PDA

View Full Version : So will Stans head to USM...

fishwater99
04-23-2014, 08:18 AM
You would think that would be a good fit for him and the Buzzards...
If he can't get that job he will never coach again..

Dawg61
04-23-2014, 08:24 AM
Honestly we don't want Stansbury at USM. He will own Jackson, the coast and New Orleans recruiting.

Political Hack
04-23-2014, 08:33 AM
Honestly we don't want Stansbury at USM. He will own Jackson, the coast and New Orleans recruiting.

agreed.

Coach34
04-23-2014, 09:18 AM
Best chance Stands has at getting another decent job.

I disagree on recruiting. The Nasty Bunch doesn't have the system in place to recruit like he did at State. Plus, he is not going to get any big time recruits to go to Southern Miss even if they do pony up. We're talking about a guy that went to 2 NCAA Tourneys in his last 7 seasons at State- and that was with his network in full damn force.

And when you get a sub-par floor coach with average talent- you will see him languish at Southern and collect a check for 5 years

MadDawg
04-23-2014, 09:29 AM
You would think that would be a good fit for him and the Buzzards...
If he can't get that job he will never coach again..

I don't know it Stans will end up at USM or not. It might not be the right situation for him and they may not be interested. But it is the right level of a program for Stansbury to get back into coaching.

slickdawg
04-23-2014, 09:32 AM
It speaks volumes - Tennessee had a chance to hire a guy that recruits their state well, is from Kentucky, has SEC coaching experience, and he wasn't in their top 5.

fishwater99
04-23-2014, 09:37 AM
It would be interesting to watch for sure...

ckDOG
04-23-2014, 09:40 AM
Best chance Stands has at getting another decent job.

I disagree on recruiting. The Nasty Bunch doesn't have the system in place to recruit like he did at State. Plus, he is not going to get any big time recruits to go to Southern Miss even if they do pony up. We're talking about a guy that went to 2 NCAA Tourneys in his last 7 seasons at State- and that was with his network in full damn force.

And when you get a sub-par floor coach with average talent- you will see him languish at Southern and collect a check for 5 years

Agree. Not much to fear really. Our performance will be 100x more affected by Ray and our fans/boosters than anything Rick does at USM.

engie
04-23-2014, 09:52 AM
What's going to be funny is the spin put on it if/when he doesn't get that job. It's already started with a couple of loyal Stans followers questioning whether he would have interest in that job...

Dawgbreeze on SPS yesterday:

I would continue to support MSU
But rest assured, he would kick our ass in recruiting. I think it is a moot point. Can't see him wanting to go to the Buzzards.

Fact is -- there are still bigger name coaches out there that are currently considered "toxic" -- just like the last 2 that USM has hired and allowed to rehab their image...

Coach34
04-23-2014, 10:12 AM
That's hilarious from Dawggeezer

Stands hired a firm to help market his name and get him a job- hell, he even went overseas recruiting- and so far- no takers.

Brad Stevens
04-23-2014, 10:25 AM

I hope he goes to Southern. Would be a good move for him. And as far as him owning the Jackson and coast - is that a problem? Outside Newman this next year, who has come out of those areas that Stansbury has signed that has been successfull since Monta Ellis? All of our best players the last ten years or so have been out of state guys -- with Stansbury AND Ray. Zimmerman, Roberts, Power, Frazier, Gordon, Varnado, Stewart, Bost, Sword, etc. The exception (and only one) is Timmy Bowers who was many years ago and seems to be a statistical anamoly. But good thing we got Sidney from the Jackson-area **

BulldogBear
04-23-2014, 10:37 AM

Kind of in the back of my mind as well. I don't know about "owning" but I believe if would be felt in Oxford and Starkville.

coastdoglover
04-23-2014, 10:45 AM
You are a lying s o b. I never said that once and as far as I know he hasn't applied for any job. He has more money than any of us and doesn't sit on a computer all day acting like a coach.

That's hilarious from Dawggeezer

Stands hired a firm to help market his name and get him a job- hell, he even went overseas recruiting- and so far- no takers.

Homedawg
04-23-2014, 11:10 AM
You are a lying s o b. I never said that once and as far as I know he hasn't applied for any job. He has more money than any of us and doesn't sit on a computer all day acting like a coach.

No one "applies" for a job like that. Your agent throws your name out and either there are takers and interest or there isn't. I have no clue if rs wants that job or not. However, he won't be applying for anything, doesn't work that way.

tcdog70
04-23-2014, 11:11 AM

hammer meet nail

Coach34
04-23-2014, 11:13 AM

what? What am I lying about?

and while he may not have actually filled out a job app- he has damn sure tried to get in the running for some jobs. He damn near jerked off Jacobs trying to get in the mix for Auburn. I know he had dinner with Jacobs and I know who was at the table that night. So don't come here with that bullshit. You and I both know he wants a coaching job so bad he can't stand it- and it has nothing to do with needing money.

shannondawg
04-23-2014, 11:26 AM
Your dinners must be pretty interesting if it includes jerking somebody off.

MadDawg
04-23-2014, 11:28 AM

How do you think he got into coaching in the first place?

Coach34
04-23-2014, 12:25 PM

Well, when you deal with surgeons to get business....

coastdoglover
04-23-2014, 01:31 PM
Okay, Barrack, Jr. Sexton is his agent and I have no idea what he has been doing but you are so damn ate up with Stansbury and your hatred toward him that you continue to make up shit to discredit him. Let the damn guy enjoy his retirement and I have about as much faith in your source having dinner with Rick and Jacobs as I did when you said you knew who the next basketball coach at MSU would be ,and then Scott went out and hired a guy nobody had ever heard of to come to MSU. I do know some folks from Auburn put feelers out about their job but that happens all the time. Get over yourself, it is your board but you try and stir more shit than you get accurate info. I am sure this coming season we will hear every excuse from you if we fail again in basketball and most of us remember your absolute paranoia with Stansbury for over 6 to 8 years. And while I am at it, the only jerking off that is being done is you acting like an expert. some of us are smart enough to see through you. Prozac is real cheap these days, try it, maybe you will enjoy life for once.

and while he may not have actually filled out a job app- he has damn sure tried to get in the running for some jobs. He damn near jerked off Jacobs trying to get in the mix for Auburn. I know he had dinner with Jacobs and I know who was at the table that night. So don't come here with that bullshit. You and I both know he wants a coaching job so bad he can't stand it- and it has nothing to do with needing money.

Coach34
04-23-2014, 01:50 PM
For the millionth time- I don't hate Stands. I just don't put him on a pedestal like you and the rest of your cult does.

You used to be the one that talked all that shit for years about Williams not getting another decent job after State- don't get mad Geezer now that the same is happening with Stands. Even after Stands was fired. You announced on Sicpack he'd be back coaching soon and we'd be sorry. Well, we're still waiting

hope he gets the USM job. I want to see his coaching greatness some more.

quickstrike2
04-23-2014, 02:15 PM
Geez, I thought after we got rid of Stans that we wouldn't be talking about him anymore. I think we talk about him more.

coastdoglover
04-23-2014, 02:42 PM
Coach can't let him go. Rick must have insulted his limited basketball knowledge somewhere because he is obsessed. I never have put any MSU coach on a pedestal but I damn sure know we haven't had anyone else have the success that Stans did. If we do again, I will be happy but thus far I have seen nothing to make me think we were smart to make a change like we did. The proof is always in the pudding and coach yelled for years how weak the SEC was and that was the only reason MSU won under Stans. The SEC now is about as weak as it has ever been and he hasn't acknowledged that once. all I know is ole coach tends to stretch the truth when he tries to make a point and some of us have caught him. That is his real issue with me and he even makes shit up that he says I said. Feel sorry for the poor obsessed guy.

