PDA

View Full Version : So when will the 'SEC is down' excuses start this fall?

Goat Holder
04-22-2014, 06:02 PM
LSU look human
Texas A&M should be stepping backwards for at least one year
Arkansas is below average
Vandy without Franklin
Kentucky is Kentucky
Ole Miss is Ole Miss
Alabama seems human on offense and has no QB (although Derrick Henry will eat most defenses himself)

Auburn seems to be the only SEC team we'll play at the top of their game, and we have them at home. They lost their top OL and RB too, and we really were the better team when we played them.

Anyways, if we do pull this thing off and go 10-2 or so, when will the first 'SEC is down' comments come from? I say right after we beat Texas A&M. No Johnny Football, LSU lost everybody, SEC East is taking control, etc etc etc. God forbid Ole Miss messes up and beats Alabama in Oxford.

Pollodawg
04-22-2014, 06:13 PM
You can bet that if we do well, all you're going to hear is excuses. It won't possibly because we have the best QB in the conference and a top four D.

Political Hack
04-22-2014, 06:49 PM
You can bet that if we do well, all you're going to hear is excuses. It won't possibly because we have the best QB in the conference and a top four D.

had a top four defense last year. It should be better than that.

Coach34
04-22-2014, 06:58 PM
had a top four defense last year. It should be better than that.

Yep- shame you dont hear more people talking about that. Our D was top 4- and we have 19/22 on the 2 deep returning

Pollodawg
04-22-2014, 07:27 PM
Yep- shame you dont hear more people talking about that. Our D was top 4- and we have 19/22 on the 2 deep returning

Could we have the best D in the conference this season?

Coach34
04-22-2014, 07:31 PM
Could we have the best D in the conference this season?

we'll be there with Bama

Pollodawg
04-22-2014, 07:38 PM
we'll be there with Bama

Lats season, we were battling LSU for second in the West. I think we there was maybe a point or two difference between us.

Maroons
04-22-2014, 09:30 PM

It didn't help giving up big points to LSU and having a losing record for most of the year.

gravedigger
04-22-2014, 09:46 PM
Ole miss will be a good football team. How good I don't know. Same for us. But the difference btw is simply team cohesion. I think as much as we posses maturity and leadership they lack it severely. I think this came to fruition when we had a true freshman qb lead us well a hero emerge when it counted while they fell apart argued with coaches and fans blamed it all on a true freshman lineman getting hurt and a hc blaming it all on his qb not stupid play calling with kimdeechie when it stopped working.

Maroons
04-22-2014, 10:06 PM
We have more and deeper talent across the board than they do. Deep down their fans know it and it's killing them.

BulldogBear
04-22-2014, 11:30 PM
I often feel like MSU is actually the barometer for the whole conference in others' eyes. It's almost like they think we field the same team every year and all the other schools just land above or below us. So, if below, they're "down." It's really stupid. When LSU, Bama or any "Big Boy" beats us, can it not be said that State is "down?" Why is it okay for them to beat an average State team, but when we beat an uninspiring "big boy" they almost act like it doesn't count? Screw 'em. I hope they all win at least 8-10 and I hope the Beardouchesharks go 11-1 with a loss in the Egg Bowl. I'm sick of the "down" excuse. Everybody cannot go undefeated at the same time!! It's math.

MadDawg
04-23-2014, 09:24 AM
When will it start? As soon as it's needed.
And by whom? Whoever wants to discount our wins.

Weren't all the good years under Jackie discounted as "the SEC was down"? Of course. And the wins this year will be too, if we manage to finish near the top. And it won't just be the confederates. Nope, it will also be those that want to get rid of Mullen. Like several regulars on here were doing a few months ago.