PDA

View Full Version : Since shaving the beards...

preachermatt83
04-20-2014, 07:11 PM
we are 4-0 and averaging nearly 9 runs per game... that probably has more to do with finally sitting Rea and playing some younger guys than it does with anything but an interesting note non the less.

Saltydog
04-20-2014, 07:14 PM
nt

blacklistedbully
04-20-2014, 07:18 PM
And a bad Mizzou team

I seen it dawg
04-20-2014, 07:20 PM
4 wins. Take them without bitching.

TheRef
04-20-2014, 07:21 PM
Oh ffs people, can't we not be happy for one weekend for us going 4-0 this week? We're producing runs. Some of you just can't be satisfied can you?

raymond21
04-20-2014, 07:29 PM
Two weeks ago, Mizzou would have beat us twice

mic
04-20-2014, 07:29 PM
4 wins. Take them without bitching.

yep.. same Mizzu team that went on the road the week before at UK and took 2 of 3...

preachermatt83
04-20-2014, 07:36 PM
Two weeks ago, Mizzou would have beat us twice

amen!

Bully13
04-20-2014, 07:52 PM
there's too much excitement among Bulldog Brethren at this point. we've yet to prove we can score enough runs against top notch college pitching. we orgasm at the wrong points and don't suck in reality when it hits us in the face. we have a pitiful hitting / scoring approach.... we talk about our low hitting average and don't acknowledge it is coupled with a high strike out avg, no pop in the bat that produces doubles, triples or (GOD FORBID A HR), and then we put icing on the cake with piss poor base running, bunts in the wrong situations and leaving Hendo out of the line up..

we are ****ed. plain and simple. I told you dumb ****s after that miracle win agains ole miss we were ****ed and to keep your enthusiam curtailed..

maybe you will listen this time. we are ****ed .. however you want to blame it , fine. but this team ain't doing shit this year...

blacklistedbully
04-20-2014, 07:54 PM
yep.. same Mizzu team that went on the road the week before at UK and took 2 of 3...

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we won 4. But let's not get carried away just yet. Holy Cross beat us twice at home. That make them good, too? Mizzou is in last place in the SEC. Frankly, I'd be pissed if we'd lost any of the last 4 games.

I'm not trying to bitch, just responding to the thread and keeping it real.

I seen it dawg
04-20-2014, 07:55 PM
Bully13 we are probably beneath you. With that being said it's probably best you not post here because we make you look bad, us being dumb****s and all. Bye.

Maroons
04-20-2014, 08:54 PM
Bully13 we are probably beneath you. With that being said it's probably best you not post here because we make you look bad, us being dumb****s and all. Bye.

I agree in principle with most of what Bully said.

Coach34
04-20-2014, 09:11 PM

Thats swell. Just be careful who you call a dumb****

chef dixon
04-20-2014, 09:13 PM
We are the most competitive shitty team I've ever seen.

Coach34
04-20-2014, 09:17 PM
We are the most competitive shitty team I've ever seen.

This is 2011 all over again. And that team was 2 innings away from Omaha. We had a hard time scoring in 2011, but made up for it with pitching and D. We're basically doing the same this year.

State82
04-20-2014, 09:32 PM
Oh ffs people, can't we not be happy for one weekend for us going 4-0 this week? We're producing runs. Some of you just can't be satisfied can you?

I second this motion.

I seen it dawg
04-20-2014, 09:35 PM

But the message gets lost in him just being a straight dick to be a dick. He's incapable of having a discussion. He can cool off then when he's back can fit in (ie not just go straight to name calling and general douchbaggery) or go somewhere else.

I seen it dawg
04-20-2014, 09:36 PM

I agree with some of his point too. It's never the message that gets someone banned it's the delivery.

Todd4State
04-20-2014, 10:12 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we won 4. But let's not get carried away just yet. Holy Cross beat us twice at home. That make them good, too? Mizzou is in last place in the SEC. Frankly, I'd be pissed if we'd lost any of the last 4 games.

I'm not trying to bitch, just responding to the thread and keeping it real.