Geez, I thought after we got rid of Stans that we wouldn't be talking about him anymore. I think we talk about him more.

Coach34
04-23-2014, 03:07 PM
Grandpaw feeling it today. Stands must have
told you Southern turned him down

shannondawg
04-23-2014, 03:25 PM
How do you think he got into coaching in the first place?

Coach34?

drunkernhelldawg
04-23-2014, 05:23 PM
I doubt he'll even try for that job. It's not a good fit.

HailState39110
04-23-2014, 05:30 PM
Matthew Stevens tweet:

https://mobile.twitter.com/matthewcstevens/status/459051451088928769

Coach34
04-23-2014, 06:25 PM
Matthew Stevens tweet:

https://mobile.twitter.com/matthewcstevens/status/459051451088928769

Translated means:

"Even ****ing Mississippi Southern wont hire me"

Stands has been overseas recruiting- Dawggeezer even told us that, plus I heard that other places.
Stands hired a firm to help him get employed

But now he is not even interested in a Conf USA job that is in the state he has recruited heavily for 20 years????? Sell that BS somewhere else.

Dawg61
04-23-2014, 06:55 PM
Maybe Stans waiting it out longer will benefit him in the long run. His name was definitely getting thrown around by both Auburn and Tennessee and the next go around maybe teams will remember his 9th winningest record All-Time in the SEC more than the stuff that got him fired. He'll get another shot somewhere.

Homedawg
04-23-2014, 06:57 PM
Maybe Stans waiting it out longer will benefit him in the long run. His name was definitely getting thrown around by both Auburn and Tennessee and the next go around maybe teams will remember his 9th winningest record All-Time in the SEC more than the stuff that got him fired. He'll get another shot somewhere.

His name was thrown around? By who? It's pretty obvious he was never considered at ut. As for getting another shot, maybe so but the clock is ticking.....9th al time and doesn't have a job, quite telling to me.

Coach34
04-23-2014, 07:05 PM
Maybe Stans waiting it out longer will benefit him in the long run. His name was definitely getting thrown around by both Auburn and Tennessee

No, no it wasnt. Joe Dean Jr did it as favor to him to try to help him. Jacobs met with him out of courtesy according to a former player.

Tennessee hired their 5th or 6th choice for the job- so to say he was seriously considered there is just a lie

CadaverDawg
04-23-2014, 07:25 PM
Careful what you wish for Coach...Rick Ray may be Stands' assistant in a few years

Coach34
04-23-2014, 07:30 PM
Ray has his chance to prove something this Winter- we'll see what he's got

tcdog70
04-23-2014, 07:35 PM

Maybe he will study up on how to score against a 1-3-1

drunkernhelldawg
04-23-2014, 07:56 PM
Translated means:

"Even ****ing Mississippi Southern wont hire me"

Stands has been overseas recruiting- Dawggeezer even told us that, plus I heard that other places.
Stands hired a firm to help him get employed

But now he is not even interested in a Conf USA job that is in the state he has recruited heavily for 20 years????? Sell that BS somewhere else.

I had not seen the tweet before my original post, but I think it's obvious that Stans would be walking into a nightmare if he took that job, which he actually doesn't need (or apparently want) anyway. I think if he goes C-USA it'll be a few states away from here.

Dawg61
04-23-2014, 08:20 PM
No, no it wasnt. Joe Dean Jr did it as favor to him to try to help him. Jacobs met with him out of courtesy according to a former player.

Tennessee hired their 5th or 6th choice for the job- so to say he was seriously considered there is just a lie

Maybe not considered seriously by Hart but his name was circulating their fan base and being brought up on Knoxville radio.
He'd be a better hire for them than Tyndall imo. Can't believe you don't agree. Actually yes I can believe that.

Coach34
04-23-2014, 08:34 PM
Maybe not considered seriously by Hart but his name was circulating their fan base and being brought up on Knoxville radio.
He'd be a better hire for them than Tyndall imo. Can't believe you don't agree. Actually yes I can believe that.

To get back in coaching, he is going to have to take a job he doesnt want in the bus leagues. A good school is not going to hire him.

Amd let me add that the decision makers in college basketball seem to agree with me- not you

Dawg61
04-23-2014, 08:39 PM
To get back in coaching, he is going to have to take a job he doesnt want in the bus leagues. A good school is not going to hire him.

Amd let me add that the decision makers in college basketball seem to agree with me- not you

How dumb is Mizzou. They hired Frank Haith last time. And he left them. Before getting fired. Maybe they are that dumb? Or have they already hired someone and I missed it

Coach34
04-23-2014, 08:51 PM
How dumb is Mizzou. They hired Frank Haith last time. And he left them. Before getting fired. Maybe they are that dumb? Or have they already hired someone and I missed it

Gotta respect Haith's good sense- he had about 1 season left at Mizzou before being fired- now he has at least 4 at Tulsa and a chance to use them to springboard to another good situation

mic
04-23-2014, 09:10 PM
No matter how you feel about Coach Stans its rather clear how the college basketball world views him.
There have been a TON of openings in the southeast.. Smaller schools yes but a lot of them. Hell even the Jones CC coach is about to get hired. He was coaching high school ball a few years ago.

Stans isn't getting a big time gig. At least not right away. He is going to have to do his time.
He was lobbing for the AU job even before Barbie was fired. And had an entourage trying to get it for him.
He was never even considered for the UT job. And they hired at least their 5th or 6th choice.
If he doesn't get the USM job there isn't anything left out there. Maybe Marshall. And maybe UTEP if Coach Floyd gets the Mizzu gig.
Kind of strange that an EX SEC coach that some think is an upper level coach cant even sniff a gig. Hell not even an interview.. Was he even mentioned for some of these jobs.?? Jacksonville, SE Louisiana, App. State , Fla Atlantic, Rice, Central Ark...
And its not like he isn't looking. We all know he is..

fishwater99
04-24-2014, 08:55 AM
Stans will never coach again at a major college. He might coach his kids in High School, but that's it.
He is just not a good coach and he left our program in a huge dumpster fire. He is also known for his dirty recruiting.
If USM won't take him, then who will?
He needs a few years on his retirement in MS and he should be set to fish all he wants on his lake.

Coach34
04-24-2014, 09:14 AM
What gets me is that there are people actually surprised he isn't getting hired

Homedawg
04-24-2014, 09:27 AM
What gets me is that there are people actually surprised he isn't getting hired

What are you talking about? He hasn't "applied" for any job and hasn't found the one he wants*********

tcdog70
04-24-2014, 10:23 AM
Why, the obsession with Rick Stansbury? You wanted Him gone--guess what He is gone. How about moving on and let's discuss our New Coach and the Job he is doing. But please use the same criteria for judging Him as you did Stansbury.

Coach34
04-24-2014, 10:28 AM
Why is there never a mention about obsession when we talk about Polk, Jackie, Crooms, Etc? But if something is said about Stands, the cult members get their panties in a wad

BulldogBear
04-24-2014, 10:46 AM
I was not for getting rid of him, but now that he's gone I haven't given him a second thought. I wish him well of course but I don't even know what he's doing now. Fishing, if he's smart, like somebody said. Does he still live in Starkville?

