PDA

View Full Version : Laster starting tonight

CadaverDawg
04-22-2014, 10:23 AM
Thoughts?

I like it. I've liked Laster since I first saw him pitch. I hope he surprises us tonight and shuts em down

Lefthandersrule
04-22-2014, 10:32 AM
It's time for these young guys to log some innings and develop. I would like to see Hudson and Houston pitch tonight also.

CadaverDawg
04-22-2014, 10:33 AM
I figured this would get a ton of responses. Is this old news that Laster is our starting pitcher tonight at Trustmark?

CadaverDawg
04-22-2014, 10:34 AM
It's time for these young guys to log some innings and develop. I would like to see Hudson and Houston pitch tonight also.

Hopefully we won't need many pitchers tonight. Maybe Laster can channel his inner Ross Mitchell

BeardoMSU
04-22-2014, 10:35 AM
When was the last time he threw?

RAYn_Man
04-22-2014, 10:37 AM
I heard Houston is following Laster tonight.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-22-2014, 10:40 AM
Who the hell is laster?

Coach34
04-22-2014, 10:44 AM
Who?

engie
04-22-2014, 10:45 AM
He's a JR transfer from Columbia State CC... First career start -- and it was just announced a few minutes ago...

It's about time Cohen and Butch pull a couple of ace pitchers out of their ass and for us to go on a roll... Hopefully it starts tonight...

The Croom Diaries
04-22-2014, 10:49 AM
This is pretty surprising. He has only pitched 5.2 innings this year. Although 4.2 have been in SEC play.

I was with Todd and thoughts Fitts should start. OM is 9th in RPI - that is the best team we will play RPI-wise from now until the SEC Tourney...this win is important to hold on to the very little hosting chance we still have. If we were going with a freshman lefty I thought Tatum would be a slightly better choice since he did start last Tuesday.

I imagine he won't go more than 3 or so innings anyway. We are missing Cox, Brown and Shelly right now - hard to believe we're down to a guy that was a redshirt candidate to start the Gov. Cup.

mstatefan91
04-22-2014, 10:59 AM
Why isn't the game on tv?

I don't understand....

bulldogcountry1
04-22-2014, 11:17 AM
Given who all is supposedly unavailable, there were only a few left to pick from. I think Fitts should be made available for a couple innings.

As far as RPI, which is better? A neutral win against UM and a home loss against TAM or a neutral loss against UM and a home win against TAM?

If beating UM is important to our RPI, I say we make Holder and Lindgren available. If not, save them for conference play.

BulldogBear
04-22-2014, 11:22 AM
Why isn't the game on tv?

I don't understand....

SOMETIMES, one of the Jackson stations has had it on. I dunno if they do this year or not.

Goat Holder
04-22-2014, 11:23 AM
I was with Todd and thoughts Fitts should start. OM is 9th in RPI - that is the best team we will play RPI-wise from now until the SEC Tourney...this win is important to hold on to the very little hosting chance we still have. If we were going with a freshman lefty I thought Tatum would be a slightly better choice since he did start last Tuesday.
SEC record means more. Committee looks at overall record, and they also look at series W-L record. Anyways, our hosting chances likely come down to what we do in Tuscaloosa on May 15-17.

Fitts throws Thursday. To move the weekend rotation would not be smart.

maroonmania
04-22-2014, 11:28 AM
I'll just prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Could get ugly tonight.

bartgregory
04-22-2014, 11:35 AM
Thoughts?

I like it. I've liked Laster since I first saw him pitch. I hope he surprises us tonight and shuts em down

That's no balls and one strike if you're scoring at home.

The Croom Diaries
04-22-2014, 11:37 AM
SEC record means more. Committee looks at overall record, and they also look at series W-L record. Anyways, our hosting chances likely come down to what we do in Tuscaloosa on May 15-17.

Ok, then. Please explain to me how South Carolina and Mississippi State were chosen as host locations last year with a 17-12 and 16-14 SEC record respectively, while Arkansas was passed over with an 18-11 SEC record - and Arkansas swept South Carolina and took 2 of 3 from MSU.

Goat Holder
04-22-2014, 11:50 AM
Congratulations, you found the exception to the rule. The answer to the question is most definitely a shitty RPI.