Well, since we're keeping it real, we're a totally different team now than we were in February. What it makes Holy Cross is a mid major that snuck up on a SEC team in the pre-SEC play before they settled their lineup.

dawgs
04-20-2014, 10:18 PM

He's not bitching about the Ws, he's saying let's not try to claim all this is due to a return of the hardass Cohen. There are ups and downs in baseball, that's just how it goes, we were down for a few weeks, but we've taken care of business against some weaker competition. Has little or nothing to do with facial hair and being a hardass, and most or everything to do with playing Alcorn and mizzou instead of lsu and ole miss. That's not bitching about the Ws, just making a realistic point instead of twisting shit to fit your narrative.

Todd4State
04-20-2014, 10:19 PM
there's too much excitement among Bulldog Brethren at this point. we've yet to prove we can score enough runs against top notch college pitching. we orgasm at the wrong points and don't suck in reality when it hits us in the face. we have a pitiful hitting / scoring approach.... we talk about our low hitting average and don't acknowledge it is coupled with a high strike out avg, no pop in the bat that produces doubles, triples or (GOD FORBID A HR), and then we put icing on the cake with piss poor base running, bunts in the wrong situations and leaving Hendo out of the line up..

we are ****ed. plain and simple. I told you dumb ****s after that miracle win agains ole miss we were ****ed and to keep your enthusiam curtailed..

maybe you will listen this time. we are ****ed .. however you want to blame it , fine. but this team ain't doing shit this year...

Ever since the infamous indoor practice, we have hit 8 extra base hits NOT INCLUDING what we did against Alcorn.

I don't get people wanting Henderson in the lineup and then bitching about the base running since he is one of our worst base runners? He got thrown out at third after his double. And then there is the sweet 1-2-3 double play he hit into with the bases loaded.

Give me Derrick Armstrong, CT, and Cody Brown.

Todd4State
04-20-2014, 10:23 PM
He's not bitching about the Ws, he's saying let's not try to claim all this is due to a return of the hardass Cohen. There are ups and downs in baseball, that's just how it goes, we were down for a few weeks, but we've taken care of business against some weaker competition. Has little or nothing to do with facial hair and being a hardass, and most or everything to do with playing Alcorn and mizzou instead of lsu and ole miss. That's not bitching about the Ws, just making a realistic point instead of twisting shit to fit your narrative.

So, saying that we went 4-0 and are producing some runs is "twisting shit to fit a narrative"?

I have a feeling that if we beat Mizzou 16-0 you would still claim "meh, weak opponent". And speaking of twisting shit to fit a narrative, you might want to look at our record and schedule and compare it to Ole Miss and LSU including our conference records.

engie
04-20-2014, 10:42 PM
As this place has grown, it's become hard as hell to wade through the dumbass bullshit to find decent discussions.

The funny thing is -- Many of you these people were saying the exact same thing at this point last year...

dawgs
04-20-2014, 10:48 PM
So, saying that we went 4-0 and are producing some runs is "twisting shit to fit a narrative"?

I have a feeling that if we beat Mizzou 16-0 you would still claim "meh, weak opponent". And speaking of twisting shit to fit a narrative, you might want to look at our record and schedule and compare it to Ole Miss and LSU including our conference records.

Attributing a 4-0 run against mizzou and Alcorn to shaving the beards (aka the return of hardass Cohen) without considering the change in quality of opponents is at best ignoring pertinent facts so you can say it was all due to "shaving the beards" or whatever.

I'm glad we won, but declaring that what Cohen did after last weekend as the reason for it is a bit misleading. If in a month we've been on a big roll since last weekend, maybe you can call it a turning point. For now we beat inferior teams and it remains to be seen whether the chance in Cohen's handling of the team had anything to do with it.

Intramural All-American
04-20-2014, 10:55 PM
Attributing a 4-0 run against mizzou and Alcorn to shaving the beards (aka the return of hardass Cohen) without considering the change in quality of opponents is at best ignoring pertinent facts so you can say it was all due to "shaving the beards" or whatever.

I'm glad we won, but declaring that what Cohen did after last weekend as the reason for it is a bit misleading. If in a month we've been on a big roll since last weekend, maybe you can call it a turning point. For now we beat inferior teams and it remains to be seen whether the chance in Cohen's handling of the team had anything to do with it.