Homedawg
04-24-2014, 10:46 AM
Why, the obsession with Rick Stansbury? You wanted Him gone--guess what He is gone. How about moving on and let's discuss our New Coach and the Job he is doing. But please use the same criteria for judging Him as you did Stansbury.

I'll tell you why, because he left his replacement, who happens to be Rick Ray, with a complete disaster to clean up. Coach Polk left a similar situation for john Cohen. Polk gets blasted all the time. The difference is, people who liked Polk at some point, like me, can admit it was a train wreck that he left. While people who liked stansbury, either in the past,or currently refuse to admit that Adolph rupp, dean smith or bobby knight could quick fix the mess he left. I get it, he had a good run for several years, congrats and I'm thankful for that. However, that doesn't excuse us not making the tournament w his last team, nor this crap he left. Coach Polk doesn't get a pass, nor should Stan's.

MadDawg
04-24-2014, 10:48 AM
Why is there never a mention about obsession when we talk about Polk, Jackie, Crooms, Etc? But if something is said about Stands, the cult members get their panties in a wad

When do you talk about any of those?

Coach34
04-24-2014, 10:56 AM
I'll tell you why, because he left his replacement, who happens to be Rick Ray, with a complete disaster to clean up. Coach Polk left a similar situation for john Cohen. Polk gets blasted all the time. The difference is, people who liked Polk at some point, like me, can admit it was a train wreck that he left. While people who liked stansbury, either in the past,or currently refuse to admit that Adolph rupp, dean smith or bobby knight could quick fix the mess he left. I get it, he had a good run for several years, congrats and I'm thankful for that. However, that doesn't excuse us not making the tournament w his last team, nor this crap he left. Coach Polk doesn't get a pass, nor should Stan's.

Homedawg for the win...can't be said any better

quickstrike2
04-24-2014, 10:56 AM
Stans gets brought up alot by the ones that were anti-stans, which causes the ones that were pro-stans to get into a pissing match. #stirringthepot

MadDawg
04-24-2014, 11:08 AM
I seem to remember a certain poster that had "coach" in his moniker that used to defend Jackie after he was "fired" when the loons would come out saying outlandish things about him. We were actually on the same page way back when. And now that much time has passed, the ******s have stopped bleeding and the Midol has finally kicked in, Jackie is held in pretty high regard amongst the Bulldog faithful. Hopefully one day we will get to that point with Stansbury. But there is still a half a package of super heavy flow pads to go through before that happens I suppose.

coastdoglover
04-24-2014, 11:25 AM
Coach repeatedly says he doesn't hate Rick Stansbury. His actions do not back that up. He hated on him long before the Sidney ordeal. His logic is Rick couldn't get us to another level. Well I have news for him, we got to another level now and it is the pits. Stansbury told the college board member who called him that he was not interested in the USM job. Good for him if that is what he wants. I will guarantee you that there hasn't been a thread started by Coach34 that hasn't degraded or lambasted Rick Stansbury and his family when basketball comes up. Obsession is too nice a word to describe the actions. All the dumpster shit is just more propaganda by the ant-Stansbury crowd. Hood would have still been here and whether their were problems or not, Steele, Lewis, and some of the others would have kept us competitive. All this playing hard and other crap is bullshit. We played plenty hard when we won those championships and it is just another excuse to defend a dumb ass decision by our AD. We aren't going to break .500 in the league any time soon and the league is pretty damn bad other than the Blue grass boys and Florida. Now Auburn will improve and we are screwed. Be careful what you asked for, you got it. Even if our AD makes a change next year, who can be confident he will do any better? We have deemphasized men's basketball and it is all because of the product on the floor. I was told Gavin Ware's dad didn't even go to the last 6 games because it was too painful to watch. Enjoy it boys, you and your obsessed hateful leader, Coach34 got what you wanted.

Homedawg
04-24-2014, 11:39 AM
Propaganda? If you can't see it was a wreck I can't help you. As for all this Hood would have been here, yada yada, we won't ever know. What we do know is he was looking and not happy when stansbury was his coach. So that's pure speculation. As for Steele, the guy wouldn't play. HE chose not to play. As for Wendell and others, I'm sorry smoking is more important than the program or playing. But look who brought them here, I'm not shocked. I keep hearing stansbury would have done this or done that, I watched his last team that was one of the 20 most talented teams in the country not make the tourney, That was enough. So keep kissing his ass all you want. He made is bed and now he can sleep in it. And do it quite wealthy, so I'm happy for him.

Dawgface
04-24-2014, 11:39 AM
Coach repeatedly says he doesn't hate Rick Stansbury. His actions do not back that up. He hated on him long before the Sidney ordeal. His logic is Rick couldn't get us to another level. Well I have news for him, we got to another level now and it is the pits. Stansbury told the college board member who called him that he was not interested in the USM job. Good for him if that is what he wants. I will guarantee you that there hasn't been a thread started by Coach34 that hasn't degraded or lambasted Rick Stansbury and his family when basketball comes up. Obsession is too nice a word to describe the actions. All the dumpster shit is just more propaganda by the ant-Stansbury crowd. Hood would have still been here and whether their were problems or not, Steele, Lewis, and some of the others would have kept us competitive. All this playing hard and other crap is bullshit. We played plenty hard when we won those championships and it is just another excuse to defend a dumb ass decision by our AD. We aren't going to break .500 in the league any time soon and the league is pretty damn bad other than the Blue grass boys and Florida. Now Auburn will improve and we are screwed. Be careful what you asked for, you got it. Even if our AD makes a change next year, who can be confident he will do any better? We have deemphasized men's basketball and it is all because of the product on the floor. I was told Gavin Ware's dad didn't even go to the last 6 games because it was too painful to watch. Enjoy it boys, you and your obsessed hateful leader, Coach34 got what you wanted.
C34 is by no means my leader when it comes to basketball. But I am glad Bury is gone. He was right for the program for a number of years, but when he sold his soul to the Renardo Sidney types......I was done.

Coach34
04-24-2014, 11:44 AM
Stansbury could get drunk and run over a couple of Girl Scouts with his vehicle and Dawggeezer would say- "well Stansbury had to stop them. They were selling all those cookies and making people fat."

quickstrike2
04-24-2014, 11:44 AM
There was no way to keep Stans, he had a nice run and it had just about blew up. Why we keep bringing him up for jobs and laughing when someone else gets them is confusing to me.

Homedawg
04-24-2014, 11:46 AM
I'll say this- hugh freeze sure would appreciate you stansbury disciples, because y'all are loyal to the end, the guy did no wrong.

coastdoglover
04-24-2014, 01:24 PM
Why are you confused? This obsession has been endless for the last 10 years. Nobody ever said Rick had to be still here. He was a given a choice of staying one more year or take a full years salary and full pension. He made the smart choice . The only sick people who keep bringing him up are the haters. It is an agenda to piss people off and I guess it works. There is absolutely no reason to keep bringing him up other than hate and obsession and that is because the clowns who screamed for his dismissal are now embarrassed by what they got. As I said before, be careful what you wish for, you might just get it!

There was no way to keep Stans, he had a nice run and it had just about blew up. Why we keep bringing him up for jobs and laughing when someone else gets them is confusing to me.

fishwater99
04-24-2014, 01:31 PM

+1

MadDawg
04-24-2014, 01:43 PM
The bashing of Jackie didn't end until everyone had to finally admit Croom was an absolute failure. Bashing Jackie made them feel better about Croom. It justified the delayed expectations. It soothed the Saturday afternoon beatdowns. It reassured them, in lack of any real evidence , that they were right to demand we hire "anybody but Jackie".

