So here are the current standings of the SEC in Baseball:

Bama 28-11 (12-5)
Florida 26-13 (11-6)
LSU 30-10-1 (10-7-1)
TSUN 30-11 (10-8)
MSU 26-15 (10-8)
USCe 30-10 (10-8)
UK 26-14 (9-9)

Now looking at the remaining schedules who has the best chance?

Bama (3@USCe, 3 vs. UF, 3 @ LSU, 3 vs MSU)
UF (3 vs. Mizzou, 3 @ BAMA, 3 vs. Vandy, 3 @ UT)
LSU (3 vs. UT, 3 @ TAMU, 3 vs BAMA, 3 @ Auburn)
TSUN (3 @ UK, 3 vs. Arky, 3 vs. UGA, 3 @ TAMU)
MSU (3 vs TAMU, 3 @ Auburn, 3 vs UT 3 @ BAMA)
USCe (3 vs BAMA, 3 @ UGA, 3 vs Mizzou, 3 @ Vandy)
UK (3 vs TSUN, 3 @ UT, 3 vs Auburn, 3 @ UGA)

Thoughts on who ends up on top?

Leroy Jenkins
04-20-2014, 05:30 PM
I'll take our schedule over anyone's at this point.... No excuses the rest of the way.

I seen it dawg
04-20-2014, 05:32 PM
We definitely are sitting good schedule wise

Coach34
04-20-2014, 05:34 PM
Think about this- we are going to have a better SEC record this year than last

blacklistedbully
04-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Actually, this is hard to figure.

M.Fillmore
04-20-2014, 05:36 PM
I think LSU edges it out but we will be close behind. I hope that claim gets reversed.

Coach34
04-20-2014, 05:38 PM
If we sweep A&M next weekend its gonna get interesting

I seen it dawg
04-20-2014, 05:38 PM
Just hope blowing the Saturday game at LSU doesn't come back to haunt us.

Saltydog
04-20-2014, 05:45 PM
along the line.

HailState39110
04-20-2014, 05:50 PM
Think about this- we are going to have a better SEC record this year than last

Our schedule is much easier this year in conference . We got hosed last year not getting to play Mizzou, Tenn, and Georgia . 9-3 is a real possibility for our last 12 SEC games and you would think a 19-11 SEC record deserves to be in the hosting conversation . We will see how it plays out .

blacklistedbully
04-20-2014, 05:50 PM
I'm guessing:

8 losses for Bama (13 losses)
3 losses for UF (9 losses)
2 or 3 losses for LSU (9 or 10 losses)
5 losses for TSUN (13 losses)
4 losses for MSU (12 losses)
2 or 3 losses for SCar (10 or 11 losses)
4 losses for UK (13 losses)

That would put us in 4th place behind UF, LSU & SCar, but only if we play really well the rest of the way.

curmudgeon
04-20-2014, 05:51 PM
LSU has the edge with the tiebreakers over us and Ole Miss, but I think we can finish second, which gives us a host spot. 50/50 if we finish third. Fourth won't be enough. 2nd and we are hosting.

Todd4State
04-20-2014, 05:52 PM
We must get Preston back. I don't care if he only gives us three innings.

That way we can:

Fri: Fitts/Lindgren/Holder
Sat: Ross
Sun: Preston/Woodruff/Lindgren for 1/Holder for 1

Mop up: Bracewell/Gentry

Todd4State
04-20-2014, 05:54 PM
Auburn is going to be tougher for us than many think because of their ballpark. I'll be happy with 2/3 out of there. It would be nice to sweep A&M and Tennessee.

Todd4State
04-20-2014, 05:54 PM
Just hope blowing the Saturday game at LSU doesn't come back to haunt us.

I hope the miracle come from behind win over Ole Miss is the difference.

RAYn_Man
04-20-2014, 06:10 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but if a game that was canceled due to weather earlier in the year(such as one of Bama's games) and that game could decide the SEC title, then that game would be played in Hoover a day or two before the tournament starts. Or am I imagining things?

Todd4State
04-20-2014, 06:33 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but if a game that was canceled due to weather earlier in the year(such as one of Bama's games) and that game could decide the SEC title, then that game would be played in Hoover a day or two before the tournament starts. Or am I imagining things?

I've never known of that rule, but hell- I didn't know you could have a pitcher warm up and then keep the preceding pitcher in the game until today either. (And maybe you really can't.)

TheRef
04-20-2014, 06:35 PM

I believe that it was just considered a tie and goes down as such...

BulldogBear
04-20-2014, 07:09 PM
Bama's last 4 series are nasty. Dawgs and Bears have the best set up for the remaining games.

maroonmania
04-20-2014, 07:29 PM
Dang, didn't realize that LSU essentially has the exact same schedule as us the rest of the way. They definitely have the advantage on everyone at this point.

