PDA

View Full Version : Soccer refs, help me out.

Maroonthirteen
04-30-2014, 02:43 PM
So I have been watching my kids play soccer for a few years now. I know a good bit about the game but not everything. ANyway, we had two situations recently ....

1. We lost possesion in their penalty area. Their player gained possession about the 6 and passed it to the GK. Who pickedup the ball. Ok, penalty, indirect free kick. The ref placed the ball at the 6 and gave us an indirect free kick at the 6. Of course the team makes a wall about 3 yards off the ball. Needless to say, we tried to touch the ball and shoot but the ball was cleared. I know an indirect free kick is awarded as penalty to the pass back rule. But I have never seen a indirect free kick inside the area. It just seemed odd. But I guess this is correct?

2. Other team is winning 4-2. Other team decides to sub. Sub comes in and tells another field player to stay on and play GK, GK you are out. SO, they take forever exchanging gloves and GK jersey. We were not going to win anyway. I just though it was time wasting and the ref should not have allowed the substitution. But I guess you can sub the GK at anytime and the sub can take all damn day getting on the equipment?

THanks.

Martianlander
04-30-2014, 06:58 PM
So I have been watching my kids play soccer for a few years now. I know a good bit about the game but not everything. ANyway, we had two situations recently ....

1. We lost possesion in their penalty area. Their player gained possession about the 6 and passed it to the GK. Who pickedup the ball. Ok, penalty, indirect free kick. The ref placed the ball at the 6 and gave us an indirect free kick at the 6. Of course the team makes a wall about 3 yards off the ball. Needless to say, we tried to touch the ball and shoot but the ball was cleared. I know an indirect free kick is awarded as penalty to the pass back rule. But I have never seen a indirect free kick inside the area. It just seemed odd. But I guess this is correct?

2. Other team is winning 4-2. Other team decides to sub. Sub comes in and tells another field player to stay on and play GK, GK you are out. SO, they take forever exchanging gloves and GK jersey. We were not going to win anyway. I just though it was time wasting and the ref should not have allowed the substitution. But I guess you can sub the GK at anytime and the sub can take all damn day getting on the equipment?

THanks.

Communist sport. Never understood why the player without the ball can't go past the defense. Compare with basketball fast break and football receiver going past defender. Soccer not my generation. You younger guys can tear me up on this.

joben3
04-30-2014, 08:02 PM
Communist sport. Never understood why the player without the ball can't go past the defense. Compare with basketball fast break and football receiver going past defender. Soccer not my generation. You younger guys can tear me up on this.

It has been a while since I've been a referee, but 1. you can give a indirect free kick in the box, but the referee is supposed to get as close to 10 yards as possible so technically they should have been on the line. They key is the player asking the ref for 10 yards, then the ref has to then move them back as far as possible. 2. The sub is supposed to happen as fast as possible, with it being a goalie swap then it does warrant for a longer time. The referee is supposed to add stoppage time for the added time needed to make the swap.

fishwater99
05-02-2014, 12:23 PM
This...