Sound familiar?

coastdoglover
04-24-2014, 02:37 PM
You nailed it!

The bashing of Jackie didn't end until everyone had to finally admit Croom was an absolute failure. Bashing Jackie made them feel better about Croom. It justified the delayed expectations. It soothed the Saturday afternoon beatdowns. It reassured them, in lack of any real evidence , that they were right to demand we hire "anybody but Jackie".

Sound familiar?

Dawg61
04-24-2014, 03:02 PM

I'm not blaming Stansbury or Ray for the turnover the first season. That shit happens when you change coaches.

drunkernhelldawg
04-24-2014, 03:26 PM
To get back to the original point, Stans does not want the USM job. So please don't spike the basketball when he doesn't get a job that he doesn't even want or seek.

tcdog70
04-24-2014, 04:39 PM

If you have noticed when this Board gets boring ole 34 bashes Stansbury, knowing a thread like this one will ensue. I am willing to never mention Stans again if 34 and His parrots will shut the **** up about Him. I'm ready to jump on the Rick Ray will get it done wagon this year Crowd, and If He doesn't I'll crawl back on the Rick Ray Sux train. as a famous Coach once said "Your Record is who You are" So depending on which side of Stansbury you line up on --why not go with that. After next year Ray's Record will tell us who He is.

Coach34
04-24-2014, 04:58 PM
If you have noticed when this Board gets boring ole 34 bashes Stansbury, knowing a thread like this one will ensue. I am willing to never mention Stans again if 34 and His parrots will shut the **** up about Him. I'm ready to jump on the Rick Ray will get it done wagon this year Crowd, and If He doesn't I'll crawl back on the Rick Ray Sux train. as a famous Coach once said "Your Record is who You are" So depending on which side of Stansbury you line up on --why not go with that. After next year Ray's Record will tell us who He is.

A) Ohhh no- Stands will get brought up time and again every time he gets passed over for a job. You can try and say he wasnt interested in the Mississippi Southern job- but you dont go to Europe to recruit, hire a firm to help you get a job, and lock up juco Supahstar Devonte Pollard to just sit back and fish.

B) Stands record was indeed who he was: he was about 0-20 vs the RPI top 25 the last 7 years....and 29-39 for his career vs the big 4 in the SEC

Madisonmd
04-24-2014, 05:11 PM
That record may look really good in the very near future!

shannondawg
04-24-2014, 05:18 PM

You noticed that as well? Wonder if he prods one of his echo's to help start posts so he doesn't have to do all of them?

How many more months or years or coaches he will go thru to keep this up? Of course he can have Ray to bash in a year or so. Then we can look forward to the Stans/Ray bashing posts...Along with records, stats, and quotes from his unnamed sources that were either on the scene or got it first hand from their who the hell cares.

Coach34
04-24-2014, 05:46 PM
and quotes from his unnamed sources that were either on the scene or got it first hand.

I love when this card is played. Nobody tells their sources or they wont get told shit anymore. But I will show you one for example:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?12712-Stainz&highlight=Europe

"He will be a candidate for AU, Bama, and UGA if or when they come open. You might think this is crazy, but he's been recruiting a little bit. I mean creating relationships with potential prospects. He's been in Europe recently looking at a few kids. If he gets a job, Brooks will be first to head his way. Brooks has been recruiting Big Train's son for us. Stands has apparently gotten the fire back. We shall see"

Thick is related to people who have their name on shit at Mississippi State. He has also worn the maroon and white jersey. If you want to PM him and ask him who he is- be my guest. But when he says something, it's correct most of the time. Stop being a butthurt little bitch and just realize your hero isnt going to get hired

tcdog70
04-24-2014, 06:56 PM
A) Ohhh no- Stands will get brought up time and again every time he gets passed over for a job. You can try and say he wasnt interested in the Mississippi Southern job- but you dont go to Europe to recruit, hire a firm to help you get a job, and lock up juco Supahstar Devonte Pollard to just sit back and fish.

B) Stands record was indeed who he was: he was about 0-20 vs the RPI top 25 the last 7 years....and 29-39 for his career vs the big 4 in the SEC

Once again Stats are for losers. Bill Lambeer of message boards, what a crock of shit. If you take Kentucky out of the the big four his record against the other three ain't that bad.Everybody loses to Ky. And I'll bet Stans record against them is better than most. When you figure we got ****ed out of at least 3 wins. How about His record against the Rebs? If this is the criteria for a Coach at MSU then why aren't you ranting against Dan *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough*, Has he very beaten a top four team?

shannondawg
04-25-2014, 07:08 AM
Oh I ain't hurting, but if my friend wants to get back into coaching and I am sure he does, I hope he can. What's so wrong with a 50 year old man not wanting to stay unemployed, He
doesn't have to work another day in his life and still live better than most on this board as far as his and his family's financial well being is concerned.

And if he is doing the groundwork to make him a more viable candidate is that so wrong, something to be made light of or in your warped mind hilarious?

But for you to be gloating that he can't or won't be hired, is showing a serious character flaw.

"His family has their name on shit ." Carries a lot of weight for you eh?

engie
04-25-2014, 07:42 AM
Oh I ain't hurting, but if my friend wants to get back into coaching and I am sure he does, I hope he can. What's so wrong with a 50 year old man not wanting to stay unemployed, He
doesn't have to work another day in his life and still live better than most on this board as far as his and his family's financial well being is concerned.

And if he is doing the groundwork to make him a more viable candidate is that so wrong, something to be made light of or in your warped mind hilarious?

But for you to be gloating that he can't or won't be hired, is showing a serious character flaw.

"His family has their name on shit ." Carries a lot of weight for you eh?

Coach isn't "gloating that he can't or won't be hired". He's rustling jimmies of Stans' cult-like defenders who come running every time his name is mentioned -- that were ultimately proven wrong in the end while coach was right about Stansbury -- and has continued being right about him ever since.

When you have Stans' lovers saying "oh my gosh he's going to Auburn to bury us" -- and then have quite a few saying the same thing about USM -- you REALLY thought c34 wasn't going to call that out?

engie
04-25-2014, 07:47 AM
You nailed it!

No -- he didn't. Not even close. That's the same guy that was calling Cohen "Croom" in year 2 -- even into year 3.

The ACTUAL reality is that you can't take much from years 1 and 2 of a rebuild. Everyone will judge Ray fairly based on results this year -- and if there isn't drastic improvement, I will be at the front of the bus questioning the direction we are going in...

Coach34
04-25-2014, 07:49 AM
I'm glad he is your friend. Where you and Dawggeezer go wrong on the message board is that you cant be objective because of it.

It's ok for me and others to talk about his tenure, body of work, and future. That is what sports boards are for. His tenure wasnt all unicorns hauling candy chased by rainbows. If you cant handle people talking about him being unable to find another coaching job- you might just ought to sit it out. We've talked about Crooms and how he would never get another head coaching job- it's funny how nobody bitches when we make that statement. Or how Polk is too old coach again- you dont see Polk-lovers flying to his defense on that. But let one thing be said about Stands- and you cult members come from far and wide.

