PDA

View Full Version : Tim Brewster on Dak Prescott & Dan Mullen

Out of Bounds
04-25-2014, 03:45 PM
Guys, Tim Brewster jumped on The Out of Bounds show today...
Podcast: http://*******/1eXbfjL

Thanks,
Bo

preachermatt83
04-26-2014, 09:47 AM
nice listen. I really like Tim and he is a true "good guy" . Wish we still had him.

engie
04-26-2014, 09:54 AM
I heard it live, and it was a tremendous segment. That's one coach that left that I can harbor no ill will toward whatsoever. Hope he gets another chance at a head job somewhere...

I was shocked to find out that Jimbo is now 5-1 vs the SEC -- so much so that I fact checked it. Seems like just yesterday that Florida was knocking them off relatively easily every year. Not anymore. I know there's zero chance it'll ever happen now -- but man, that is an SEC school through and through. As is Clemson.

preachermatt83
04-26-2014, 10:14 AM
I heard it live, and it was a tremendous segment. That's one coach that left that I can harbor no ill will toward whatsoever. Hope he gets another chance at a head job somewhere...

I was shocked to find out that Jimbo is now 5-1 vs the SEC -- so much so that I fact checked it. Seems like just yesterday that Florida was knocking them off relatively easily every year. Not anymore. I know there's zero chance it'll ever happen now -- but man, that is an SEC school through and through. As is Clemson.

Agree with every word said. As a matter of fact I wanted Clemson over Mizzou when we expanded.

War Machine Dawg
04-26-2014, 10:17 AM
Agree with every word said. As a matter of fact I wanted Clemson over Mizzou when we expanded.

Absolutely. My question is how long do we have to wait to add a North Carolina & Virginia school? We all know it's happening, so just get it done already. It shouldn't be that hard.

msstate7
04-26-2014, 11:37 AM

Missouri is a much larger tv market. That's why slive went after mizzou

preachermatt83
04-26-2014, 11:45 AM
Missouri is a much larger tv market. That's why slive went after mizzou

yea, it was obvious they wanted that St. Louis market.

missouridawg
04-26-2014, 12:13 PM
yea, it was obvious they wanted that St. Louis market.

Don't forget about KC and Springfield either. There's good money in both of those cities too.

engie
04-26-2014, 12:27 PM
Absolutely. My question is how long do we have to wait to add a North Carolina & Virginia school? We all know it's happening, so just get it done already. It shouldn't be that hard.

With the grant of rights finally getting done in the ACC, it's probably going to be awhile. How hard we push/when we push is probably going to depend on what percentage of households we can get the SECNetwork on the primary tier in those states currently. They have 6-7 of the top 25 college football TV markets in the country -- and they obviously aren't tuning in solely for ACC games. We've made strategic moves to try to make this happen up there without actually grabbing teams, with the new bowl up there, the SECNetwork being stationed there, more bowls against the ACC, etc...

This is why the SECNetwork is going to be an untouchable monster(College Football Viewing Markets):
Bold is current SEC Markets -- Italics are targeted SEC markets in NC, VA, and OK

Top 25 Markets for 2013
No. 1 Birmingham: 9.2 rating
No. 2 Greenville: 4.9 rating
No. 3 Knoxville: 4.4 rating
No. 4 New Orleans: 4.3 rating
No. 5 Nashville: 3.3 rating
Memphis: 3.3 rating
Columbus: 3.3 rating
Jacksonville: 3.3 rating
No. 9 Louisville: 3.2 rating
Atlanta: 3.2 rating
No. 11 Charlotte: 2.9 rating
No. 12 Oklahoma City: 2.8 rating
No. 13 Orlando: 2.7 rating
No. 14 Tulsa: 2.6 rating
Tampa-St. Petersburg: 2.6 rating
No. 16 Austin: 2.5 rating
West Palm Beach: 2.5 rating
No. 18 Kansas City: 2.4 rating
Norfolk: 2.4 rating
No. 20 Dayton: 2.3 rating
No. 21 Greensboro: 2.2 rating
No. 22 Raleigh-Durham: 2.2 rating
Richmond: 2.2 rating
No. 24 Ft. Myers: 2.1 rating
No. 25 Dallas-Ft. Worth: 2.0 rating

We've already got 15 of the top 25 college football markets in the country -- and we're basically chasing after 8 more. Really only Dayton and Columbus, Ohio are outside of our grasp...

PassInterference
04-26-2014, 02:13 PM
Good interview. Would listen again.

PS: its also on the Out Of Bounds app.

Political Hack
04-26-2014, 02:51 PM
With the grant of rights finally getting done in the ACC, it's probably going to be awhile. How hard we push/when we push is probably going to depend on what percentage of households we can get the SECNetwork on the primary tier in those states currently. They have 6-7 of the top 25 college football TV markets in the country -- and they obviously aren't tuning in solely for ACC games. We've made strategic moves to try to make this happen up there without actually grabbing teams, with the new bowl up there, the SECNetwork being stationed there, more bowls against the ACC, etc...

This is why the SECNetwork is going to be an untouchable monster(College Football Viewing Markets):
Bold is current SEC Markets -- Italics are targeted SEC markets in NC, VA, and OK

Top 25 Markets for 2013
No. 1 Birmingham: 9.2 rating
No. 2 Greenville: 4.9 rating
No. 3 Knoxville: 4.4 rating
No. 4 New Orleans: 4.3 rating
No. 5 Nashville: 3.3 rating
Memphis: 3.3 rating
Columbus: 3.3 rating
Jacksonville: 3.3 rating
No. 9 Louisville: 3.2 rating
Atlanta: 3.2 rating
No. 11 Charlotte: 2.9 rating
No. 12 Oklahoma City: 2.8 rating
No. 13 Orlando: 2.7 rating
No. 14 Tulsa: 2.6 rating
Tampa-St. Petersburg: 2.6 rating
No. 16 Austin: 2.5 rating
West Palm Beach: 2.5 rating
No. 18 Kansas City: 2.4 rating
Norfolk: 2.4 rating
No. 20 Dayton: 2.3 rating
No. 21 Greensboro: 2.2 rating
No. 22 Raleigh-Durham: 2.2 rating
Richmond: 2.2 rating
No. 24 Ft. Myers: 2.1 rating
No. 25 Dallas-Ft. Worth: 2.0 rating

We've already got 15 of the top 25 college football markets in the country -- and we're basically chasing after 8 more. Really only Dayton and Columbus, Ohio are outside of our grasp...

they add Clemson, Virginia, Oklahoma, and N. Carolina and one conference owns 23 of the top 25 markets. That's unreal. I think Tulsa would even have to be considered if OU was scared to compete. Eventually, Tulsa would pass OU just through it's membership in the conference. It would also potentially force OU's hand in joining.