But they played a complete shit OOC schedule, and got swept in the only decent OOC series they did play. MSU has played a tougher schedule OOC this year.

9 times out of 10, that team will host. And had they won one more SEC game, they probably would have. If we get to 18 SEC wins we're on the hosting bubble, 19 we're a lock.

Saltydog
04-22-2014, 11:59 AM
nt

Coach34
04-22-2014, 12:33 PM

thats why he's the best in the business folks

bulldogcountry1
04-22-2014, 12:35 PM

Nice.

Todd4State
04-22-2014, 12:53 PM
I wouldn't start Laster. Fitts is essentially a relief pitcher that just happens to start as far as I am concerned. He goes about 50 pitches every time. He should be able to pitch tonight, throw 50 and then start Saturday.

So, I don't like it one bit.

Goat Holder
04-22-2014, 12:55 PM
So who starts Thursday?

DudyDawg
04-22-2014, 01:10 PM
I don't know anything about him. Can anyone give a little bit of insight on his stuff and info. One of few names I hear and say "who the hell is that"

Also, is it on hailstate?

Saltydog
04-22-2014, 01:56 PM
nt

The Croom Diaries
04-22-2014, 03:26 PM
Congratulations, you found the exception to the rule. The answer to the question is most definitely a shitty RPI.

But they played a complete shit OOC schedule, and got swept in the only decent OOC series they did play. MSU has played a tougher schedule OOC this year.

9 times out of 10, that team will host. And had they won one more SEC game, they probably would have. If we get to 18 SEC wins we're on the hosting bubble, 19 we're a lock.

RPI is pretty damn important. It is the single biggest factor in determining who host. Last year all 16 host were in the top 16 of the RPI.

LC Dawg
04-22-2014, 03:41 PM
Leaving for Pearl soon. Hoping to grab a bite and a couple of beers before first pitch. Man, I hope we beat those pompous pricks.

paco
04-22-2014, 04:11 PM
Hudson's arm is a liitle stiff. Hudson is close to pitching again.

CadaverDawg
04-22-2014, 10:06 PM
Thoughts?

Cadavstradomous strikes again. And how bout my boy Britton making a major impact.

Oh yea, Ole Miss....Go To Hell

Goat Holder
04-22-2014, 10:24 PM
Good call.....but Britton is MY boy, ask Croom Diaries

BulldogBear
04-22-2014, 11:17 PM
Hudson's arm is a liitle stiff. Hudson is close to pitching again.

Me, my son and some friends sat right above the State bullpen. Saw him in the bullpen but he never warmed up that I recall. Got a good look at Laster's stuff pregame. More or less impressed with him. He settled down after opening jitters though....

....he needs to control his anger against the batters***

Todd4State
04-23-2014, 12:12 AM
So who starts Thursday?

I would have gone Ross Thursday, Preston/Woodruff Friday, and then back to Fitts/Lindgren on Sat.

I wouldn't have let Fitts go beyond 50 pitches in the Governor's Cup. Everything worked out OK.

The Croom Diaries
04-23-2014, 08:35 AM
Good call.....but Britton is MY boy, ask Croom Diaries

He is your boy. Too bad my boy, Seth Heck, won the starting SS job after two weeks of Britton's screw ups.

Hypnodawg
04-23-2014, 08:45 AM
At some point I'd have to have told him to go ahead and hit the umpire"Because you've hit every other *******ed thing out there, I want you to be perfect."

Me, my son and some friends sat right above the State bullpen. Saw him in the bullpen but he never warmed up that I recall. Got a good look at Laster's stuff pregame. More or less impressed with him. He settled down after opening jitters though....

....he needs to control his anger against the batters***

Hypnodawg
04-23-2014, 08:46 AM
Britton is rocking 3rd base. Can't believe he wasn't always at 3rd.

He is your boy. Too bad my boy, Seth Heck, won the starting SS job after two weeks of Britton's screw ups.

BulldogBear
04-23-2014, 10:04 AM
At some point I'd have to have told him to go ahead and hit the umpire"Because you've hit every other *******ed thing out there, I want you to be perfect."

I literally LOL'ed for once

engie
04-23-2014, 10:34 AM

35 seconds

http://youtu.be/K_ILz9bC-VU?t=35s