This stuff will continue to go on because I told Geezer and others he wouldnt be hired at a decent job after leaving State. Those guys liked to call names and assured me he would. Well, here we are 3 hiring cycles in- and still no go. To be continued...

MadDawg
04-25-2014, 08:15 AM
Stop being a butthurt little bitch and just realize your hero isnt going to get hired

But you don't hate Stansbury. LMAO.

MadDawg
04-25-2014, 08:17 AM
No -- he didn't. Not even close. That's the same guy that was calling Cohen "Croom" in year 2 -- even into year 3.

And this is coming from the guy that said Mullen had "lost it" and would never get it back and was ready to fire his ass.

Coach34
04-25-2014, 08:34 AM
Coach isn't "gloating that he can't or won't be hired". He's rustling jimmies of Stans' cult-like defenders who come running every time his name is mentioned -- that were ultimately proven wrong in the end while coach was right about Stansbury -- and has continued being right about him ever since.

When you have Stans' lovers saying "oh my gosh he's going to Auburn to bury us" -- and then have quite a few saying the same thing about USM -- you REALLY thought c34 wasn't going to call that out?

exactly. It's all fun and exciting when these guys think Auburn is going to hire him. They came running and posting about how he would win at Auburn and we would suck. Now that you have been proven to look foolish, don't be mad about it.

engie
04-25-2014, 08:46 AM
And this is coming from the guy that said Mullen had "lost it" and would never get it back and was ready to fire his ass.

I'm glad that 2 late overtime wins along with the dead last recruiting class in the SEC has convinced you 100% that I'm going to be wrong in the longterm...

Hey -- the coach that just took us to a NATIONAL title series is a worse hire than Croom though!!1!1 That's so very similar to me jumping off the bandwagon of a coach that hadn't won a game as a 1 point underdog in 46 tries -- 3.5 years for those keeping count at home before the Egg Bowl upset.

MadDawg
04-25-2014, 09:01 AM
I'm glad that 2 late overtime wins along with the dead last recruiting class in the SEC has convinced you 100% that I'm going to be wrong in the longterm...

Hey -- the coach that just took us to a NATIONAL title series is a worse hire than Croom though!!1!1 That's so very similar to me jumping off the bandwagon of a coach that hadn't won a game as a 1 point underdog in 46 tries -- 3.5 years for those keeping count at home before the Egg Bowl upset.

Hey, I say just keep screaming for Mullen to be fired. Eventually, like your mentor 34, you will turn out to be right.

Coach34
04-25-2014, 09:08 AM
Hey, I say just keep screaming for Mullen to be fired. Eventually, like your mentor 34, you will turn out to be right.

Cmon now- I nailed Stands from the start. Hell, all this message board shit started back in Dec, 2003 when I said a Stands coached team would never make a Sweet 16.

MadDawg
04-25-2014, 09:11 AM
Cmon now- I nailed Stands from the start. Hell, all this message board shit started back in Dec, 2003 when I said a Stands coached team would never make a Sweet 16.

So you only had to beat that drum for a mere 9 years. I'll bet engie won't even have to go that long.

Coach34
04-25-2014, 09:19 AM
So you only had to beat that drum for a mere 9 years. I'll bet engie won't even have to go that long.

Well I also nailed his lack if discipline, lack of commitment to S&C, and his ahem...in game coaching

Engie went a little overboard on Mullen and has admitted as much- but he is also correct in saying that this year is Mullen's year to show what he's made of. 7-5 (3-5) this year won't cut it with the team and schedule we have. It's time to beat an LSU, Auburn or A&M

MadDawg
04-25-2014, 09:24 AM
Engie went a little overboard on Mullen and has admitted as much-

Well I went a little overboard on Cohen for some head-scratching baserunning calls and pitching rotations (things that are still bitched about today I might add) and he still calls me out on it every chance he gets.

engie
04-25-2014, 09:52 AM

I'm not beating any drums. Unlike many -- I have no agenda regarding any MSU sport other than being and having the best possible to us -- nor have I entered into a marriage with a certain coach and essentially abandoned my "family" -- which is another way of saying the actual Mississippi State program(s).

Coach ended up being right about Stans. Dismiss it however you wish. He was decent -- but still incapable of taking us back to a next level that we had a fresh taste of when he became head coach here. And it didn't take a genius to see his shortcomings on the floor either. That's why it was easy to know fairly early in his tenure that he wasn't going to take us on any deep runs that required him outcoaching/outstrategizing other teams -- our having a more mentally tough bunch. He was very good in a whole bunch of aspects. No doubt. But ultimately, he never had "it" for one of the most important parts.

And before anyone comes with the "I bet you miss those 20 win seasons now". No. I don't. I was longing for more and still am -- and if we have to walk the wilderness for a little while while chasing it before we find it, so be it. In the end -- demanding "more" is going to get us "more"...

MadDawg
04-25-2014, 10:19 AM
I'm not beating any drums. Unlike many -- I have no agenda

You might be shocked to learn that very few posters actually have an agenda other than wanting what is best for MSU. There may be very differing opinions about what that may be though. But when we start painting someone we disagree with into some made-up corner attributing things to them that only serve the purpose of making them a better target for our criticism and disparaging remarks, we aren't helping anyone. All that accomplishes is dividing the fanbase.

shannondawg
04-25-2014, 10:45 AM
Well one thing for certain, Stansbury will be listed in the media guides as MSU all time winning coach. Message boards aside.

I am not so much about defending him, as I question the agenda of the continued berating of him. But in truth I do know why C34 does it and he may be justified in doing so. Not so much why Engie does except maybe a case of manlove for C34

He started this message board and has done a bang up job and my hats off to him, and it wouldn't have had the success it has except his fame (for lack of a better word) of hounding Stansbury.

I don't keep count, but I would venture to guess that these threads on Stansbury all added up would be by far the dominant posts of any and all subjects on this board. So why would he stop?as its the key to him success as a message board manager. I respect that I really do.

On a another subject, to be honest I have never followed baseball, only being a die hard MSU fan only checked to see if we won or lost. But call me a bandwagon fan or whatever, I have started watching when on tv, and go thru the threads on games. What amazes me in reading the threads the dreadful comments that posters make after every out or error or whatever on our players part. Second guessing the coaching, berating the players, Hoo boy, it really makes me wonder how someone could take anything serious that is posted on these boards..

And yes, I am guilty as well , but to be honest I just peruse the topics, and very seldom open a thread unless its news or my favorite poster hounding one of my favorite ex coaches, the other being the Kang Jackie..

engie
04-25-2014, 11:20 AM
On a another subject, to be honest I have never followed baseball, only being a die hard MSU fan only checked to see if we won or lost. But call me a bandwagon fan or whatever, I have started watching when on tv, and go thru the threads on games. What amazes me in reading the threads the dreadful comments that posters make after every out or error or whatever on our players part. Second guessing the coaching, berating the players, Hoo boy, it really makes me wonder how someone could take anything serious that is posted on these boards..

When you read enough for awhile -- you learn who you want to listen to on certain sports and who you don't... and after Mullen pulled the Egg Bowl out last year, I don't blame anyone that doesn't want to listen to me on football -- because I just didn't think it was possible... That said --

Overreaction to individual baseball plays, performances, or even entire games and series at times make it obvious who not to listen to on baseball -- which is a game of ups and downs, streaks, and overall a very long season. I agree with you -- far too many of our fans hang their hat on what happened in the last 5 seconds with the sport. Instead -- the opinion of where we're at should be the sum of all the data -- or the longterm average of the highs and lows. This team is a bit behind schedule -- no doubt about it. The overall goals are still there for the taking though.