And calling us a crap team when we are 2 games out of first place in the SEC is pretty retarded in itself. We haven't won pretty, but we have won. And guess what, we don't have to play LSU and Ole Miss again.

dawgs
04-20-2014, 11:00 PM
And calling us a crap team when we are 2 games out of first place in the SEC is pretty retarded in itself. We haven't won pretty, but we have won. And guess what, we don't have to play LSU and Ole Miss again.

Who called us a crap team?

Intramural All-American
04-20-2014, 11:06 PM
Bully13. And Maroons agreed with him. I thought you were the one who agreed with his points, but I was mistaken. My apologies for replying to you.

Todd4State
04-20-2014, 11:07 PM

We'll see if it's a turning point or not- but the fact of the matter is we played with a LOT more energy this weekend than we did the last two. "inferior" teams or not.

engie
04-20-2014, 11:18 PM
We'll see if it's a turning point or not- but the fact of the matter is we played with a LOT more energy this weekend than we did the last two. "inferior" teams or not.

Such things can't be evaluated via reading box scores and becoming an instant expert**

We're one good week from being right back where we need to be. Yet we've got a "sky's falling" faction telling us why the last 4 didn't mean anything...

dawgs
04-21-2014, 02:58 AM
Such things can't be evaluated via reading box scores and becoming an instant expert**

We're one good week from being right back where we need to be. Yet we've got a "sky's falling" faction telling us why the last 4 didn't mean anything...

No one said it didn't mean anything. Jesus Christ. All that was said is that it remains to be seen if the change in how Cohen is handling the team is making the difference or if it's because we played a weaker team. How is that diminishing our sweep? We swept the worst team in the conference like we were supposed to. I'll wait to see what we do the next few weekends before declaring us back on track.

Political Hack
04-21-2014, 07:13 AM
Braves have Waffle House. State has clean shaved faces.

get over it.

Quaoarsking
04-21-2014, 07:26 AM
We only need to go 7-5 over the last 12 to have Cohen's best conference record ever at MSU. With the remaining schedule, 7-5 would be a disappointment.

But no, we're horrible and probably won't make a Regional.**

mic
04-21-2014, 07:34 AM
No one said it didn't mean anything. Jesus Christ. All that was said is that it remains to be seen if the change in how Cohen is handling the team is making the difference or if it's because we played a weaker team. How is that diminishing our sweep? We swept the worst team in the conference like we were supposed to. I'll wait to see what we do the next few weekends before declaring us back on track.

Its a baseball thing... And Cohen needed to get in some ass cause apparently none or few of the upper classmen were. Shaved beards and we are 4-0.. If Cohen said today u all can grow the beards back NO ONE would.. Some of you are probably the type that would tell a pitcher you have a no hitter thru 6 innings..
Just like the term slump buster.. Actually someone needs to find Wes and Detz and couple ASAP...
Some of you turned the shaved beards run into we played 2 teams (Alcorn and mizzu) that aren't good. Again it's baseball teams get hot . How many other teams on the SEC this year have gone on the road and gotten a sweep?? I bet not many. Everyone knows what this team is . But if a few guys start hitting and we find someone to step up on the Sunday spot we can make another long run..
So chill out and enjoy the past week and lets go 4-0 this week... And find something else some of you can bitch about..

TheRef
04-21-2014, 07:54 AM
Braves have Waffle House. State has clean shaved faces.

get over it.

All Hail the Waffle House at the Ted!

http://waga.images.worldnow.com/images/23096697_SA.jpg

basedog
04-21-2014, 07:57 AM
Thank the good Lord for this past week, 4-0! I can't believe what some of the "armchair experts" spew on this board!

Opinions matter, but it's clearly who is stating them!

Political Hack
04-21-2014, 08:02 AM
win. win. win. win. complain.

BulldogBear
04-21-2014, 08:11 AM
But the message gets lost in him just being a straight dick to be a dick. He's incapable of having a discussion. He can cool off then when he's back can fit in (ie not just go straight to name calling and general douchbaggery) or go somewhere else.

