PDA

View Full Version : Siddoway and Jordan Washington arrested for burglary.

godlluB
04-24-2014, 12:06 PM
The Starkville Daily News just tweeted this:

NFL prospect Charles Siddoway and MSU football player Jordan Washington arrested in residential burglary. More details forthcoming.

godlluB
04-24-2014, 12:09 PM
Bonner is now reporting that MSU has confirmed the arrests, but is trying to confirm why.

Also from Bonner:
Dan Mullen: “We are aware of the situation. Jordan Washington has been suspended indefinitely from our team pending further investigation.”

Coach34
04-24-2014, 12:09 PM
We were due for some dumb shit- there it is

BulldogBear
04-24-2014, 12:10 PM
face palm

BeastMan
04-24-2014, 12:10 PM
Goodbye Washingtom. He should be done IMO

ETA- I'm not against someone giving him a 2nd chance somewhere else but there are consequences for mistakes like that.

RossDawg82
04-24-2014, 12:11 PM
Didn't like him anyway

RattStevens
04-24-2014, 12:12 PM
Damnit - why are people stealing MY headlines!

godlluB
04-24-2014, 12:14 PM
http://sdnmsu.wordpress.com/2014/04/24/blog-msu-football-players-siddoway-washington-arrested/

Political Hack
04-24-2014, 12:14 PM
"stop breaking the law a-hole"

bulldawg28
04-24-2014, 12:15 PM
Oh well, I hope he gets it together.....Next!!!!

smootness
04-24-2014, 12:15 PM
It doesn't get any dumber than this.

ShotgunDawg
04-24-2014, 12:16 PM
This is why it's fun to poke the Rebs in the ribs about their troubles and point out facts, but never claim moral superiority because that will always come back to bite you in the ass.

Hopefully this wakes up and scares others on the team.

chef dixon
04-24-2014, 12:16 PM
It's because they go to bed hungry.

RC3
04-24-2014, 12:17 PM
Up to 25 years on residential burglary. Hope there's nothing to it

hailmari
04-24-2014, 12:17 PM
I haven't seen him play, but I have feeling we'd be just fine missing him this year. We need the extra spot and we have other, younger guys coming in.

starkvegasdawg
04-24-2014, 12:19 PM
I'm sure that half the bears on Nafoom are trying to get to their keyboards as fast as they can zip their pants back up after getting this news to all type what a hypocrite we are for laughing at one of their players everytime one gets arrested. Difference is Mullen came out and acknowleged it and basically kicked the guy off the team within about 5 minutes of it happening. Bucky denies it happens and once he can deny it any more sends out some internal university review team to "investigate" and come back and say there is no evidence.

Covercorner2
04-24-2014, 12:24 PM
Helps with numbers. Addition by subtraction.

whosyourdawgy
04-24-2014, 12:25 PM
How damn stupid can Siddoway be? The NFL draft is when? Not saying he'd get drafted too high, but a burglary arrest before the draft will more than likely make him a free agent pick up for certain.

Lloyd Christmas
04-24-2014, 12:33 PM
How damn stupid can Siddoway be? The NFL draft is when? Not saying he'd get drafted too high, but a burglary arrest before the draft will more than likely make him a free agent pick up for certain.

Hard to get picked up as a free agent if you are in prison. What a dumbass he is.

whosyourdawgy
04-24-2014, 12:40 PM
I met he and his mother on an elevator in Gulfport in March when I was there for a soccer tourney with my son. Had on my MSU gear and he said Hailstate to me. His mom then told me that he played for the Bulldogs and I had to ask his name. Nice, polite, yes sir. His mom was super nice. I hate he's made such a dumb decision. I mean he's been in school for 4-5 years working for graduation and the chance at the NFL. And he does this? It almost is too damn stupid to believe

HoopsDawg
04-24-2014, 01:02 PM
Remember, we are talking the Starkville PD here. It could have been Siddoway's house for all we know. If Washington is gone, that solves our 85 scholarship issue.

PassInterference
04-24-2014, 01:02 PM
Nothing to this. I heard it was just his roommate.

TimberBeast
04-24-2014, 01:18 PM
Up to 25 years on residential burglary. Hope there's nothing to it

He should move to Meridian then, they are usually out quick enough to rob another house in the same week.

smootness
04-24-2014, 01:20 PM
Nothing to this. I heard it was just his roommate.