The thing about Cohen is this... Baseball is by far my most knowledgeable sport -- and even taking the sum of everything that happens in a given season and applying it to how good I think we are(and there were times last year I was on an island defending my thoughts as a top 8-12 team in the country while the sum of the MSU message board community was in meltdown) -- Cohen has surpassed those expectations at times in each of the last 3 postseasons... Given a sport I can generally predict pretty well in the macro sense -- that's pretty incredible to me. If he makes a run this year, things are going to start getting crazy...

Coach34
04-25-2014, 11:31 AM
What gets lost is that I don't hate Stands- I just still don't understand the cult following he has that always tries to make him into something he's not. It's funny seeing the way he is viewed by fans/boosters and the way he is viewed by coaches/administrators. Many people in the business I've talked to over the year's pretty much view Stands as a lesser version of Les Miles from a coaching standpoint. Works hard, recruits hard- but always leaves you wondering "how does this guy keep his job?".

engie
04-25-2014, 11:59 AM
What gets lost is that I don't hate Stands- I just still don't understand the cult following he has that always tries to make him into something he's not. It's funny seeing the way he is viewed by fans/boosters and the way he is viewed by coaches/administrators. Many people in the business I've talked to over the year's pretty much view Stands as a lesser version of Les Miles from a coaching standpoint. Works hard, recruits hard- but always leaves you wondering "how does this guy keep his job?".

Stansbury is akin to Bianco in a bunch of ways to me in how he's viewed from within and his inability to get over a certain threshold in the postseason regardless of how talented his individual teams were. Had he never totally lost control and let the team go toxic, he would probably still be here -- and probably still be doing the same thing winning 20-22 and being on the bubble. Maybe this "achievement" would have been as simple as holding Kirby? We'll never know...

The thing that endears Bianco more is that his predecessor(s) didn't have nearly the success -- albeit in roller coaster fashion -- that Richard Williams did. That left us as a fanbase starving for more -- with goals, no matter how unrealistic, that we'd very recently accomplished and want back. Few were alive the last time Ole Miss went farther than Bianco has taken them -- and we can pretty safely say that none of their fans gave a rats ass about college baseball back then...

tcdog70
04-25-2014, 03:09 PM

i think in Stans' last seven years He beat Ky 3 times and we got screwed in the SEC Tourny or he would have had a 4-3 record against Ky. My question is-wasn't Ky in the top 20 RPI? I think he is all time 9th winnest Coach in the SEC. I would venture to say that in the last 7 years MSU's record against Ky was better than anyone's.

Homedawg
04-25-2014, 03:12 PM
i think in Stans' last seven years He beat Ky 3 times and we got screwed in the SEC Tourny or he would have had a 4-3 record against Ky. My question is-wasn't Ky in the top 20 RPI? I think he is all time 9th winnest Coach in the SEC. I would venture to say that in the last 7 years MSU's record against Ky was better than anyone's.

Yes we got hosed a couple of time against uk. We aren't alone in that I'm sure. For the record Stan's beat uk 4 times in his career.

MadDawg
04-25-2014, 03:18 PM

I don't think anyone really believed 34's second point. It was probably just all that non-hate clouding his memory.

tcdog70
04-25-2014, 03:32 PM
here is a good link that shows the whole truth. Not just the last seven years of Stansbury. I would hope that we could do this good in the future.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/coaches/rick-stansbury/career_record

Dawgcentral
04-25-2014, 03:48 PM
Going out on a limb for Sidney, then watching his fat ass walk the floor was what did me in with Stansbury. Still pisses me off.

engie
04-25-2014, 03:56 PM
I don't think anyone really believed 34's second point. It was probably just all that non-hate clouding his memory.

Ah yes -- the UK games that constantly reaffirmed how much talent we had on our teams and how good we could be when giving total effort -- directly before getting thumped by Auburn and South Carolina the following week and not giving a damn... The good ole days**

shannondawg
04-25-2014, 06:45 PM
Most wins of any coach we have had. So why should we not like him the best...At least we had expectations of winning when coming to games, and most of the time we did.

tcdog70
04-25-2014, 07:59 PM
Ah yes -- the UK games that constantly reaffirmed how much talent we had on our teams and how good we could be when giving total effort -- directly before getting thumped by Auburn and South Carolina the following week and not giving a damn... The good ole days**

You mean after Hood got hurt in the Ky game with us in the lead and didn't play in the auburn and SC game. Also Moultrie was hurt. But we have the last two years to help us forget how shitty winning twenty games was***

Coach34
04-25-2014, 08:46 PM
Most wins of any coach we have had. So why should we not like him the best...At least we had expectations of winning when coming to games, and most of the time we did.

But it was sad also knowing we were never going to do anything at Tourney time

Coach34
04-25-2014, 08:49 PM
You mean after Hood got hurt in the Ky game with us in the lead and didn't play in the auburn and SC game. Also Moultrie was hurt.

Moultrie was hurt??? Wtf? He played all 40 minutes the next game

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=320560333

Coach34
04-25-2014, 08:57 PM

We beat Kentucky:

in 2007- the year they told Tubby to leave after going 22-12. They were not RPI top 25
in 2008- Gillispie's 1st season when they went 18-13. They were not RPI top25
in 2009- Gillispie 2nd season when they went to the NIT after going 22-14...and aGAIN- not RPI top 25

Gets your facts straight or learn your place

TimberBeast
04-25-2014, 09:50 PM

Yeah it's way better right now. Sometimes it's just best to admit you were wrong. At least with Stans we had a chance.

coastdoglover
04-25-2014, 10:00 PM
Coach is incapable of ever admitting he was wrong about anything. His ego will not let him. 1 or 2 years from now he will still be blaming something other than the facts. It is his way of doing things. Nobody worships any coach and if they do, they are dumb. All those Bama fans who worship Saban are wondering now why. he is a great coach but if Auburn kicks their ass again this year they will be ready for straight jackets.

Coach34
04-25-2014, 10:14 PM
Yeah it's way better right now..

Who said it was?

shannondawg
04-26-2014, 05:57 AM

Maybe for you. But at least we had expectations of doing something then. Not anymore. But that's not your fault or concern.

At least its driven me to watching baseball games now.

engie
04-26-2014, 08:01 AM
Maybe for you. But at least we had expectations of doing something then. Not anymore. But that's not your fault or concern.

At least its driven me to watching baseball games now.

I'm sorry -- Expectations of doing what, exactly?

I'm not going to be satisfied when Mullen regresses from averaging 7 wins per year to 6 wins per year halfway through his tenure either... especially when he starts consistently losing bowl games as a favorite...

No one's expectations for basketball has changed. The disagreement is based on the amount of time to put those expectations back into effect. For me -- and most of us that are reasonable -- that clock starts ticking next year. Ray is past his honeymoon and has had enough time to rebuild.

engie
04-26-2014, 08:22 AM
Yeah it's way better right now. Sometimes it's just best to admit you were wrong. At least with Stans we had a chance.

A chance for what, exactly?

We "had a chance" of beating two final 4 teams that were final #1 and #7 in RPI last year with an obviously flawed and shorthanded team that couldn't shoot and only had one big man on roster. Let that sink in. We led in Rupp at halftime. We were down to UF by 1 at halftime. We led both of those games early in the second half only to run out of gas late -- essentially when they got Ware into foul trouble which led to us becoming exploitable as hell inside and on the glass.