I love this idiom. Our grandpas might've labeled it general nimcompoopery 50-60 years ago if they had had message boards to gripe/cheer about MSU sports!

For S&G, I found this definition:

douchebaggery
The greatest word of all time, simple yet pleasing in its onomatopoeic beauty. For one to commit douchebaggery, he/she is not limited to but may include some or perhaps all of the following behaviors:

- the wearing of flat-billed baseball caps backwards
- using an enormous amount of gel to spike the hair porcupine style
- wearing polo shirts or any other type of shirt with the collar popped, a disgusting gesture that should've died in the 1980s with parachute pants
- the sideways peace sign gesture
- overdone pursing of the lips
- too many visits to the tanning salon
- pointing at oneself, holding up beer cans, or making other obscenely immature gestures in solo or group photos
- following trends for the sake of fitting in (see "goatee")
- adding "The" or the suffix "-ster" to one's name, as in "The Rickster"

See Guido or perhaps frat boy for more. Essentially, "douchebaggery" is one of those things as easily understood by definition as it is by one's demonstrations of it.

dawgs
04-21-2014, 10:40 AM
some of yall need to work on reading comprehension. that's all.

Boodawg
04-21-2014, 12:28 PM
No one else in SEC has swept Mizzou at their place...

dawgs
04-21-2014, 12:32 PM
no one is playing down the Ws. some of us are just playing down the correlation between hardass, no beards cohen and the Ws. that's all. nothing more.

mic
04-21-2014, 12:52 PM
no one is playing down the Ws. some of us are just playing down the correlation between hardass, no beards cohen and the Ws. that's all. nothing more.

All the thread said was basically we are 4-0 after clean faces and Cohen getting red assed..
No one said NCAA Champs or even Omaha bound..
Last year after the "Power Point" that was done and presented to Cohen with the beards, no undershirts , bench mob crap, ect.. it seem to kick start the team and get us on the run. Maybe the shaved faces and hard ass Cohen will do the same this year..
But yet a few of you throw in the beating Alcorn or bad Mizzu team or some other excuse and try and downplay that we just went 4-0 and did something no other SEC team has done this year and that's sweep Mizzu on the road.. .. That's the stuff that gets old..

dawgs
04-21-2014, 01:12 PM
All the thread said was basically we are 4-0 after clean faces and Cohen getting red assed..
No one said NCAA Champs or even Omaha bound..
Last year after the "Power Point" that was done and presented to Cohen with the beards, no undershirts , bench mob crap, ect.. it seem to kick start the team and get us on the run. Maybe the shaved faces and hard ass Cohen will do the same this year..
But yet a few of you throw in the beating Alcorn or bad Mizzu team or some other excuse and try and downplay that we just went 4-0 and did something no other SEC team has done this year and that's sweep Mizzu on the road.. .. That's the stuff that gets old..

their home conference series have been against tenn and uga. hardly murderers' row. there's simply not enough sample size against the better half of the conference to take anything meaningful away from being the only sec team to sweep mizzou on columbia thus far. so we are clearly better than tenn, uga, and mizzou. we all already thought/knew that even after the lsu and ole miss series. it's easy to say something that sounds impressive like "we are the only team to sweep them in columbia" until you take 10 seconds to look at the facts and realize it's not really that impressive given their home slate thus far. that's not pissing in anyone's cheerios, it's merely being intelligent and realistic. i don't know if our sweep is due to the return of hardass, no beard cohen or if it's due to playing the worst team in the conference. that remains to be determined. anyone that argues otherwise or tries to twist that into me (or whoever else mentioned) being negative and shitting on our performance is a ****ing moron that can't understand minimally nuanced thought.

mic
04-21-2014, 02:11 PM
their home conference series have been against tenn and uga. hardly murderers' row. there's simply not enough sample size against the better half of the conference to take anything meaningful away from being the only sec team to sweep mizzou on columbia thus far. so we are clearly better than tenn, uga, and mizzou. we all already thought/knew that even after the lsu and ole miss series. it's easy to say something that sounds impressive like "we are the only team to sweep them in columbia" until you take 10 seconds to look at the facts and realize it's not really that impressive given their home slate thus far. that's not pissing in anyone's cheerios, it's merely being intelligent and realistic. i don't know if our sweep is due to the return of hardass, no beard cohen or if it's due to playing the worst team in the conference. that remains to be determined. anyone that argues otherwise or tries to twist that into me (or whoever else mentioned) being negative and shitting on our performance is a ****ing moron that can't understand minimally nuanced thought.

