PDA

View Full Version : Reed/orvis

msstate7
04-26-2014, 01:38 PM
These two are 1 and 2 in the sec in hr's. Reed has 3 in the series now for 19 total. Orvis has 2 for 11 total.

I really wish we had a power threat.

Before you tell they're playing in little park think back to Orvis' shot at dudy noble. Both of these guys are legit.

GrassOfDWS
04-26-2014, 01:42 PM
These two are 1 and 2 in the sec in hr's. Reed has 3 in the series now for 19 total. Orvis has 2 for 11 total.

Before you tell they're playing in little park think back to Orvis' shot at dudy noble. Both of these guys are legit.

Wes Rea was supposed to develop into that type of HR hitter, and everyone thought it was going to happen after all the solid strides he made last year. Instead, we are getting the Wes Rea of his freshman year.

smootness
04-26-2014, 02:31 PM
Obviously they're legit, but the park still obviously helps their numbers...thus their numbers in this series.

maroonmania
04-26-2014, 02:32 PM
We just don't do the little things. Terrible botched play on that chopper.

msstate7
04-26-2014, 02:36 PM
Obviously they're legit, but the park still obviously helps their numbers...thus their numbers in this series.

Orvis has a 15-game sec hit streak. I'm jealous of the kid...

TheRef
04-26-2014, 02:41 PM
Pirtle, according to Paul Jones, has a 51-game SEC On-base streak. That's legit. And a 14-game hitting streak.

engie

I wish we had it too. We will going forward IMO... If Cohen would unleash them together...

If you want a bit of a sick feeling, check out Nick Flair's Juco numbers. Of course, his defense has been really bad though...

msstate7
Pirtle, according to Paul Jones, has a 50-game SEC hit streak.

Think it's reach safely streak. Very impressive though...

msstate7
04-26-2014, 02:43 PM
I wish we had it too. We will going forward IMO... If Cohen would unleash them together...

If you want a bit of a sick feeling, check out Nick Flair's Juco numbers. Of course, his defense has been really bad though...

Yep. What are our dh numbers this year? Pretty sure flair would have better

Political Hack
04-26-2014, 02:44 PM
Reed should be national player of the year. the guy is on a whole different level. he's going to be a stud in the majors very quickly.

War Machine Dawg
04-26-2014, 02:50 PM

That's why there's a "position" known as DH. Wish Cohen would check it out and realize it's to get a badass power hitter who sucks on D into the lineup, not an extra midget slap hitter who's prone to K or popup.

RougeDawg
04-26-2014, 03:28 PM
Wes Rea was supposed to develop into that type of HR hitter, and everyone thought it was going to happen after all the solid strides he made last year. Instead, we are getting the Wes Rea of his freshman year.

I will say it again. Rea does not have two key factors this year, that allow him to get many more hitable pitches. 1) Frazier getting on base about half of the time - pressure on pitcher to throw strikes, mainly fastballs. 2. Renfroe one of best hitters in NCAA - got on base a lot and was a threat every AB. Got pitched around a lot. Rea came up a lot with runners on base = more pitches to hit. It's plain and simple to anyone who understands baseball.

This year we have no threat around Rea, and pitchers just pitch him soft away and then bust him hard in. He's shown that he struggles with off speed pitches away, and pitchers have no other reason to do anything else. We dont have any hitters that scare pitchers, so it will continue to happen.

smootness
04-26-2014, 04:52 PM
Reed should be national player of the year. the guy is on a whole different level. he's going to be a stud in the majors very quickly.

Interestingly, he's only viewed as a borderline 1st-rounder as of now.

Todd4State
04-26-2014, 06:10 PM

This. Although Rea has at least been hitting the ball a lot better lately. Hopefully that's the start of better things.