But everyone wants to focus on the losing streak itself instead of the flaws that allowed it happened and how we played in the individual games compared to how we played in the same games the year before...

We will put our first full team on the court next year -- and it's NIT or bust for me with Ray.

tcdog70
04-26-2014, 10:21 AM
A chance for what, exactly?

We "had a chance" of beating two final 4 teams that were final #1 and #7 in RPI last year with an obviously flawed and shorthanded team that couldn't shoot and only had one big man on roster. Let that sink in. We led in Rupp at halftime. We were down to UF by 1 at halftime. We led both of those games early in the second half only to run out of gas late -- essentially when they got Ware into foul trouble which led to us becoming exploitable as hell inside and on the glass.

But everyone wants to focus on the losing streak itself instead of the flaws that allowed it happened and how we played in the individual games compared to how we played in the same games the year before...

We will put our first full team on the court next year -- and it's NIT or bust for me with Ray.

Can't argue with that. I'm jumping on the Rick Ray train with an open mind until it goes South. hope it doesn't . But the proof will be in the puddin

TheDogFather
04-26-2014, 10:45 AM

Seems like you would have been more offended at the sitting at a computer acting like a coach part rather than the lying part. But to each his own.

Coach34
04-26-2014, 10:46 AM
Ray needs to show us something this Winter and next - nobody denies that

TheDogFather
04-26-2014, 10:50 AM

Two years of seeing has been enough for the non-experts

Coach34
04-26-2014, 11:28 AM
Seems like you would have been more offended at the sitting at a computer acting like a coach part rather than the lying part. But to each his own.

Well since I dont coach for a living anymore- I'm an online coach just like everybody else. The only difference is that I'm very good at it and know what the **** I'm talking about

Coach34
04-26-2014, 11:28 AM
Two years of seeing has been enough for the non-experts

exactly- and why they are wrong time after time. Good post

preachermatt83
04-26-2014, 11:42 AM
they problem is that many think that if you don't think Ray is getting it done or will get it done then you are a stands supporter. That's just not true.. I would have fired Stands long before most would have but that don't mean I gotta like Ray. he is not a very good coach or recruiter and it will be proven this year again. Question to Ray fans is this... If we don't reach the NIT this year then will you be ready to fire him?

TheDogFather
04-26-2014, 11:55 AM
exactly- and why they are wrong time after time. Good post

Appreciate it. I suppose you are the only one on here that knows anything.

TheDogFather
04-26-2014, 11:57 AM
Well since I dont coach for a living anymore- I'm an online coach just like everybody else. The only difference is that I'm very good at it and know what the **** I'm talking about

Like the time you said Ray was a good coach because everyone was copying his defense? Espousing your own expertise says a lot.

Coach34
04-26-2014, 12:04 PM
Like the time you said Ray was a good coach because everyone was copying his defense?

Yes- exactly like that

Coach34
04-26-2014, 12:06 PM
they problem is that many think that if you don't think Ray is getting it done or will get it done then you are a stands supporter.

That's not true- it's just that the people who run to their computer to defends Stands at the mere mention of his name are 95% of the people hating on Ray.

All I'm saying is Ray needs a chance to show what he can do. He has spent 2 years rebuilding- now we'll see what he can really do these next 2 years. He's going to be here 4 years

shannondawg
04-26-2014, 02:24 PM
That 95% of the people that defend Stans love MSU and want Ray succeed, I don't like not liking MSU basketball the way it is now. I just don't expect to win the SEC games and that's a bummer to me. I can't speak for anyone else.

So maybe Ky may have been down a bit to be honest I don't know and could care the **** less, but we played the team in front of us, we couldn't send them home and tell them to bring their A game. Nobody seemed to complain at the time we beat them. Don't recollect when our winning streak against Alabama under Jackie might have not caught them with their greatest teams, but then again we beat them sons bitches. I just loved watching them million dollar Rv's jumping curbs getting the hell out of Starkpatch..

And Engie, it was either going to or watching on tv or listening to games with the expectation of winning. Just being in the Hump when it was electric was a thrill for me And at my age, I don't expect to see us back to that level in my life time. And let me tell you , that ain't fun.

coastdoglover
04-26-2014, 06:39 PM
Amen. And you don't see these clowns talking about how sub par those Bama teams were we beat in football other than the 6-3 win years ago. If Rick Ray can get above .500 in the league folks will be ecstatic but funny how that was judged as bad in Stans era. Man, how things have changed.

That 95% of the people that defend Stans love MSU and want Ray succeed, I don't like not liking MSU basketball the way it is now. I just don't expect to win the SEC games and that's a bummer to me. I can't speak for anyone else.

So maybe Ky may have been down a bit to be honest I don't know and could care the **** less, but we played the team in front of us, we couldn't send them home and tell them to bring their A game. Nobody seemed to complain at the time we beat them. Don't recollect when our winning streak against Alabama under Jackie might have not caught them with their greatest teams, but then again we beat them sons bitches. I just loved watching them million dollar Rv's jumping curbs getting the hell out of Starkpatch..

And Engie, it was either going to or watching on tv or listening to games with the expectation of winning. Just being in the Hump when it was electric was a thrill for me And at my age, I don't expect to see us back to that level in my life time. And let me tell you , that ain't fun.

Political Hack
04-26-2014, 07:30 PM
Amen. And you don't see these clowns talking about how sub par those Bama teams were we beat in football other than the 6-3 win years ago. If Rick Ray can get above .500 in the league folks will be ecstatic but funny how that was judged as bad in Stans era. Man, how things have changed.

the change in expectations is what drives me crazy. why the hell is it ok for Rick Ray to be an NIT coach in year 3 or 4, but it's not ok for Stans? Basketball takes 5. It doesn't take 3 to 4 years to build a decent roster.

Coach34
04-26-2014, 08:00 PM
\ It doesn't take 3 to 4 years to build a decent roster.

Thats where the disagreement comes in. And also where none of you can give us an example of where a coach rebuilt quicker when left with what Ray was left with

Homedawg
04-26-2014, 08:27 PM
the change in expectations is what drives me crazy. why the hell is it ok for Rick Ray to be an NIT coach in year 3 or 4, but it's not ok for Stans? Basketball takes 5. It doesn't take 3 to 4 years to build a decent roster.

When you start w what Ray started with it takes a lot longer than 3 years. If u can't see that, I can't help you.

Coach34
04-26-2014, 08:39 PM
When you start w what Ray started with it takes a lot longer than 3 years. If u can't see that, I can't help you.

Stands took over a much better situation than Rick Ray did- and Stands won 14 games in his 2nd season. Rick Ray won 14 games in 2014.

Perspective

Political Hack
04-26-2014, 10:02 PM
Thats where the disagreement comes in. And also where none of you can give us an example of where a coach rebuilt quicker when left with what Ray was left with

Ray had Hood, Jalen, Gavin, Wendell, etc... The roster wasn't decimated until after he was named the head man. But, let's just give him a pass on that and blame Stans.

Coach34
04-26-2014, 10:15 PM
Ray had Hood, Jalen, Gavin, Wendell, etc... The roster wasn't decimated until after he was named the head man. But, let's just give him a pass on that and blame Stans.

ok- lets do this for the 307th time:

Hood was out the door
remind what Wendell Lewis did it his college career that was good?
remind of what Jalen Steele has done in his college career with his major injuries?