Up until this weekend there has only been 6 series that went 3-0.
There had been NONE where the visiting team swept the series
I believe we are the ONLY team this year in conference play to go on the road and sweep. So yeah its a BIG deal..

blacklistedbully
04-21-2014, 03:57 PM
No one else in SEC has swept Mizzou at their place...

But they have lost 3-in-a-row at their place twice before we came to town, and to some unimpressive teams.

What so many of you aren't grasping is that, most of us who are "complaining" are really only "complaining" about the degree of accomplishment the OP wants to assign to these victories, or the reason for the wins.

We are happy for the wins, but perhaps more relieved, than happy. This is perfectly reasonable given the opponent, and given our performance just prior to our beating up of a couple of relative weaklings.

In our previous 7 games versus quality opponents we went 2-5, damn near going 1-6. We got our asses kicked in 3 of those 5 losses. It is simply foolish to imagine these past 4 games have remotely wiped-the-slate-clean on those previous games. We need to show we are capable of beating the quality teams consistently before we deserve to crow too much.

If we win 3 of the next 4, it'll be much more appropriate to be as positive as many of you feel is already warranted. At a minimum we need to go 2-2 with at least 1 loss being competitive, IMO.

Stop and reflect a minute. Going into the game versus Alcorn State followed by 3 versus Mizzou, what would it have taken to make you feel concerned we were in trouble? Would you really feel good if we'd lost even 1 of those games? If not, then why feel like the extra win means so much more?

I prefer to be glad we beat 2 teams we should have beaten every time, and let that give me hope we're coming out of it, rather than declare these 4 games as PROOF we have turned the corner.

Boodawg
04-21-2014, 04:17 PM
But they have lost 3-in-a-row at their place twice before we came to town, and to some unimpressive teams.

What so many of you aren't grasping is that, most of us who are "complaining" are really only "complaining" about the degree of accomplishment the OP wants to assign to these victories, or the reason for the wins.

We are happy for the wins, but perhaps more relieved, than happy. This is perfectly reasonable given the opponent, and given our performance just prior to our beating up of a couple of relative weaklings.

In our previous 7 games versus quality opponents we went 2-5, damn near going 1-6. We got our asses kicked in 3 of those 5 losses. It is simply foolish to imagine these past 4 games have remotely wiped-the-slate-clean on those previous games. We need to show we are capable of beating the quality teams consistently before we deserve to crow too much.

If we win 3 of the next 4, it'll be much more appropriate to be as positive as many of you feel is already warranted. At a minimum we need to go 2-2 with at least 1 loss being competitive, IMO.

Stop and reflect a minute. Going into the game versus Alcorn State followed by 3 versus Mizzou, what would it have taken to make you feel concerned we were in trouble? Would you really feel good if we'd lost even 1 of those games? If not, then why feel like the extra win means so much more?

I prefer to be glad we beat 2 teams we should have beaten every time, and let that give me hope we're coming out of it, rather than declare these 4 games as PROOF we have turned the corner.

I did not know they had been swept by some other folks outside of SEC. I didn't look it up. I am as excited as the next guy about these recent wins, and I like the new lineups, and hope we keep it that way. I hope the wins at Mizzou was a start to better play. They did beat Kentucky last week 2 of 3. Anyway, I am very hopeful this is where we turn it around. Go Dawgs!!

drunkernhelldawg
04-21-2014, 04:24 PM
Thats swell. Just be careful who you call a dumb****

That's just his way of communicating. He's on a certain spot on the learning curve. He's having a tough time getting traction. Not sure he understands "careful" yet.

Todd4State
04-21-2014, 04:27 PM
But they have lost 3-in-a-row at their place twice before we came to town, and to some unimpressive teams.What so many of you aren't grasping is that, most of us who are "complaining" are really only "complaining" about the degree of accomplishment the OP wants to assign to these victories, or the reason for the wins.

