PDA

View Full Version : Rea

justwin
04-24-2014, 11:10 PM
Watched some if the game tonight. It doesn't look like he uses his legs at all. His back foot doesn't seem to rotate. I could be wrong but looks like all upper body. Maybe some of the baseball guys can chime in.

MsStateBaseball
04-25-2014, 05:56 AM
He would definitely benefit from pro ball batting coaches. He has issues. But last at bat was right, hit the first pitch fastball.

shoeless joe
04-25-2014, 06:39 AM
Mechanical flaws are not rea's biggest issues. Tho se minor tweaking wouldn't hurt. He's a guess hitter. If he doesn't get the pitch he thinks he's gettin he'll take or look foolish swinging.

preachermatt83
04-25-2014, 09:25 AM
he needs to be on the bench. We are a better team without him starting.

maroonmania
04-25-2014, 11:52 AM
I don't know what is going on with him. Even if you ignore the offensive slump, he WAS a stellar defender last year but now he seems to be having trouble fielding relatively routine ground balls. We would be up 4-0 in the game from last night if Rea had just fielded the ball hit RIGHT to him that put the A&M leadoff man on in the 5th. Had the fielding error in the Jackson game midweek as well.

CJDAWG85
04-25-2014, 12:04 PM
Not making excuses for him, but I remember what it was like to go through a slump. It seems to me that everything has turned mental with him. Whether it be the terrible slump at the plate, or the fielding mistakes the past 2 games. When you let the negativity get in your head, routine plays you would normally make turn into bad errors. He needs to forget everything. Have fun and play baseball. It will work itself out.

Hypnodawg
04-25-2014, 12:20 PM
Not making excuses for him, but I remember what it was like to go through a slump. It seems to me that everything has turned mental with him. Whether it be the terrible slump at the plate, or the fielding mistakes the past 2 games. When you let the negativity get in your head, routine plays you would normally make turn into bad errors. He needs to forget everything. Have fun and play baseball. It will work itself out.

^^^^THIS^^^

I wonder how many players (any sport) would benefit from a therapist. Getting your head right can be tough.

Lloyd Christmas
04-25-2014, 12:22 PM
Watched some if the game tonight. It doesn't look like he uses his legs at all. His back foot doesn't seem to rotate. I could be wrong but looks like all upper body. Maybe some of the baseball guys can chime in.

His mechanics are definitely shitty. He has a miserable stance for his size. Doesn't get any power from his body.

drunkernhelldawg
04-25-2014, 12:56 PM
^^^^THIS^^^

I wonder how many players (any sport) would benefit from a therapist. Getting your head right can be tough.

nuttin' tougher.

CJDAWG85
04-25-2014, 08:42 PM
Look at him!