PDA

View Full Version : What the word on the new baseball commit?

AlSwearengen
04-24-2014, 01:13 PM
A junior from Desoto Central by the name of Brant Blaylock.

smootness
04-24-2014, 01:21 PM
Another Dulin guy. I'm assuming he's really good, just because I don't remember the last baseball commit we got that wasn't.

messageboardsuperhero
04-24-2014, 01:32 PM
Another class of 2015 commit from Desoto Central (same school and class as Austin Riley and Keegan James). I don't know much else about him though.

Todd4State
04-24-2014, 01:32 PM
Commits to MSU. He's 6'2", hitting .407 with 1 home run and 10 stolen bases. His K/BB ratio is 16/16. He has a very strong outfield arm and is very athletic.

He's a junior this year and hits right handed.

Todd4State
04-24-2014, 01:39 PM
I guess the powers that be can merge the thread that I started. He is a very good athlete. His arm in extremely strong and he can run. He has a good frame to put on some muscle and hopefully add some power. He's 6'2", but he's only 185 and he's just a junior in high school. So, the thing I want to see is him get stronger, increase his bat speed and add some power and if he does that then he could be I daresay a five tool player. Currently, he has only one home run but next year I'd like to see him hit 5 or so while increasing his batting average.

If he doesn't add power, he's going to be a guy that plays great defense and steals bases.

BankerDog
04-24-2014, 01:58 PM
PG says he throws 96. Off topic, but Dulin's son plays for Ole Miss which I thought was interesting.

chainedup_Dawg
04-24-2014, 02:01 PM
Also saw where he has 28 RS and 22 RBI in 25 games, I'll take that

ETA: "Yeah, but can he effin bunt?" - Will James**

MsStateBaseball
04-24-2014, 04:02 PM
We get these guys kinda young but they still have growing to do. We must get the top Miss talent and he should be Dandy Dozen his senior year. Plus DC is a powerhouse baseball program, so we need to keep the train going. We can always supplement the roster with excellent JC guys.

Todd4State
04-24-2014, 04:05 PM
PG says he throws 96. Off topic, but Dulin's son plays for Ole Miss which I thought was interesting.

Are you sure you're looking at the right player? I'm seeing 87 on PG.

Tim Dulin is sympathetic to Ole Miss, but several of his players have played and some are going to play for us. We do need to recruit Memphis, but we can't expect to live off of Memphis.

Todd4State
04-24-2014, 04:09 PM
We get these guys kinda young but they still have growing to do. We must get the top Miss talent and he should be Dandy Dozen his senior year. Plus DC is a powerhouse baseball program, so we need to keep the train going. We can always supplement the roster with excellent JC guys.

We probably have at least half of the Dandy Dozen committed for next year. Austin Riley, Luke Alexander, Jake Mangum, Noah Hughes, Keegan James, and now Brant Blaylock. Hunter Stovall who some of us were talking about on here is also in that class. For the 2015 class we probably need to start looking to fill it out with out of state players since we have basically cleaned it out already- unless someone emerges in Mississippi soon.

Big4Dawg
04-24-2014, 04:35 PM
Are you sure you're looking at the right player? I'm seeing 87 on PG.

Tim Dulin is sympathetic to Ole Miss, but several of his players have played and some are going to play for us. We do need to recruit Memphis, but we can't expect to live off of Memphis.

He was probably looking at "93rd percentile"

Todd4State
04-24-2014, 04:46 PM
He was probably looking at "93rd percentile"

I think you are correct.