Not this year Mizzou hasn't. We're the only team that has swept them in Columbia thus far.

http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-basebl/sched/miss-m-basebl-sched.html

I seen it dawg
04-21-2014, 04:40 PM
That's just his way of communicating. He's on a certain spot on the learning curve. He's having a tough time getting traction. Not sure he understands "careful" yet.

He will be communicating somewhere else for awhile.

blacklistedbully
04-21-2014, 05:10 PM
Not this year Mizzou hasn't. We're the only team that has swept them in Columbia thus far.

http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-basebl/sched/miss-m-basebl-sched.html

I said they have lost at least 3-in-a-row at home twice before. That said, I do need to correct one mistake, as one of the streaks counted a tourney where they were just listed as the "home team". The fact that it wasn't a "sweep" by the same team means absolutely nothing by way of making it any less indicative of how bad they have been this year. In fact, one could argue it's worse to lose these 3 in a row:

Southern Il.
UGA
UGA

In any case, looking again at their schedule, perhaps they're not quite as bad lately as they have been most of the season. but I still don't look at them as a quality opponent, and I don't think we should celebrate too much until we do start beating quality opponents again. Let's be happy for the wins we should get, but not declare some other kind of extended victory or a "conquering of our demons" until we actually do wins series again versus quality teams.

Todd4State
04-21-2014, 05:46 PM
I said they have lost at least 3-in-a-row at home twice before. That said, I do need to correct one mistake, as one of the streaks counted a tourney where they were just listed as the "home team". The fact that it wasn't a "sweep" by the same team means absolutely nothing by way of making it any less indicative of how bad they have been this year. In fact, one could argue it's worse to lose these 3 in a row:

Southern Il.
UGA
UGA

In any case, looking again at their schedule, perhaps they're not quite as bad lately as they have been most of the season. but I still don't look at them as a quality opponent, and I don't think we should celebrate too much until we do start beating quality opponents again. Let's be happy for the wins we should get, but not declare some other kind of extended victory or a "conquering of our demons" until we actually do wins series again versus quality teams.

According to their schedule they haven't other than to us. That Southern Illinois game was played in O'Fallon which is a suburb or St. Louis.

It's darn hard to sweep anyone in the SEC. You can look at what Mizzou has done in SEC play and that bears that out. The only other time that they have been swept was in Oxford.

I'm sorry if we're "celebrating" our baseball team sweeping someone is something that you have trouble handling right now. But the fact of the matter is as of last week we wouldn't have swept Mizzou on the road and that is at the very least encouraging. Like I said last week- our players can either pack it in or fight. It looks like they've chosen to fight.

blacklistedbully
04-21-2014, 05:57 PM
According to their schedule they haven't other than to us. That Southern Illinois game was played in O'Fallon which is a suburb or St. Louis.

It's darn hard to sweep anyone in the SEC. You can look at what Mizzou has done in SEC play and that bears that out. The only other time that they have been swept was in Oxford.

I'm sorry if we're "celebrating" our baseball team sweeping someone is something that you have trouble handling right now. But the fact of the matter is as of last week we wouldn't have swept Mizzou on the road and that is at the very least encouraging. Like I said last week- our players can either pack it in or fight. It looks like they've chosen to fight.

Hey man, I'm not saying we shouldn't feel good about the sweep. I'm saying we shouldn't perhaps feel, "too good" or consider it a sign we have emerged from our funk. Compete with OM and win the TAMU series, then I'll feel much better about where we are.

And if you don't think a suburb of St. Louis is a home game versus a team from Illinois, I don't know what to tell you.

mic
04-21-2014, 06:07 PM
NO ONE said we have turned the corner or that we have now emerged as the team to beat.
But the first post to this thread was YOU saying a bad Mizzu team.. Something negative..
No props for a good sweep. or way to nut up on Sunday and get the win. Or we hit the ball well..
Nothing positive from you.. until we all started showing you that it was a good 3 game sweep..
Quoting CDM.... "You need to clean things up a bit next time"...