Using Lewis and Steele as positive at this point is hilarious

Political Hack
04-26-2014, 10:33 PM
Hood was on the roster. Ray couldn't recruit someone on his own roster. Period. He does that and it's a game changer.

Ray could use a blind gopher at this point. Suggesting that Wendell and Jalen wouldn't contribute is absurd.

Coach34
04-26-2014, 10:45 PM
Hood was on the roster. Ray couldn't recruit someone on his own roster. Period. He does that and it's a game changer.

Ray could use a blind gopher at this point. Suggesting that Wendell and Jalen wouldn't contribute is absurd.

See, this is what I find so hilarious...You are touting a guy that you say would help us that got told:

"Wendell, buddy, you have failed your 2nd drug test. Wendell, now listen close. If you fail another drug test, we are going to kick you off the team. Do you understand that Wendell???? Smokey Dopey means you gone. Wendell, as long as you dont smoke weed again, you will be allowed to play college basketball. If you smoke weed again Wendell- you wont be allowed to play anymore. Do you understand buddy????"

Yeah, Ray was set up for success with shit like that wasnt he Hack? Holy Shit it's a wonder how Ray didnt go undefeated in the SEC with guys like Wendell left behind

shannondawg
04-27-2014, 07:54 AM
Who says we aren't a basketball school. The replies are at 125 and counting on this thread..

The only other with significant reples is the official thread of the game yesterday. I shant upset my delicate nature and dare go over there and see the rants I am sure are there.

Fox Sports don't mess around when they decide to switch games do they?

Political Hack
04-27-2014, 08:27 AM
See, this is what I find so hilarious...You are touting a guy that you say would help us that got told:

"Wendell, buddy, you have failed your 2nd drug test. Wendell, now listen close. If you fail another drug test, we are going to kick you off the team. Do you understand that Wendell???? Smokey Dopey means you gone. Wendell, as long as you dont smoke weed again, you will be allowed to play college basketball. If you smoke weed again Wendell- you wont be allowed to play anymore. Do you understand buddy????"

Yeah, Ray was set up for success with shit like that wasnt he Hack? Holy Shit it's a wonder how Ray didnt go undefeated in the SEC with guys like Wendell left behind

Marshall Henderson makes fun on you.

Dawg61
04-27-2014, 09:06 AM

How much is "a lot longer than 3 years"? That sounds like double even triple that timeframe to me. Yea let's give Ray 10 years to get us to the NIT bubble.** Ray is about to start year 3 and he's added zero difference makers. We gonna win with hustle and bad shooting? We ****ed till MSU decides to stop being cheap.

coastdoglover
04-27-2014, 12:29 PM
There coach goes again saying Hood was gone. That is bullshit. I talked to Mr. Hood myself and he told me point blank his coach was out so he got out. don't let him keep posting shit without investigation, I did and he is a lying s o b trying to prove his rant for 10 years. Hack is right.

Coach34
04-27-2014, 12:41 PM
There coach goes again saying Hood was gone. That is bullshit. I talked to Mr. Hood myself and he told me point blank his coach was out so he got out. don't let him keep posting shit without investigation, I did and he is a lying s o b trying to prove his rant for 10 years. Hack is right.

"It was just a long, tough year for me," Hood said in April when he announced his intention to transfer. "Coach (Rick) Ray will be a great asset to Mississippi State, and getting to know him last week made this decision even harder, but after much thought, I am going to ask for a release. I wish my teammates and the program nothing but the best."

When Hood made his announcement, Ray downplayed the news, saying the decision "was made before" he was hired as the school's 19th men's basketball coach to replace Rick Stansbury, the school's all-time leader in wins, who retired in March after 14 seasons as head coach

Read more: http://cdispatch.com/sports/article.asp?aid=17665#ixzz306qxpD7V

You werent the only one that talked to the Hood's Geezer

tcdog70
04-27-2014, 02:15 PM
"It was just a long, tough year for me," Hood said in April when he announced his intention to transfer. "Coach (Rick) Ray will be a great asset to Mississippi State, and getting to know him last week made this decision even harder, but after much thought, I am going to ask for a release. I wish my teammates and the program nothing but the best."

When Hood made his announcement, Ray downplayed the news, saying the decision "was made before" he was hired as the school's 19th men's basketball coach to replace Rick Stansbury, the school's all-time leader in wins, who retired in March after 14 seasons as head coach

Read more: [URL]http://cdispatch.com/sports/article.asp?aid=17665#ixzz306qxpD7V[/

You werent the only one that talked to the Hood's Geezer

Ha, I can't believe you are quoting the Commercial Disgrace. WTF did you expect Him to Say. It is pretty well known that Ray blew it with Hood. His folks really didn't like Ray's cussing. And here we are going on three years later and Ray still can't recruit one Impact player. But He has no problem running off the players He has.

Noxdog
04-27-2014, 03:56 PM
Ha, I can't believe you are quoting the Commercial Disgrace. WTF did you expect Him to Say. It is pretty well known that Ray blew it with Hood. His folks really didn't like Ray's cussing. And here we are going on three years later and Ray still can't recruit one Impact player. But He has no problem running off the players He has.

Coach K is known for cussing like a sailor> What was your point again?

Raytoraid83
04-27-2014, 04:22 PM
Marshall Henderson makes fun on you.

Colin Borchert (a Rick Ray product) laughs along as well

tcdog70
04-27-2014, 04:55 PM
Coach K is known for cussing like a sailor> What was your point again?

Coach K vs Ray-- ha- really?

Noxdog
04-27-2014, 05:23 PM

The Hood's did not like RAY cursing, hence he left. All I'm saying is if it's good for the goose, ya know. Can't have it both ways.

Coach34
04-27-2014, 05:39 PM

what he is telling you is that your reference to cussing was stupid and simply not true...Hood did not leave because Ray cussed

tcdog70
04-27-2014, 07:43 PM
The Hood's did not like RAY cursing, hence he left. All I'm saying is if it's good for the goose, ya know. Can't have it both ways.

I didn't say hood left because of Rays cussing, I said they didn't like it.There is a difference in cussing and how you cuss. Most every coach cusses. GDs and F bombs vs shit, damn etc. some people are offended by GDs

CadaverDawg
04-27-2014, 07:46 PM
All in favor of this thread being given a bullet to the head, say "I". I'm getting sick of seeing it on the front page, and it has turned in to a brutal discussion that is going nowhere. Same stuff repeated for 7 pages.

tcdog70
04-27-2014, 07:50 PM
what he is telling you is that your reference to cussing was stupid and simply not true...Hood did not leave because Ray cussed

I have a couple of close Friends whose Kids played for MSU, they were introduced to RR and were amazed by his foul mouth. You tell lies on a daily basis. But are quick to call Lie on others. And please don't even start counting stupid post you've made. I really don't give a **** what you think. If dog shit were fall on your head you could rationalized with some obscure stat that it was cake icing.

tcdog70
04-27-2014, 07:53 PM
All in favor of this thread being given a bullet to the head, say "I". I'm getting sick of seeing it on the front page, and it has turned in to a brutal discussion that is going nowhere. Same stuff repeated for 7 pages.

Tell the Laimbeer of message boards to quit starting these post when this board gets boring. He should have the title of Shit Stirrer of Message Boards.

Coach34
04-27-2014, 07:53 PM
You tell lies on a daily basis.

That' funny. Just because you dont like the truth doesnt make it a lie