PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Stevens is an idiot.

messageboardsuperhero
04-22-2014, 11:58 PM
Out of boredom, I decided to listen to the Full Court Press on BSR with Matt Stevens (I know, bad idea).

Stevens is bound and determined to convince everyone that even if State finishes 10-2 in the SEC with a 20-10 record and wins the West, that we probably would not host. How does he come to that absurd conclusion? I have no idea. Listen here: http://media.vsporto.s3.amazonaws.com/_shows/bulldogsportsradio/2014-04-21-105125059-fullcourt422.mp3

Skip to the 9:40 mark.

ScoobaDawg
04-23-2014, 12:08 AM
Better yet...dont listen. Let that dumbass professional career dry up by not mentioning, clicking, or talking about anything of his.

CJDAWG85
04-23-2014, 12:25 AM
If, and a big if, we do finish 10-2 in the SEC, 20-10 overall in the SEC, and win the West, that would put us around 38-17. It would also mean that teams in front of us lost and we moved up in the polls. Right now we are on the outside looking in, but ending the regular season winning 16 of 18 would have us in the Top 10 in my opinion and in the Top 16 for sure. This guy is a moron.

messageboardsuperhero
04-23-2014, 12:33 AM
Obviously going 10-2 from here on in is a long shot- but IF it happened, we'd be a no doubt lock to host.

bluelightstar
04-23-2014, 12:34 AM
Stevens is actually pretty good with baseball. I don't agree here, but this is definitely his best sport

BeardoMSU
04-23-2014, 12:37 AM
Who the **** is this guy? His voice reeks of bitterness and anger....*******, he sounds like a whinning baby. The dude is obviously a homer (not in our favor). I wonder if he considers himself a "journalsit"?

BeardoMSU
04-23-2014, 12:53 AM
Jesus. I really regret listening to that swill. What a ****ing simple Jack..... DH Wes Rae?!? WTF are you smoking? If we have him in the line up, why the hell wouldn't we put him at first? His defense has always been good. This guy obviously knows nothing about baseball.

Oh, and the othe guy, who is obviously the "State Fan" spent that entire show nob slobbin' this dude. He was giving that prick layups the entire time, and not once fought back with any real vigor.

BulldogBear
04-23-2014, 07:00 AM
Jesus. I really regret listening to that swill. What a ****ing simple Jack..... DH Wes Rae?!? WTF are you smoking? If we have him in the line up, why the hell wouldn't we put him at first? His defense has always been good. This guy obviously knows nothing about baseball.

Oh, and the othe guy, who is obviously the "State Fan" spent that entire show nob slobbin' this dude. He was giving that prick layups the entire time, and not once fought back with any real vigor.

I've never even listened to this tool and I guess now I know why. Is this Stevens's version of H2H?

Matty Dispatch
04-23-2014, 07:22 AM
The funny thing is, I said no more than a month ago that MSU would have to go 20-10 to host a Regional because Aaron Fitt told me that. But I like to antagonize MSU fans. Mommy says it's my best quality. That and eating Doritos.

Coach34
04-23-2014, 07:32 AM
#mlbdraft

Yossarian
04-23-2014, 07:49 AM
Who the **** is this guy? His voice reeks of bitterness and anger....*******, he sounds like a whinning baby. The dude is obviously a homer (not in our favor). I wonder if he considers himself a "journalsit"? nfm

Eric Nies Grind Time
04-23-2014, 08:51 AM
Out of boredom, I decided to listen to the Full Court Press on BSR with Matt Stevens (I know, bad idea).

Stevens is bound and determined to convince everyone that even if State finishes 10-2 in the SEC with a 20-10 record and wins the West, that we probably would not host. How does he come to that absurd conclusion? I have no idea. Listen here: http://media.vsporto.s3.amazonaws.com/_shows/bulldogsportsradio/2014-04-21-105125059-fullcourt422.mp3

Skip to the 9:40 mark.

If we go 10-2 we probably win the SEC.

Political Hack
04-23-2014, 08:55 AM
the guy is only relevant if we choose to make him so.

RattStevens
04-23-2014, 09:00 AM
Who is this guy you are speaking about? He sounds like a gigantic douche. #mlbdraft

PassInterference
04-23-2014, 09:45 AM
Didn't Stevens say last year we wouldn't make the tournament, or something like that?

The same season we were CWS semifinalists.

maroonmania
04-23-2014, 10:11 AM
Part of it is he is just an extremely negative person ESPECIALLY when it comes to MSU athletic teams but you can tell that he is just that way in general. In this case he keeps harping on the RPI (which admittedly still isn't very good) but I can't believe if we get to 19-11 or 20-10 that our RPI won't make it to the Top 25. And admittedly our non-conference is dragging us down this year but last night's win certainly helps. As people have mentioned here on this board, Arkansas didn't get a host spot last year at 18-12 (which outdid 2 other SEC teams including us that DID host) but their non-conference resume was even worse than ours this year. To be honest, my biggest beef listening to Stevens on the show, and I'm open to hearing various opinions even pessimistic ones, is that he takes himself SOOOO serious. Like he is this "journalist" with these high unbiased opinions and ethics that is WAY above anything spouted by someone who is a mere fan. Its funny how offended he gets when Hadad or Coleman try to pick at him or make light of something he's said. He immediately gets so defensive its ridiculous.