PDA

View Full Version : What if Jacob Coker isn't very good?

ShotgunDawg
04-19-2014, 04:05 PM
I know, I know, he is supposed to be the second coming of Jay Barker, but he hasn't played much, and what if he lacks instincts and sucks?

I am amazed at how, with Bama's recruiting, they actually had to have a transfer gift wrapped to them in order to feel good about the season.

Does Saban know how to evaluate QBs?

Political Hack
04-19-2014, 04:10 PM
isn't Blake sims still there?

ShotgunDawg
04-19-2014, 04:12 PM
Yes, but apparently he was not good today.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-19-2014, 04:32 PM
Sims is beyond awful

bluelightstar
04-19-2014, 04:37 PM
Sims is terrible and with Bama being my #2 team (I go to school here), I am confident in saying that Alabama will not win the SEC West if Blake Sims is the starter.

I seen it dawg
04-19-2014, 04:43 PM
Coker is no Russell Wilson. There is a reason he hasn't ever played.

bluelightstar
04-19-2014, 04:45 PM

Alabama only needs a decent QB, not a very good one. Our game will be interesting because our front 7 might finally have the ability to really match up with the Bama running game and there are no obvious liabilities in the secondary when we go man. Amari Cooper is dangerous, but I trust the Minister of Mayhem

I seen it dawg
04-19-2014, 04:47 PM
Coker isn't decent. He's pedestrian.

chef dixon
04-19-2014, 05:01 PM
Bama/Saban is pretty good at not letting sub-par QB play bring the team down as a whole. He also doesn't really allow them the opportunity to be terrible with a strong running game and easy throws off play action.

DawgPoundRock
04-19-2014, 05:06 PM
I wasnt really impressed with Alabama honestly. Auburn is gonna be very legit again this year, Duke Williams and Sammy Coates will be a nightmare for all secondaries. Artis-Payne is gonna have a good year. Its gonna be a shootout when they come to Starkville

Todd4State
04-19-2014, 05:11 PM
I know, I know, he is supposed to be the second coming of Jay Barker, but he hasn't played much, and what if he lacks instincts and sucks?

I am amazed at how, with Bama's recruiting, they actually had to have a transfer gift wrapped to them in order to feel good about the season.

Does Saban know how to evaluate QBs?

I think he's OK at evaluating QB's, but not so good at adjusting his offense to fit a dual threat QB.

I can't figure out why so many coaches have a hard time with this?

But to answer your first question- if Coker sucks then they are going to have to rely a LOT on Yeldon. Which basically means that their offense is going to be like Jackie's in the late 1990's.

Todd4State
04-19-2014, 05:15 PM

I agree that he is pedestrian, but I don't think any other college QB could start over Jameis Winston. If he can stay out of trouble he has a chance to be a special player in the NFL.

If I had to design a perfect QB on X-box- it would be Winston. He's 6'5", 240 with a rocket launcher for an arm, he's accurate, he is a leader, and he can run.

Political Hack
04-19-2014, 05:51 PM
A talking head from Alabama on ATL radio today said he expects Sims to start and that he's been very good the last few scrimmages. Haven't watched any of them so I have no clue, but at least one talking head thinks Sims is the guy.

Todd4State
04-19-2014, 06:00 PM
I disagree with the guy in Atlanta because:

1. Lane Kiffen doesn't like dual theat QB's. Ask J'Mar Smith.

2. Alabama didn't convince Coker to transfer to sit on the bench.

Dallas_Dawg
04-19-2014, 06:08 PM
What if this is the year that Bama isn't a top 10 team? They are due for sure and after last year's final two games and not having a QB in place, I can see it happening.
Lane Kiffen may also be a **** up that costs them somewhere down the road. It woukd be so much fun to listen to Finebaum with all of the Bama fans crying.
Bama has got to come down to Earth at some point. Is 2014 the year?!?!?

dogshiek
04-19-2014, 06:09 PM
Jameson still an alleged sex offender. Cooker still second string. Little Nikki maybe going to the Dawgs.

dawg21
04-19-2014, 06:16 PM
My Bama relatives told me they don't care who the QB is, they think their defense will be sick(close to 2011 level)

Pollodawg
04-19-2014, 10:28 PM
They had better pray that Coker is the answer. If he is anything less than mediocre, Bama won't win 10 games. Because what I saw today was shitastic. Blake Sims is beyond awful.

bluelightstar
04-19-2014, 10:46 PM
They had better pray that Coker is the answer. If he is anything less than mediocre, Bama won't win 10 games. Because what I saw today was shitastic. Blake Sims is beyond awful.

Agreed. Even though Alabama's defense will be very good (I'm not buying 2011 level yet -- not until I see proof in the secondary), there are major questions at quarterback. Add to that the fact that the kicking game is still leaving something to be desired, and Alabama has some preseason question marks. Problem for us is that all of Alabama's potential answers are 4- and 5-star choices...

War Machine Dawg
04-19-2014, 10:49 PM
Agreed. Even though Alabama's defense will be very good (I'm not buying 2011 level yet -- not until I see proof in the secondary), there are major questions at quarterback. Add to that the fact that the kicking game is still leaving something to be desired, and Alabama has some preseason question marks. Problem for us is that all of Alabama's potential answers are 4- and 5-star choices...

Let's be honest: Our front 7 was better than Bama's front 7 at the end of last season. Unless that changes for Bama, they'll come back to the pack a little bit. And if Coker can't get the job done at QB.......it could be a fun fall, boys.

TUSK
04-19-2014, 11:12 PM
Wow.

Pollodawg
04-19-2014, 11:15 PM
Wow.

Did you see something the rest of us didn't?