PDA

View Full Version : Comparing 2008 Florida and 2014 MSU Offenses

BeastMan
04-29-2014, 11:08 AM
http://3rdand57.com/comparing-offenses-of-2008-florida-and-2014-msu/

justwin
04-29-2014, 11:25 AM
Our WRS need to score TDs & our RBs need to do a bulk of the rushing to resemble that offense. Tebow threw 30 td passes...wow

Goat Holder
04-29-2014, 11:38 AM
Yeah, that's the big difference between Florida talent and MSU talent. Their guys score with the ball....the jump up and make plays at big times. Take this play by Robert Johnson at 24:40:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chd2otrgut0

Yeah, I know we scored soon after that, but Johnson has to take that ball to the house. The Florida WRs make that happen.

FISHDAWG
04-29-2014, 11:38 AM
Good read ...I'll bet Florida made more field goals than we will in 2014 but I think our defense will also be better than 08 Gators

Coach34
04-29-2014, 01:59 PM
Our WRS need to score TDs & our RBs need to do a bulk of the rushing to resemble that offense. Tebow threw 30 td passes...wow

Tebow had 176 carries in 2008- 32 more than Prescott- for 12.5 per game. Tebow threw 21.2 passes per game- Prescott averaged more than that last year

The biggest difference is Florida had high draft picks at WR- we dont. Riley Cooper, Percy Harvin, and Aaron Hernandez all showed they were good next level players. Derunnya may be the only WR we have that is capable of playing on the next level

Goat Holder
04-29-2014, 02:12 PM
Good read ...I'll bet Florida made more field goals than we will in 2014 but I think our defense will also be better than 08 Gators
I almost laughed when I read that.......but........I think it might be true.

WOOL

BeastMan
04-29-2014, 03:42 PM
It's really wild b/c Dak has a higher ceiling than Tebow skill-set wise. He doesn't have the skill position talent. It's not as unbalanced as you would think though outside of Percy Harvin. Of UF's true WRs, Riley Cooper has been the best pro but only had 18 catches in 08. In college, Mojo #'s can easily match those of Hernandez. Bear and Fred Ross are NFL talent guys we have on the outside who are as talented as Thompson & Murphy from 08. Percy Harvin speed is the difference maker in the 2 units assuming Dak improves as a passer/decision maker.

Goat Holder
04-29-2014, 03:53 PM
It's really wild b/c Dak has a higher ceiling than Tebow skill-set wise.
Whoa, now, let's ease back on the reigns a little bit there.

Bear and Fred Ross are NFL talent guys we have on the outside who are as talented as Thompson & Murphy from 08.
I think Bear can be as good as he wants to be, but I don't know where all the Fred Ross love comes from. I'm sure he's a good player, but the only thing that has been impressive about him is his 4 star rating.

BeastMan
04-29-2014, 04:05 PM
Whoa, now, let's ease back on the reigns a little bit there.

I think Dak has better arm strength, will have better accuracy when all said and done in college, and Dak is a better athlete/more dynamic runner. Does that mean he will have a better college career? Not at all. I'm just saying good potential is there. After all, Quay Evans has a higher ceiling skill-set wise than Nelson Adams but there is no question who will have a better career. Tools don't make the player but they are nice to have.