PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh, Vandy - Franklin contacted victim in Vanderbilt rape case

mjh94
04-29-2014, 04:13 PM
Attorneys: James Franklin contacted victim in Vanderbilt rape case
(http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/crime/2014/04/29/james-franklin-allegation-surfaces-vandy-filing/8476049/?sf25591322=1)

Leroy Jenkins
04-29-2014, 04:16 PM
More like uh oh, Franklin.

Referring to records, the attorneys said the victim was contacted by Franklin and Galt during a medical examination four days after the rape to explain "that they cared about her because she assisted them with recruiting."

"Coach Franklin called her in for a private meeting and told her he wanted her to get fifteen pretty girls together and form a team to assist with the recruiting even though he knew it was against the rules. He added that all the other colleges did it."

How do the fighting Sandusky's of all people hire a guy in the middle of a rape scandal?

smootness
04-29-2014, 04:44 PM
This is bad news; college football as a whole needs such an enormous overhaul. And I don't mean 'stop policing anything' like many seem to; I mean the opposite.

A girl is brought in to assist in recruiting, then is allegedly raped by players, then the head coach contacts her? Yiiiiiiiikes. That is potentially (based on what it looks like, I obviously have no real information) as disgusting as it gets.

mjh94
04-29-2014, 04:55 PM
More like uh oh, Franklin.

well, one could argue that the Penn State scandal should've been "uh oh, sandusky" or "uh oh, paterno" or whoever else.. but, PSU got the hammer along with the coaches, administration, etc.

Political Hack
04-29-2014, 04:58 PM
I bet Penn State is loving this.***

Quaoarsking
04-29-2014, 05:01 PM
Penn State is such a cluster****. There have been rumors and innuendos about this for years, and Penn State of all schools knew (should've known??) they couldn't hire a guy that had anything like this possibly on its record. Those morons just don't get it.

BeardoMSU
04-29-2014, 05:02 PM
A girl is brought in to assist in recruiting, then is allegedly raped by players, then the head coach contacts her? Yiiiiiiiikes. That is potentially (based on what it looks like, I obviously have no real information) as disgusting as it gets.

Yeah, this doesn't bode well. Yiiiiiikes is an appropriate response.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-29-2014, 05:29 PM
Hmm. Id wait until the facts come out on this.

PassInterference
04-29-2014, 05:38 PM
No facts needed. Mob rules against sports authority figures.

smootness
04-30-2014, 08:19 AM

1) Please tell me you're not trying to defend Donald Sterling.

2) No one has said anything definitive here against Vandy or Franklin. We've simply said that this doesn't bode well, and you have to admit that what we know on the surface seems to indicate that at absolute best, something pretty slimy happened here.

DownwardDawg
04-30-2014, 08:34 AM
If I were the Penn State AD, I would have hired David Cutcliffe. He would have taken my offer. He is a great coach that comes with integrity and character. No baggage.

Political Hack
04-30-2014, 08:43 AM

that's a fact.

BulldogBear
04-30-2014, 08:53 AM
If I were the Penn State AD, I would have hired David Cutcliffe. He would have taken my offer. He is a great coach that comes with integrity and character. No baggage.

This^ ...I have actually kind of pulled for him since leaving UMiss anyway. They gave him the shaft. Made no sense. It was personal and he wasn't an "Ole Miss Guy."

Jack Lambert
04-30-2014, 08:59 AM
Franklin also said a few years ago he hires coaches based on what their wives look like. Nothing will come of this.

RossDawg82
04-30-2014, 09:33 AM
I don't think penny state can afford for anything to come of this. I promise the last thing that will happen is this gets swept under the rug.

Dawgface
04-30-2014, 10:09 AM
Franklin also said a few years ago he hires coaches based on what their wives look like. Nothing will come of this.

Hell, I used to hire office personel(females) based on looks. They always performed better than the ugly ones. ;)

Coach34
04-30-2014, 10:10 AM
Hugh Freezus just read scripture to the girls he brought in for Crootin. They recruit for The Lord

M.Fillmore
04-30-2014, 11:41 AM
State Penn is the only school that rivals Ole Miss in spinning zero character into virtue.