Todd4State
04-21-2014, 06:08 PM
Hey man, I'm not saying we shouldn't feel good about the sweep. I'm saying we shouldn't perhaps feel, "too good" or consider it a sign we have emerged from our funk. Compete with OM and win the TAMU series, then I'll feel much better about where we are.

And if you don't think a suburb of St. Louis is a home game versus a team from Illinois, I don't know what to tell you.

Columbia is 100 miles from St. Louis. There are a ton of University of Illinois alumni in St. Louis. In fact they are having their version of the Governor's Cup this week at Busch Stadium. That Southern Illinois game was a neutral site game and it would be like counting the USM game as a home game for us.

The bottom line is bad baseball teams or teams in a rut don't sweep bad baseball teams on the road in the SEC.

State82
04-21-2014, 07:44 PM
The bottom line is bad baseball teams or teams in a rut don't sweep bad baseball teams on the road in the SEC.

This pretty much sums up the whole thread.

blacklistedbully
04-21-2014, 09:21 PM
NO ONE said we have turned the corner or that we have now emerged as the team to beat.
But the first post to this thread was YOU saying a bad Mizzu team.. Something negative..
No props for a good sweep. or way to nut up on Sunday and get the win. Or we hit the ball well..
Nothing positive from you.. until we all started showing you that it was a good 3 game sweep..
Quoting CDM.... "You need to clean things up a bit next time"...

A ton of people are insinuating this was a a sign we have turned things around. My first post was in response to another noting the 9-run average was inflated by the 16 versus Alcorn, to which I added, "and a bad Mizzou team".

Guess what...Mizzou is alone in last place in the SEC at 6-12, and are only 11-9 OOC. They ARE a bad baseball team.

I have repeatedly. specifically said I'm happy we got the sweep, but have cautioned against putting too much emphasis on this 4-game streak as it pertains to optimism going forward. On the heels of getting swept at LSu and losing 2 of 3 at home to Ole Miss, it is pretty silly to get overly-excited about a 4-game win streak over Alcorn and Mizzou x 3.

While I am glad we didn't fold versus those bad, if sometimes capable teams, I reserve the right to be cautiously optimistic, or even skeptical until I see us play well and beat teams like Ole Miss & Tamu. Those teams will be the first real test for us since the series loss to Ole Miss, IMO.

Yes, I enjoyed the sweep of Mizzou, but it really boils down to one extra win over what I am sure everyone here would have considered the bare minimum of acceptable, and we damn near lost that 1 extra game. Anything less than the Alcorn win plus 2 of 3 from Mizzou would have been terrible, so, as I see it, 2 of 3 was the bare minimum to remain a little hopeful, with the 3rd win a bit of icing on a decent, but not spectacular cake.

It needs to be followed now by a strong performance in the next 4 games to warrant more love than that, IMO.

That's not being negative, that's being real. And stop with the, "team-to-beat" bullshit. You know I never said that, not even close. You haven't showed me shit, other than you like to twist other's words and engage in hyperbole in a failed attempt to support a weak argument.

blacklistedbully
04-21-2014, 09:27 PM

I didn't say we are a bad baseball team. I have never said that, and I don't think it. I said Mizzou is a bad team, and that a sweep over them, though nice, is not something that gets me all warm & fuzzy, ready to forget the debacles versus LSU & OM.

I do think we have played poorly this past month, which clearly coincides with who we've played. Versus the good teams we got our asses handed to us. Versus the bad teams we won. I want to see us beat some good teams again before I'm ready to feel particularly good about how we're playing.

Coach34
04-21-2014, 09:44 PM
A ton of people are insinuating this was a a sign we have turned things around.\.

No they arent- People are just proud of our team for rebounding and showing some fight.

There's not a swinging dick on this site that thinks we have a good offensive team. There's not a swinging dick on this site that thinks we are going to start slamming the ball around. BUT:

There are some guys that see sweeping an SEC team on the road is progress and something to be excited about. We still have alot of work to do- nobody denies that. But at least we showed some life and battled our asses off in Missouri.

THAT is something we can all live with from our teams

basedog
04-21-2014, 09:55 PM
Damn 34, I gotta say that was a great post! "You've come far Pilgrim".........