PDA

View Full Version : Fitts

msstate7
04-25-2014, 11:37 AM
Did he earn a longer chain last night?

He showed me he can battle thru adversity and right the ship. I really hope so bc we need more out of our starters

War Machine Dawg
04-25-2014, 02:23 PM
I'd have given him a longer leash a long time ago. Dude battles and we need that in the rotation.

MetEdDawg
04-25-2014, 03:57 PM
That was 100% weather related. He's pitched good before, but Cohen's philosophy is 3rd time through the batters have a clear advantage. With weather on the horizon, he didn't want another pitcher to come in and potentially be lost for today with 2 games maybe being played. Fitts cruising plus weather on the horizon equaled rolling with Fitts until it was absolutely necessary to change. Don't even think we had anyone in the bullpen. He hadn't pitched 9 total innings in his last 3 starts combined, so I really think him going 6 innings was more weather related and not necessarily Fitts pitching great, even though he did.

That being said, Fitts was pretty damn good and I think will earn the shot at getting more 3rd time through the lineup opportunities. He's got the stuff you need to be successful against a lineup the 3rd time. Good FB, good Changeup, and 2 breaking balls, a 12-6 and something a little sharper. That's a pretty solid repertoire right there and it's pretty clear he can command them all much better. He's going to get a lot more longer opportunities if he can continue what he did last night.

preachermatt83
04-26-2014, 09:49 AM
best overall start performance of Fitts career in my opinion.