04-22-2014, 09:49 PM
"We've got something special going on in the dugout the last few games."

I really really like the sound of that.

Coach34
04-22-2014, 10:01 PM
We're playing better- hope it continues

Harrydawg
04-22-2014, 10:06 PM
Yes, I was excited to hear that - sounds as if this team is rounding the corner as these young players get confidence and older players settle into ther new roles.....

Fixin to be an interesting run to Birmingham.

CadaverDawg
04-22-2014, 10:09 PM
Yes, I was excited to hear that - sounds as if this team is rounding the corner as these young players get confidence and older players settle into ther new roles.....

Fixin to be an interesting run to Birmingham.

Indeed.

I'm a big believer in team chemistry. Every team that makes a deep run has a great dugout and team chemistry it seems. Our team has lacked that this year after having it last year. So I was pretty excited to hear Coenz say that

DanDority
04-22-2014, 10:13 PM
[QUOTE=CadaverDawg;167202]Baseball is a LONG season
Cohen's teams always get better as the season progresses
Don't just read an article saying we have the smartest fans when it comes to baseball, be smart/QUOTE]

I tried to tell people on this board earlier in the season. But everybody wants to win every game. Baseball isn't like that.

Jack Lambert
04-23-2014, 07:54 AM
[QUOTE=CadaverDawg;167202]Baseball is a LONG season
Cohen's teams always get better as the season progresses
Don't just read an article saying we have the smartest fans when it comes to baseball, be smart/QUOTE]

I tried to tell people on this board earlier in the season. But everybody wants to win every game. Baseball isn't like that.

I am also tired of hearing radio clowns like Bo, Matt and Richard say we got lucky on the Saturday game against Ole Miss. I don't think luck has anything to do with baseballs. It comes down to hitting and errors not luck.

BogeyGolfer
04-23-2014, 09:42 AM
I have been saying this since February, Cohen's teams play better when the weather warms up! Mid to late April and down the stretch when it matters. A lot has to do with players figuring out their roles and gaining confidence... "In Cohen I Trust"... Yes this is a play off of Coach34's quote but it's the truth... Enjoy the upcoming ride, gents...

BeastMan
04-23-2014, 09:55 AM
Cohen's teams usually finish strong...

maroonmania
04-23-2014, 10:02 AM
Apparently this year the beards were all that was holding us back! :)

MabenMaroon
04-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Prior to the weekend at Mizzou, told my wife that I wasn't detecting any special chemistry or seeing any leaders emerge with this year's team. Talking about that feeling or sense about the team that developed last year with the last game of the TSUN series and the TAMU series. Didn't get that feeling or sense after Sat on SBW, glad we won that one, but still felt a lot of trepidation and Sunday sort of reinforced those feelings. Got a glimmer of hope of that this past Friday night in the way they kept hanging around and not letting the game get away from them ( which it seemed like we on the verge of the whole game ). Same kind of feelings again emerged on both Sat and Sun. Last night, when Laster hit the first batter and they went up 1-0, my wife was all antsy and pissed off, and worried about going to work today and being around her TSUN grad boss. However, kind of like last year's beginning of the good roll, I didn't seem to fret and told her that we got a long ways to go in the game and to be patient. Bottom line, is it seems we have begun developing that aura again and it is sure making this season seem a lot more hopeful that we will see a late season comparable to what we have seen the past two years. Fixing to get real exciting.

bulldogcountry1
04-23-2014, 01:12 PM
There just hasn't been much visible leadership and energy this season, compared to last year. It's been more of a workman-like approach. It's hard to complain about that, but you have to have that chemistry and attitude to make it in college sports. I'm sure it was a combination of things - inexperience, cold weather, entitlement, and lack of leadership - that lead to a "disappointing" first half. Now that some of the newcomers have earned their stripes and the veterans have been humbled, it's time to come together and play at a high level. We are starting to see it, and this weekend is a big chance to put ourselves in a position to win an SEC title and host.