PDA

View Full Version : The Melt...

engie
04-26-2014, 08:43 PM
We aren't going to host boys. This regular season has been a disappointment in so many ways. If we are being honest, almost none of our guys have thusfar lived up to expectations. Pirtle is really the one that comes to mind that has surpassed them.

Good news is that we'll make a regional -- and Cohen teams generally play better when they have no chance. We still haven't managed to put it all together. We are a veteran team with the immaturity and mentality of a young team right now. It is what it is. When things go badly, you overanalyze and find fault with everyone and every situation. It's redundant and pointless.

At this point, we might as well set our sights to the postseason. We can still put it together and beat anyone in the country.

BeastMan
04-26-2014, 09:58 PM
My underwhelming baseball mind says our bats suck and that is the issue. Seems like our pitchers pitch their butt off, but with the weight of the world on their shoulders. If that makes sense

Todd4State
04-26-2014, 10:14 PM
My underwhelming baseball mind says our bats suck and that is the issue. Seems like our pitchers pitch their butt off, but with the weight of the world on their shoulders. If that makes sense

We've been hitting better lately. Our team batting average has gone up over 10 points in two weeks. I think we lack power. Our pitching as a whole on the season has been OK. I think we are struggling a little bit in part because of injuries.

I think what engie said is a good word to describe our issues- and that's immaturity. Whether that's in the form of dealing with the success from last season or in the form of team leadership a lot of what has gone on has been because of immaturity.

CJDAWG85
04-26-2014, 10:41 PM
It's clutch hitting. We simply don't have it. 5 of their 6 runs were with 2 outs today I believe. We left 7 runners in scoring position. There's the problem.

maroonmania
04-26-2014, 11:01 PM
We are an average SEC team right now and that's all we are. That's still pretty good but with our anemic offense we just have no room for error. I mean today if you take away the run A&M got with the chopper that went right over Heck's glove into the outfield in the first and the 2 runs after it looked like Bracewell had the strikeout to end the inning then we potentially win 4-3. But that's just it, average teams have NO room for error. But all in all the series was lost when Mitchell came out and didn't give us a quality start. I'm really not sure how many SEC series we can win where we don't get high quality pitching from Ross. Fitts did a good job but you can't count on that every week and we all know its just a crap shoot for us in the third game of the series where we are basically piecemealing things together. Actually A&M scored the least amount of runs on the third game on us today in the last 4 weeks. We HAVE to have offense on the traditional "Sunday" game (though this weekend's wasn't on Sunday) to have much chance to win and today we didn't get enough of it. 4 runs won't win many rubber games for us in the SEC.

Todd4State
04-26-2014, 11:08 PM
We need to give Fitts a longer leash. It's like he goes three innings and then he gives up a hit and gets pulled. The weather actually allowed us to throw him a little bit longer- and he did well.

Ross might need to start to think about changing how he patterns his pitches.

I hope we scrap Preston for this year and just go ahead with Woodruff on Sunday.

Goat Holder
04-26-2014, 11:09 PM
Thanks for giving everyone permission to form their opinions. I love how when people were saying this earlier you chastised them like you're some kind of ring leader of the fan base. Now it's OK to call things like they are, huh.

Engine rides again

Saltydog
04-27-2014, 09:35 AM
nt