Let's hope it's nothing overly serious, but regardless it isn't good. It's not that hard to not get arrested.

deltadawg99
04-24-2014, 01:33 PM
Washington and Quay will make a good tandem at West Georgia next year.

LC Dawg
04-24-2014, 01:43 PM
What is robbery by threats?

BankerDog
04-24-2014, 01:56 PM
Washington was one I thought might be making a move somewhere else along with scrimmage hall of famer John Harris.

FISHDAWG
04-24-2014, 01:59 PM
[QUOTE=ShotgunDawg;167769]This is why it's fun to poke the Rebs in the ribs about their troubles and point out facts, but never claim moral superiority because that will always come back to bite you in the ass.

AMEN ..... I never really understood the delight in reveling over UM's player issues ... yeah, it might be fun for just a little while but this worm ALWAYS turns and it sucks when it does

thf24
04-24-2014, 02:38 PM
This is why it's fun to poke the Rebs in the ribs about their troubles and point out facts, but never claim moral superiority because that will always come back to bite you in the ass.

There's a difference though. Mullen's quote: "We are aware of the situation. Jordan Washington has been suspended indefinitely from our team pending further investigation."

versus Ole Miss's repeated "We've already looked into the situation and found no wrong doing," which is usually issued only after the given incident comes to light. Student athletes are going to goof up anywhere; the defining characteristic of these situations is how the organization deals with them.

PassInterference
04-24-2014, 03:23 PM
There's a difference though. Mullen's quote: "We are aware of the situation. Jordan Washington has been suspended indefinitely from our team pending further investigation."

versus Ole Miss's repeated "We've already looked into the situation and found no wrong doing," which is usually issued only after the given incident comes to light. Student athletes are going to goof up anywhere; the defining characteristic of these situations is how the organization deals with them.

Ole Miss would either immediately find no wrong doing or they would wait on the any punishment at all until all the investigation is complete.

Bothrops
04-24-2014, 04:40 PM
I hate this, and I feel like we were overdue for something. But we don't need to lose anyone else from the DL. We lose a lot next year and need more tackles and ends to replace starting roles.

Johnson85
04-24-2014, 05:06 PM

Hopefully this is a huge misunderstanding. If not, hard to imagine what the hell kids like this are thinking. What kind of money do they think they're going to get from robbing somebody? And if it is true, I hope he's gone. I'm all about second chances and am fine with Mullen keeping players on after a few mistakes as long as they dont' start negatively affecting their teammates, but if it is robbery and not burglary, toss his ass. Property crimes are bad enough but if we have a player threatening physical harm to people to take their money, MSU is not the place for him to get his shit together.

Dawgcentral
04-24-2014, 05:36 PM
Not sure what "robbery by threat" indicates exactly, but I would think it's when two guys of their size let you believe they will bounce you off of the street several times unless you hand over your cash and valuables.
I think CDM handled it well. Immediate suspension. Gather facts then toss their asses. Good time to send a message.

drunkernhelldawg
04-24-2014, 08:32 PM
Hopefully this is a huge misunderstanding. If not, hard to imagine what the hell kids like this are thinking. What kind of money do they think they're going to get from robbing somebody? And if it is true, I hope he's gone. I'm all about second chances and am fine with Mullen keeping players on after a few mistakes as long as they dont' start negatively affecting their teammates, but if it is robbery and not burglary, toss his ass. Property crimes are bad enough but if we have a player threatening physical harm to people to take their money, MSU is not the place for him to get his shit together.

spot on. It's a damn shame.

justwin
04-24-2014, 11:18 PM
Yes, it's Starkville PD at the end if the day. Not jumping to conclusions but Will be interesting what he stole.

QUOTE=HoopsDawg;167798]Remember, we are talking the Starkville PD here. It could have been Siddoway's house for all we know. If Washington is gone, that solves our 85 scholarship issue.[/QUOTE]

hells bells
04-25-2014, 09:30 AM
He should move to Meridian then, they are usually out quick enough to rob another house in the same week.

You speak the truth.

blacklistedbully
04-25-2014, 02:32 PM

In some states it's called, "Strong Arm Robbery", meaning there was no weapon involved.