Jack Lambert
04-20-2014, 08:33 PM
LSU has the edge with the tiebreakers over us and Ole Miss, but I think we can finish second, which gives us a host spot. 50/50 if we finish third. Fourth won't be enough. 2nd and we are hosting.

Not only that the tie could be what wins it for them. Right now if they had lost that game they would be 10-8 but as it sits they only have 7 lost. Too bad our third game with them wans't rained out.

ScoobaDawg
04-21-2014, 02:17 AM
I believe that it was just considered a tie and goes down as such...

Incorrect. the game is just lost. not made up and not a tie. the tie on there record was for a sunday game that ended in a tie due to time rules.
Anytime there is a lost game it makes the standings interesting due to percentages being different.

TheRef
04-21-2014, 02:34 AM
Incorrect. the game is just lost. not made up and not a tie. the tie on there record was for a sunday game that ended in a tie due to time rules.
Anytime there is a lost game it makes the standings interesting due to percentages being different.

I stand corrected...good job, Scoob

RAYn_Man
04-21-2014, 07:59 AM
The game is lost but if that game could affect the SEC regular season championship, then the game is played in Hoover before the tourney starts.

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-21-2014, 09:41 AM
Dang, didn't realize that LSU essentially has the exact same schedule as us the rest of the way. They definitely have the advantage on everyone at this point.
They do. But Florida is also playing really well. They are 8-2 in their last 10 and have Mizzou, @Bama, Vandy, @Tenn remaining.

ScoobaDawg
04-21-2014, 10:04 AM
The game is lost but if that game could affect the SEC regular season championship, then the game is played in Hoover before the tourney starts.

THIS is NOT Correct. Not sure where you have seen that but it's not true. First off think about that, the SEC wants to have two teams play a makeup game in Hoover say the day before the SEC tourny starts? No way. They already move the final regular seasons series up a day trying to give pitchers that extra day off before the tournament starts.
This is specifically why they say highest percentage instead of games won. Further more, the SEC allows schools to make up those missed conference games with Non-conference games before the season ends.

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/Portals/3/SEC%20Website/compliance/Baseball.pdf

Conference Championship/Tournament. [SEC Bylaw 30.22.1.3]
1. The team with the highest percentage of wins during regular-season Conference competition will be declared the Conference champion. The team in each division with the highest percentage of wins during regular-season Conference competition will be declared division champions. If two or more teams are tied with the highest percentage of wins, they will be declared division co-champions and/or Conference co-champions. Final division standings will be determined by the won-loss percentage in regular-season Conference competitions.

Seeding. The two division champions shall be automatically seeded number one and number two based on winning
percentage in Conference competition. The remaining teams shall be seeded numbers three through twelve based on
winning percentage without regard to division. Ties will be broken in the following manner:

1. Two-Team Tie. The following procedure will be used in the following order until the tie is broken:

A. Won-lost results of head-to-head competition between the two tied teams.

B. If two-teams are divisional opponents:

(1) Won-lost percentage within their division (over the 15-game SEC division schedule).

(2) Won-lost percentage of the two teams versus the No. 1 team in their division (and
proceeding through the No. 7 team, if necessary).
C. If two teams are not divisional opponents:

(1) Won-lost record of the two teams versus the No. 1 seed using common opponents only
(and proceeding through the No. 12 seed, if necessary).

(2) Coin flip by the Commissioner.

2. Three-Team Tie (or more). The following procedure will be used in the following order until the tie is
broken: (Note: If the three tied teams have three different records against each other, they shall be seeded
in best-percentage order.) Otherwise, once the tie has been reduced to two teams, the two-team tiebreaker
procedure will be used.

A. If all three teams are common opponents: Total won-lost percentage of games played among the
tied teams.

B. Won-lost percentage of the tied teams versus the No. 1 seed and proceeding through the No. 12
seed, if necessary, using common opponents only.

C. If three or more teams still are tied, the Commissioner will conduct a draw.

blacklistedbully
04-21-2014, 10:59 AM
I seem to recall us getting edged out by SCar in the final standings within the last couple years due to one of their games being cancelled, thus their winning percentage slightly higher than ours. If I recall correctly, it was a game at Vandy, too.

ScoobaDawg
04-21-2014, 11:53 AM
I seem to recall us getting edged out by SCar in the final standings within the last couple years due to one of their games being cancelled, thus their winning percentage slightly higher than ours. If I recall correctly, it was a game at Vandy, too.

It was 06, and it was Tenn. LSU got the final spot and we missed out .433 to .414 after dropping 2 to the bears in the final series.

dickiedawg
04-21-2014, 01:12 PM
They do. But Florida is also playing really well. They are 8-2 in their last 10 and have Mizzou, @Bama, Vandy, @Tenn remaining.

They've also won 6 straight.

maroonmania
04-21-2014, 01:24 PM

True, and having a series with Vandy doesn't look nearly as daunting as it did when the season started.