PDA

View Full Version : SEC Network Commercials: Hits and Misses

BeastMan
04-22-2014, 11:00 AM
http://3rdand57.com/sec-network-commercials-hits-and-misses/

I have every commercial embedded and my thoughts on them. I thought both MSU's and the Rebel's were good spots. I thought Auburn's was the best. Texas A&M and UT's were horrendous. I also ranked them from best to worst? What are you guys thoughts?

Also worth noting (and I linked it in my story) is that Bob Carskadon said that the ESPN Network will likely make documentaries based on the best commercials and LFL was a strong contender for that. Very cool.

Political Hack
04-22-2014, 11:52 AM
I actually liked Kentucky's.

I though SC's and OM's we're two of the best. Can't beat Bama's though. Auburn's and State's were incredibly appropriate.

Florida - swamp sway
A&M - 12th man
UT - Vil navy
UGA - UGA, the hedges, Dooley, etc...

BulldogBear
04-22-2014, 12:15 PM
Watched 'em all. Do wish ours had just a few seconds of something more energetic. Wish the stadium looked full.

No Hotty Toddy cheer in the Bear one?

I still consider KY a miss but I'd rank it the least so, transposing Florida and Kentucky. I'd love to see the laser show in person.

UT and UGA were huge misses and I didn't think FLA was that creative. Vols and UGA seemed to phone it in. A&M should've featured the dog I suppose but like ours have a few seconds of something else.

RAYn_Man
04-22-2014, 12:33 PM
I wasn't that high on ours. Would have been nice to have some more big picture shots so you get the entire feel for the lounge. Made it seem like just a few families hanging out. Also, a night game with the smoke over the outfield would have been sick.

How does TAMU not work Johnny Football into theirs?

DanDority
04-22-2014, 12:51 PM
I didn't like how Bummer's showed the '41 national title flag, when it should reside in starkvegas .

dawgs
04-22-2014, 12:53 PM
it's just a shame that they couldn't have held off on filming ours until the record breaking SBW crowd. that would have been provided a pretty sweet backdrop to the old timers talking about the lounge.

MaxedOutMaroon
04-22-2014, 01:19 PM
Man, the Bama one got me hyped! I would put that in front of auburn, other than that very well done article and rankings.

BeastMan
04-22-2014, 01:34 PM
I didn't like how Bummer's showed the '41 national title flag, when it should reside in starkvegas .

We should have claimed that years ago