PDA

View Full Version : There are only 18 eligible schools that even have a schedule opening for 2016

BulldogBear
04-27-2014, 08:46 PM
PAC-12

Arizona
California
Oregon State
Southern Califonia

ACC

Boston College
Clemson
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Louisville
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Syracuse
Wake Forest

BIG 12

Kansas State
Oklahoma
Texas Tech
West Virginia

BIG TEN

Rutgers

ckDOG
04-27-2014, 08:49 PM
Certainly there will be some money shuffling around and a lot of schedule changing between now and '16.

ShotgunDawg
04-27-2014, 08:50 PM
We all know that we'll be playing Arizona in 2016 and 2017. This doesn't take rocket science to figure out.

The key at this point is to make sure that we play Arizona at home in 2016 and on the road in 2017. This ensures that we will have this home game in the years that we play Bama and LSU on the road, and it will be a road game when Bama and LSU are at home.

DawgSaint
04-27-2014, 09:04 PM
Certainly there will be some money shuffling around and a lot of schedule changing between now and '16.

Absolutely right after this news being announced

preachermatt83
04-27-2014, 09:26 PM
We all know that we'll be playing Arizona in 2016 and 2017. This doesn't take rocket science to figure out.

The key at this point is to make sure that we play Arizona at home in 2016 and on the road in 2017. This ensures that we will have this home game in the years that we play Bama and LSU on the road, and it will be a road game when Bama and LSU are at home.

I bet we wouldn't if Rich Rod had his way.. he has had all of a mullen coached team he wants I assure you. lol

War Machine Dawg
04-27-2014, 09:40 PM
Give me Syracuse, Wake, Cal, NC State, NC or BC on that list. Maybe GA Tech, cause revenge would be sweet. Don't want any part of Clemson, K-State, FSU, Oklahoma, or USC.

Dawg61
04-27-2014, 09:43 PM
I bet we wouldn't if Rich Rod had his way.. he has had all of a mullen coached team he wants I assure you. lol

I just threw up a little in my mouth remembering Rich Rod and West Virginia. Think he was up 35-0 on Croom in the 1st quarter at WVU. Croom sux

BulldogBear
04-27-2014, 10:02 PM
I've wanted UNC ever since I went to the Peach Bowl after the '92 season. Maybe I'll get my wish.

Dawg61
04-27-2014, 10:15 PM
I've wanted UNC ever since I went to the Peach Bowl after the '92 season. Maybe I'll get my wish.

I don't want UNC because I'm convinced they and VTech will be the final two teams added to the SEC. We'll get plenty of them later. Once the dollars get flashed that they're missing out on and we balk them into thinking NC State is getting the invite they'll be forced to join the SEC. At least that's how I've got it playing out in my mind. NC State is the better fit "culturally" though. The $50 million dollar fine won't stop shit. SECNetwork will pay that in a heartbeat to add a North Carolina school and the SECN HQ are conveniently located in Charlotte. Hmmm.... Sorry for the thread hijack.

DawgSaint
04-27-2014, 10:15 PM

I would think North Carolina or NC State would be likely choices for us. However, like most everyone else, I'm sure Scott and Greg have discussed adding Arizona

M.Fillmore
04-27-2014, 10:40 PM
Remember that according to Mike Slive, "LT is the scheduling guru."

Only LT could contrive something this goofy. As for MSU, bend over and grab your ankles.

BulldogBear
04-27-2014, 11:00 PM

Arizona's schedule fits this perfectly. They'll have 5 PAC12 home games in 2016 and 5 road games in 2017. Fits nicely to play at MSU in 2016 and home 2017. Gives them 5 home and 5 away each year...add a couple of UNLVs and Lumberjacks for 2 more and they still get 7 home games each year. More and more I wonder if this will be the first call SS makes.

ckDOG
04-27-2014, 11:24 PM
Arizona's schedule fits this perfectly. They'll have 5 PAC12 home games in 2016 and 5 road games in 2017. Fits nicely to play at MSU in 2016 and home 2017. Gives them 5 home and 5 away each year...add a couple of UNLVs and Lumberjacks for 2 more and they still get 7 home games each year. More and more I wonder if this will be the first call SS makes.

Let's make it happen. I'll go to the Tuscon game. Wouldn't mind visiting the city and this would be a good reason to do it.

Todd4State
04-27-2014, 11:34 PM

This makes a lot of sense. I'd be surprised if it doesn't happen.

Todd4State
04-27-2014, 11:35 PM

Only LT could contrive something this goofy. As for MSU, bend over and grab your ankles.

I had the exact same thought.

dickiedawg
04-28-2014, 11:12 AM
Only LT could contrive something this goofy.

I don't think it's "goofy" at all. To me, it makes sense for several reasons.
1. Reduce "cupcake" games that noone wants to watch, maximizing potential revenue for SECN. (I wouldn't be shocked if they try to ban 1AA scheduling in the future)
2. Increase SOS. Helps in the eyes of the committee, in case the league is in a position to get 2 teams in the playoff.
3. To some degree, level the playing field for teams that are already playing BCS OOC teams every year.

In 2013, exactly ONE team did not have a BCS-level OOC opponent. That's Texas A&M. The other 13 teams played a total of 17 BCS teams, with South Carolina playing 3 (UCF, though a BCS conference team in 2013, would not qualify under the new rule.)

Johnson85
04-28-2014, 11:33 AM

There is literally no one I know in real life who (a) has a job where they are actually allowed to make decisions and (b) would be dumb enough to publicly announce this policy without giving all the schools at least 12 months to get into compliance. So yes, maybe this does have LT's fingerprints on it.

Johnson85
04-28-2014, 11:34 AM
I don't want UNC because I'm convinced they and VTech will be the final two teams added to the SEC. We'll get plenty of them later. Once the dollars get flashed that they're missing out on and we balk them into thinking NC State is getting the invite they'll be forced to join the SEC. At least that's how I've got it playing out in my mind. NC State is the better fit "culturally" though. The $50 million dollar fine won't stop shit. SECNetwork will pay that in a heartbeat to add a North Carolina school and the SECN HQ are conveniently located in Charlotte. Hmmm.... Sorry for the thread hijack.

I think the buyout of the new ACC contract makes it impractical for any ACC member to jump ship for the SEC. Even with SEC network money.

PassInterference
04-28-2014, 11:41 AM
This is about money. It is also about the big 5 conferences getting more in bed with each other.

HailState39110
04-28-2014, 12:17 PM
BC, Wake, Syracuse, & Rutgers should all be contacted before I called Byrne and struck a deal with Arizona . With Slive's comments about creating a scheduling alliance with the ACC it would be in BC, Wakes, and Syracuse's best interests to work with us. Wake has played Vanderbilt for a number of years so I could see them renewing that. BC usually schedules Notre Dame so I'm not sure how much interests is there . Syracuse seems like a good target for us to pursue something with

Edited to add: Syracuse plays Notre Dame in 2016 and BC does not, so BC may be a better scheduling target

BulldogBear
04-28-2014, 12:39 PM
I wonder if the price you can get for your extra USM game tickets will at quite a premium. We may not play them again for 30 years this time.