PDA

View Full Version : Keith Law ranks Sandberg at 59...Renfroe at 11

Coach34
05-11-2013, 12:27 AM
Folks- Sandberg isnt coming to State

Time to hope Damien Williams is a solid QB- and I think he will be from what I've seen. We need to get another Spread Option QB in this next class

msstate7
05-11-2013, 12:34 AM
I agree. We need to be all over bench

Pollodawg
05-11-2013, 09:52 AM
I fear you are correct. But in this instance, with a talent like Sandberg, all we could do was try. But at least we missed to a career opportunity and not some other school. Looking at Bench's situation, why wouldn't he want to come here? The chance to compete for a starting job in the SEC is his for the taking.

Coach34
05-11-2013, 10:03 AM
. Looking at Bench's situation, why wouldn't he want to come here? The chance to compete for a starting job in the SEC is his for the taking.

totally agree

FlabLoser
05-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Tough call. A school like us needs to roll the dice on a guy like Cord.

Shirley we didn't stop going after other QBs though. I imagine other QBs didn't like rolling the dice against Cord. If Cord comes the other QB is stuck, so the other QB doesn't come here either.

Cord hurt our chances to sign an alternative in 2013.

We gambled, we lost. Let's hope Mullen can find another talent. I'm more hopeful for signing a guy with skills than hoping a Damien Williams is a needle in a haystack.

msstate7
05-11-2013, 10:08 AM
If cord signs with mlb and doesn't make it, is his loi binding if he comes back to college?

FlabLoser
05-11-2013, 10:23 AM
According to Bo Bounds, yes. He was saying Cord could be MSU's Chris Winkie - a good 26 year old college QB.

That's prior to the NCAA stepping in and hashtagging us by making the amateurism rules cross functional across all sports.

Pollodawg
05-11-2013, 10:52 AM
totally agree

And per him coming from Pen State, he doesn't have to sit out a season. So, not only could he come in and compete, he could do so, right now.