PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Jim!! I didn't want to hear the play live anyway!

Drugdog
04-18-2014, 09:45 PM
The commercial break was wonderful. Great to hear you rehash what happened while you were babbling about Luvel.

starkvegasdawg
04-18-2014, 09:50 PM
He says it's his radio and you're just listening to it.

BulldogBear
04-18-2014, 09:53 PM
I just wish he knew there is an "h" at the end of the sixt inning

Todd4State
04-18-2014, 09:54 PM
Speaking of Luvel, I met the woman who allegedly the ice cream was named after. /hijack over.

Goat Holder
04-19-2014, 09:33 AM
Don't be hatin on Luvel, fool

CadaverDawg
04-19-2014, 09:48 AM
Bart tries to blame it on the umpires to help take heat off of Jim, but he knows as well as we do that if Jim would STFU when the last out is recorded and get to the break, we would rarely if ever miss a pitch. You can't do a :30 or 1:00 read after giving the inning runs/hits/errors, and expect to make it back on time. Umpires only have to give a minute or until the pitcher is ready, so do the math Jim...:60 worth of commercials + :60 of Jim Ellis = The radio audience likely missing some of the game. It isn't rocket surgery.

As someone who has done it before...that shit pisses me off. Your audience and the game always come first. You can make up ads and commercials during pitching changes and/or during the post game show.

PassInterference
04-19-2014, 10:30 AM
Jim is not much better than Cristil was before Cristil stepped down. Jim needs to go.

Ellis has served MSU well for manny years. Its time.

War Machine Dawg
04-19-2014, 11:06 AM
Jim is not much better than Cristil was before Cristil stepped down. Jim needs to go.

Ellis has served MSU well for manny years. Its time.

Sadly, I'm starting to agree. He constantly talks over Matt during football because he's too damn slow at keeping up with the play. Problem is, I think we'd just insert Bart as the new play-by-play guy. He might be good at it, but the thought of another GOB System hire makes me want to hurl. I'd look really hard at Will Kollmeyer over at ICC. He'd be a very good play-by-play choice for football and basketball. Let Bart keep baseball and find someone to pair with him.

preachermatt83
04-19-2014, 11:09 AM
Sadly, I'm starting to agree. He constantly talks over Matt during football because he's too damn slow at keeping up with the play. Problem is, I think we'd just insert Bart as the new play-by-play guy. He might be good at it, but the thought of another GOB System hire makes me want to hurl. I'd look really hard at Will Kollmeyer over at ICC. He'd be a very good play-by-play choice for football and basketball. Let Bart keep baseball and find someone to pair with him.

+1

BulldogBear
04-19-2014, 11:25 AM

Does a Bear crap in the woods (grove)? Is the sky blue? If the answer is yes, then you are spot on.

PassInterference
04-19-2014, 02:32 PM
Where is the sac that wasn't too shy to ask Hank Flick to step down?

War Machine Dawg
04-19-2014, 03:42 PM
Where is the sac that wasn't too shy to ask Hank Flick to step down?

In Arizona.