001?

I'm thinking we're going to be good this year, but I can't fault anybody too much for looking at a 7-6 team from last year that went to the wire with Arkansas, Ole Miss, UK, and Bowling Green and thinking maybe they're not ready to make a jump or that Arkansas and Ole Miss will jump with us and we still won't be good enough to beat the LSU, Auburn, Bama, or A&M.

RIdog
04-30-2014, 04:34 PM
What's a "belk bowl" ?

esplanade91
04-30-2014, 04:48 PM
Hey... If it comes to that I wouldn't mind going to Charlotte to see my dawgs. Might even catch a Charlotte Hornets game. Who knows. I don't know if we'll have enough time.

TopDog58
04-30-2014, 05:02 PM

It took politicking to get us our lone Cotton Bowl and Gator Bowl #1. We are going to have to have an outstanding season and be 2+ games better than UGA, South Carolina, and Florida to have a shot at any of the Florida bowls.

Barring a total collapse (6 wins) or a great season (10+ wins) I could see us in line for something like the Texas Bowl in Houston.

codeDawg
04-30-2014, 05:03 PM
And Sallee wonders why the opinion of the quality of journalism at Bleacher Report is still so low.

It_Could_Happen
04-30-2014, 05:06 PM
That doesn't even make sense.

BulldogBear
04-30-2014, 06:03 PM
They got one SEC team in the play off and that's Auburn and they still have Vandy going to a bowl game.

And the same one at that.

Everybody got to consider the source for this article. Really, it's just trying to get people to read when you put this out this early.

Pollodawg
04-30-2014, 06:26 PM
What were you projecting we'd do in 2000 and 2001?

I'm thinking we're going to be good this year, but I can't fault anybody too much for looking at a 7-6 team from last year that went to the wire with Arkansas, Ole Miss, UK, and Bowling Green and thinking maybe they're not ready to make a jump or that Arkansas and Ole Miss will jump with us and we still won't be good enough to beat the LSU, Auburn, Bama, or A&M.

That 7-6 last season is likely all they looked at when making this pick and has nothing to do with this season. And as far as struggling with those teams, we won every last one of them. It makes zero difference what the final score was. I am just saying that it's stupid to make an assumption on this season based solely on our record from last season.

defiantdog
04-30-2014, 06:37 PM
I'm okay with this article. I doubt they did any real research. And honestly, we don't need any media hype. Look at everyone's outlook of our baseball team because of hype....

LeakyD
04-30-2014, 07:14 PM
Barring injuries, this would be one year I'm little disappointed with 8 wins. It would mean that we lost all of our toss ups.